PDA

View Full Version : Camping, a few thoughts...

harrycallaghan
18-03-2013, 02:30
Im pretty interested in camping. In my native land I used to go camping quite a lot. I knew the best, safest and most comfortable spots off the beaten track, Im hoping when the weather clears that i can go camping in the "wilderness" again (by wilderness meaning not pay per night campsite). Sadly I do not know any areas that allow camp fires and tents, around the moscow area.
Now I understand that many people dont want to put the location of their favourite campsite out there, that they enjoy the privacy, but often in the chance we end up in the same place at the same time, we can share skills or ideas and tips and tricks.... Maybe some sort of outdoorsmans club, if we cant get safe wilderness spots, maybe some sort of gathering for all comers for all ages?

sashadidi
18-03-2013, 08:07
Hi Harry we have wilderness camped near Ryazan in the summer in the past and of course it's easy to find any number of isolated spots but near Moscow I cannot help sorry.
But I have one word for you to keep in mind : комар!!!

Judge
18-03-2013, 12:34
You can camp wild in nearly every forest outside of Moscow, find a nice lake/river and set up camp,no one will bother you, just make sure you're not on or near someone's land .Wild camping here is very popular,I don't think I've seen or ever heard of paid campsites.

I don't have a favourite place for camping around Moscow because I've never been to the same place twice,so many areas to choose from.Look at a map, find a place that's not so populated and explore the area.

mrzuzzo
18-03-2013, 13:12
Hi Harry we have wilderness camped near Ryazan in the summer in the past and of course it's easy to find any number of isolated spots but near Moscow I cannot help sorry.

+1 on this. The Ryazan' area is one of the best for wilderness camping (near Moscow) as there are lots of places to go, and it's quite forested with a decent amount of water.

The best further out place to go from what I hear is Karelia, but again it's quite far and as with everywhere with water else mosquitoes are abundant.

Markymountains
19-03-2013, 18:08
Hi, If any of you are interested I'm running a trekking/backpacking trip from the 18th to 28th of June starting from Sochi and traveling in and around the mountains around Lago-Naki. I could do with a couple more people to come along with the 2 commercial clients I have so far. If anyone's interested I can post the details and we can work out a cost price for EX Pat's, let me know!

robertmf
19-03-2013, 18:14

"бомбардировщики" в Сибере :bong:

Tatiana cat
27-03-2013, 11:47
Hello Harry,

you may have a look at these sites:
http://turpohod.narod.ru/
http://www.mgctk.ru/
http://hike.narod.ru/

It's free. Groups are of different level (different amount of kilometres per day, different age). Everybody can find a group according to personal interests. Regarding language: of course there are some people speaking English but not everybody (it might happen that English is a problem).