PDA

View Full Version : Marrying a Russian citizen

Johngmac
18-04-2013, 00:32
I am new to this forum and website. My question is basically that I am getting married in St Petersburg in September to my Russian girlfriend, and intend to live with her here in England. I understand we need authorisation and permission for her to reside in England. Can anyone advise me of the steps which need to be taken, the documentation required, proof of marriage etc. Many thanks, Johngmac

frankjohn2
18-04-2013, 02:05
Search is your friend ... that question has been asked and answered on this site at least twice before...

Benedikt
18-04-2013, 05:00
I am new to this forum and website. My question is basically that I am getting married in St Petersburg in September to my Russian girlfriend, and intend to live with her here in England. I understand we need authorisation and permission for her to reside in England. Can anyone advise me of the steps which need to be taken, the documentation required, proof of marriage etc. Many thanks, Johngmac

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2156993/New-law-demands-20-000-salary-marry-foreigner.html

i know it is easier to get an answer here from someone who actually has done it. byt remember also, laws can change from month to the next one. and what was done 6 month ago, might be not true anymore now.
so in your case, if you are here in St.Petes, go the the British Consulate, they have the answers.
And if you are back in the UK, the place that you will get married ( registrar's office? you call it) will be your friend and helper.
good luck to you and your future wife.