PDA

View Full Version : 90 Day Visa--temporary Residency

Dirtylooks
26-11-2007, 16:22
I cameback from my visa run to Kiev last Monday. My visa was processed in record time. Came in at 10:15 AM handed in the application with my passport and paid $450 and was on my way out of the embassy by 10:20 AM, cameback at 4:15 PM to pick up my visa and at 4:20 I was on my way out again with my 90 day (1 year business visa).

Now I want to apply for temporary residency. I know it takes up to 4 1/2 months, but do I have to leave the country while the temporary visa is being processed after my 90 day business visa expires?

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT

BrianS
26-11-2007, 17:15
First off....I am guessing that you are NOT American as the consolate in Kiev now makes Americans wait 10 days to get your visa unless you are registered in Ukraine for MORE than 90 days. At least that was my experience and what I and others were told when we were there. (I came back 1 week ago.) I am just posting this so Americans don't see your post and think they can run to Kiev like you did and be in and out in the same day.

Secondly if your current visa expires before you have your temporary resident permit then YES you have to leave the country and come back in on a new visa or if yours is still valid and doesn't have the 90/180 stipulations on your current visa.

I hope this helps.

26-11-2007, 17:38
Be ready to wait 6 months after you submit the documents, and maybe even a bit more. The FMS receives really a lot of applications for RP and 6 months is now the very minimum, in Moscow at least.

So yes you will have to leave after the 90 days, anyway you do not need to stay in Russia after you submit your documents. After 5 months your wife (if any!) can visit the FMS to get news, and anyway you will receive a notification when your RP will be ready.