PDA

View Full Version : work permit

raza
21-11-2007, 12:40
I am in a very strange situation, I ve my temporary residency. In my last post I got response that in Moscow region I can work without work permit but now as per new law I cant I ve to apply for work permit.

Now the problem is I went to an agency to make this process for me but they told me that I could not apply individual work permit which means I need to endorse myself with any organization.

I am working in an organization, they got this info that I can apply individual work permit too but they are willing to facilitate me.
If a person is not working and want to obtain an individual work permit then what is the process?

I would like to know.

VladSkywolf
21-11-2007, 13:37
I am in a very strange situation, I ve my temporary residency. In my last post I got response that in Moscow region I can work without work permit but now as per new law I cant I ve to apply for work permit.

Now the problem is I went to an agency to make this process for me but they told me that I could not apply individual work permit which means I need to endorse myself with any organization.

I am working in an organization, they got this info that I can apply individual work permit too but they are willing to facilitate me.
If a person is not working and want to obtain an individual work permit then what is the process?

I would like to know.

Anybody else please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that work permits are not issued to individuals per se, only through approved employers. In other words, a company must first be authorized to hire foreign workers (an application process which takes time), then they must submit a work permit request for each foreign worker they wish to hire. That work permit is then issued to the individual through the sponsoring company, i.e., they own you. :) As far as I'm aware, an individual without a sponsoring employer cannot obtain a work permit. They can apply for an entrepenuer license, but that may require residency first?

raza
21-11-2007, 15:13
thx dear, i am much clear now, so its mean i need to apply through my company

Bels
21-11-2007, 22:11
Anybody else please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that work permits are not issued to individuals per se, only through approved employers. In other words, a company must first be authorized to hire foreign workers (an application process which takes time), then they must submit a work permit request for each foreign worker they wish to hire. That work permit is then issued to the individual through the sponsoring company, i.e., they own you. :) As far as I'm aware, an individual without a sponsoring employer cannot obtain a work permit. They can apply for an entrepenuer license, but that may require residency first?

Spot on, you are right. Get employed by a company in Russia who is qualified to invite a foreigner. If the company ask you such silly questions as for you to apply for a work permit, then you are wastng your time with this company.
Even if this company is keen to apply for you, it's going to take them some time for the application process and of course money. Are you worth it?

metalhead
24-03-2008, 20:02
I was able to obtain work permit in less than one week without any company getting involved . Did all myself and payed no extra fees .

Bels
24-03-2008, 20:42
I was able to obtain work permit in less than one week without any company getting involved . Did all myself and payed no extra fees .

What would this mean? Would it mean that you can stay in Russia for a year? That you would have the right to be employed by any employer? Would this permit be genuine and legal?

Do you have residency here? Or are you on a business visa?

Natkin
25-03-2008, 00:27
If you have a residency in Russia, you can obtain an individual work permit. You apply at your local (I mean where you are registered) FMS office. You fill a form, and pay fee. Within a month`s time you are supposed to bring the medical test results. Mind you, some FMS offices demand you to have it BEFORE application, although the law says otherwise, don`t argue.

They have different quotas on different professions, some might be full now because we are almost in April. If you make friends with an officer, he will advice you what to write.

You have to wait for a permit for about a month. After you got it, any company may employ you, even not having a quota for foreigners. They just pay bigger tax for you.

Bels
25-03-2008, 00:38
If you have a residency in Russia, you can obtain an individual work permit. You apply at your local (I mean where you are registered) FMS office. You fill a form, and pay fee. Within a month`s time you are supposed to bring the medical test results. Mind you, some FMS offices demand you to have it BEFORE application, although the law says otherwise, don`t argue.

They have different quotas on different professions, some might be full now because we are almost in April. If you make friends with an officer, he will advice you what to write.

You have to wait for a permit for about a month. After you got it, any company may employ you, even not having a quota for foreigners. They just pay bigger tax for you.

Now you're getting me all confused !! We've just been through all that getting residency :( Why on earth should we do it all again :(
No! I go with the info if you have residency all you need is a work contract.
And if you want to go freelance or be self employed ( same thing) get an entrepeneurs license.