PDA

View Full Version : Drink promotions

psiems
26-01-2004, 14:18
I am looking for good ideas that people would like to see beer and liquor company's do with bars, SMS messages, promotions, etc. Let me guys know what you think!

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 14:29
Originally posted by psiems
I am looking for good ideas that people would like to see beer and liquor company's do with bars, SMS messages, promotions, etc. Let me guys know what you think!

FREE DRINKS !

Fa-Q!
26-01-2004, 14:45
Drinks on the house for all you boozin' fxxkers! Especially for chicks. Seems if they're drunk, they tend to let me get their clothes off easier. Has anyone else noticed this?

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 14:50
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
Drinks on the house for all you boozin' f**kers! Especially for chicks. Seems if they're drunk, they tend to let me get their clothes off easier. Has anyone else noticed this?

You mean 'passed out', 'cause that's the only way they'll let you near !

Fa-Q
26-01-2004, 14:57
Well, there was that one time with ya mum, but I apologized for that, so I wish you'd quit bringin' it up.

psiems
26-01-2004, 15:18
I know I set myself up for the free drinks comments, but how about ideas similar to campaigns in Western Europe dealing with SMS marketing?

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 15:18
Let's get off mom's. I just got off yours.

DJ Biscuit
26-01-2004, 15:55
Guinness (Diageo) did an SMS promotion in Moscow last year promoting two for one beers and new outlets. They sent out over 6000 SMS's using info from a previous promo which required ppl to put their mobile number on a form in order to be entered in some draw. Th SMS thing worked well.

Cross selling/offers also work well.

Why do you ask?

psiems
26-01-2004, 16:01
We are thinking about organizing something similar to what Guinness did, but I am looking for something new that people might find interesting!

DJ Biscuit
26-01-2004, 16:07
Where do you work? Bar or s/thing?

Like I said cross selling works, like order two beers get free wings for example.

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 16:15
We are thinking about organizing something similar to what Guinness did, but I am looking for something new that people might find interesting!

I'm not joking ! You advertise free booze, and I'll go anywhere !

jheisel
26-01-2004, 16:17
Limitchik - See you at Boar House tonight for 4-for-1 cocktails?

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 16:25
Originally posted by jheisel
Limitchik - See you at Boar House tonight for 4-for-1 cocktails?

Well I should amend my above comment to exclude those times when I am otherwise engaged with work-related commitments. Alas, Jheisel, no, not tonight.

psiems
26-01-2004, 16:26
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
Where do you work? Bar or s/thing?

Like I said cross selling works, like order two beers get free wings for example.

Actually, I work for an IT company, we are interested in doing promotions via SMS gateway and developing these types of portals.

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 16:33
Actually, I work for an IT company, we are interested in doing promotions via SMS gateway and developing these types of portals.

Can you offer free beer through these portals ? If so, we may have an idea !

DJ Biscuit
26-01-2004, 16:37

Ah, then inviting ppl through SMS to try new bars/products and offering them s/thing for free, T-Shirt, drink etc if they show the SMS they received at the venue would help recognise success rate.

psiems
26-01-2004, 16:38
I was thinking of something maybe like a treasure hunt/pub crawl. SMS messages directing you to cooperating bars/nightclubs, one of which will have a nice prize? What do you guys think?

DJ Biscuit
26-01-2004, 16:44
Excellent. I was involved in organising a pub crawl here many yrs ago, worked really well. You could do it so ppl receive messages as they go along, so they have to accept the SMS when you want them to, instructing where to go next and what to buy there etc.

They should show SMS in each bar to get a stamp or proof they were there and in the last place those with completed, full stamp cards get a prize and are entered into a draw for bigger prizes provided free by sponsors.

psiems
26-01-2004, 16:48
Originally posted by DJ Biscuit
Excellent. I was involved in organising a pub crawl here many yrs ago, worked really well. You could do it so ppl receive messages as they go along, so they have to accept the SMS when you want them to, instructing where to go next and what to buy there etc.

They should show SMS in each bar to get a stamp or proof they were there and in the last place those with completed, full stamp cards get a prize and are entered into a draw for bigger prizes provided free by sponsors.

Nice!! Or send clues or something via SMS, at each participating venue they have the brand discounted, the right venue can have a drawing with a nice prize, i.e. plane tickets, etc.

jheisel
26-01-2004, 16:48
Yeah, but wouldn't the bar owners want the clients to stay put and keep drinking?

DJ Biscuit
26-01-2004, 16:53
Not necessarily. If it means hundreds of first time clients will see his/her bar and the sponsor provides discounted beer they have nothing to lose. Those ppl would not have been in that bar if such an event had not happened. It's a chance to get extra ppl in and show new clients what sort of place they have.