PDA

View Full Version : Going to Ethiopia early May

mrgospodin
24-04-2013, 11:39
hello good samaritans,

i will be visiting 4 countries in East Africa that includes Ethiopia as well. If you want to donate some used cloths for children, adults or any other thing that you think could be useful for a needy person, please feel free to contact me. best to meet inside metro station for collection of items. in return, i can send you photos of those people who receives your goods :)

my email spd4speed at gmail dot com
Fazal

Babygirl
29-04-2013, 21:40
Pretty awesome.

I got a whole bunch of useless shoes and dresses, not sure if African people would be interested in it , but definitely can share it.

Good to hear that people are doing stuff like that.

yakspeare
30-04-2013, 00:27
Pretty awesome.

I got a whole bunch of useless shoes and dresses, not sure if African people would be interested in it , but definitely can share it.

Good to hear that people are doing stuff like that.

whoa, what, what?!! Did my eyes deceive me? Babygirl posting???

Tolko is going to go nuts. Welcome back! Jack where are you too??

mrgospodin
30-04-2013, 13:27
@babygirl... i believe ppl like western cloths in africa!... as per shoes, ppl will receive it with a big-broad-bright smile :)
imagine. a hot lazy afternoon u woke up and find my email with pictures of ladies wearing your cloths & your shoes and they are expressing thanks to you :) i think its a priceless feeling
p.s. seems like some ppl ahve been waiting for you a decade after world entered 21st century. welcome back!

mrgospodin
30-04-2013, 13:29
so when/where to meet for collection of goods?

quincy
30-04-2013, 15:05
according to reports Ethiopia's economy is enjoying a boom and hopefully the country will be able to stand on its own feet before long. Ethiopian businessmen, maids and workers in general are to be found in all the oil-rich Gulf states

mrgospodin
30-04-2013, 15:42
quincy, hi. you're right about the incline in economy graph but currently their people are very poor and starving. i haven't been there myself but my Russian colleague was there last month and told that ppl are very poor.
i specifically mentioned Ethiopia in my first post (though i'm visiting Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Ethiopia) because this picture http://www.inminds.com/globalisation.html is stuck in my mind since ages. i don't plan to resell or give away cloths to friends, etc. thsi is why i mentioned that i will send you pictures of people receiving your goods. anyways, i'm not allowed to take more than 35kg weight so obviously i'm looking for something around 20kg in donation from different people.
choice is yours