PDA

View Full Version : Advice is needed from men.

Anastasia
22-01-2004, 19:14
Hey!

Sorry in advance for stupit question....:D

Not long ago (OK, long ago). I parted with my boyfriend and still can't find someone I like. It's impossible to do it at work and I don't have a girlfriend to go out with.

Dear Men, can you tell me, if I go to pub :drink: alone do I have a little chance to get aquainted to a normal guy, and not to find an adenture on my ....bum.

Actually, I'm not looking for a troubles and adventures.

And please, don't joke about it too much, OK?:)

Stasy

Fa-Q!
22-01-2004, 19:18
You can probably meet a nice guy at a bar before it gets too late. That is, after say, 11:00 pm most are slobbering fools. Early evening might be a good time to catch some professionals that are just having a cocktail after work to wind down. Later is for the predators, drunks and other worthless scum (like me). Vot tak vot.

Anastasia
22-01-2004, 19:23
Thanks, good idea.

The problem is my appearance is too bright and causes many problems. You know, kind of nice girl, pretending that she's doing nothing waiting noone, who sits ina pub. Unadequate reaction.

Fa-Q!
22-01-2004, 19:23
By the way, I can meet ya at the Boar House at around 11:30 on Friday night...

Anastasia
22-01-2004, 19:25
I thought that at friday night at boar house it's impossible to meet anyone - it's overcrouded!

Fa-Q!
22-01-2004, 19:29
I was joking. That's the last place in the world to find a boyfriend.

Jet
22-01-2004, 19:31
I wouldn't trust a guy with such a nickname :)

joking

Limitchik
22-01-2004, 19:38
Originally posted by Anastasia
Hey! Sorry in advance for stupit question....:D Not long ago (OK, long ago). I parted with my boyfriend and still can't find someone I like. It's impossible to do it at work and I don't have a girlfriend to go out with.Dear Men, can you tell me, if I go to pub :drink: alone do I have a little chance to get aquainted to a normal guy, and not to find an adenture on my ....bum. Actually, I'm not looking for a troubles and adventures. And please, don't joke about it too much, OK?:)

Stasy

Hon, really, bars by nature are vice-ful, wanton, iniquitous, and debaucherous. People go there to drink, screw and hit on women. Do you honestly think you'll meet upstanding, well-educated, sophisticated men there ?

If you don't want to end up a passenger on the pig-skin bus rolling into tuna town, then join some social clubs, go to an internet cafe, flirt with single guys at the supermarket, etc, but stay away from the watering holes, and for god's sake, stop posting here unless you want to meet people like Fa-Q.

Broaden your horizons. Don't be afraid to be more self-expressive and proactive. Go get 'em girlfriend ! World, meet Anastasia !

J.D.
22-01-2004, 21:23
StaSy? with an 'S'?

Don't I know you?

plastique
23-01-2004, 00:57
almost impossible in this town. I go out and rarely get hit on...and according to those who post here, I am hot.....on same note...MEN: what does it mean when u say "i need time to think?" I'm doomed aren't i.

legspreader
23-01-2004, 01:00
same could be say almost impossible to meet a decent girl in this town too

natalia_apple
23-01-2004, 02:05
the last poster just has too high criteria, then

Missionary
23-01-2004, 03:30
I met my wife at church.

Poika
23-01-2004, 09:16
I like your name, Anastassia. Let's meet!

psiems
23-01-2004, 09:46
Look for the shyest guy in the bar who is also sitting alone. He's problably either new to town or from out of town. Might be your best bet!

legspreader
23-01-2004, 10:08
Originally posted by natalia_apple
the last poster just has too high criteria, then

well if my high criteria consists of some degree a fidelity ok then you've got me...

Limitchik
23-01-2004, 10:09
Originally posted by psiems
Look for the shyest guy in the bar who is also sitting alone. He's problably either new to town or from out of town. Might be your best bet!

Or dealing drugs

psiems
23-01-2004, 10:26
Originally posted by Limitchik
Or dealing drugs

True, true!

Random
23-01-2004, 10:43
My bit on this is what type of man are you looking for ?

Russian, Expat, Sugar Daddy, Sports fanatic etc etc

Expat hang out expat bars such as Boar, Mollies etc etc
Russian er er well anywhere ...
Sugar Daddy - find a club with lots of cars parked outside where the drivers are sat in them - Tinkoff, Noa, Justo, First etc
Sports fanatic either join a gym or hang at Sportland

The world is your lobster ! Enjoy it !

Oh and Good Hunting !

:D

Ledka
23-01-2004, 11:32
R u looking for a boy friend or for love? U can find a boy friend to go out with if u look around. U r a bright girl as u said and it won't be prob for u to get one.Sure u already got PM from men here. But if u r looking for real love and man of ur life then u have to wait.... or better say not to wait cos it will happen when or where u don't expect it... But then u will have to work hard to keep this feeling and this man. And it will be another story and u will post new questions here. Wish u good luck!

natalia_apple
23-01-2004, 16:31
Originally posted by legspreader
well if my high criteria consists of some degree a fidelity ok then you've got me...

well, if you want fidelity AND looks, it might really be difficult to find, but still is possible in Moscow

allice
23-01-2004, 16:34
"fidelity" has nothing to do with looks, what you are saying that all pretty girls are sluts.. ermm.. yeah right Nat :rolleyes:

moscowmail
23-01-2004, 16:40
Now now children :)

allice
23-01-2004, 16:47
ok ok I'm just playing bitch tonight :eek: :D ;)

J.D.
23-01-2004, 16:47
Don't worry Stasy. You're asking for advice from men, that puts you head and heels over your competition.

oops- I mean head and shoulders above-

legspreader
23-01-2004, 17:11
I wasnt saying that at all, and even a very plain looking girl can stray away from her man
I think Legs.... understands why I'm saying this, addressing to him

I was told this by a friend of mine that has lived here a long time when i first moved here. a russian girl can cheat on you and have sex with another guy while seriouly involved with you and think that its not cheating and their is nothing wrong with it because she loves her man and sex is just sex. and before i reap the whirlwind on this one. i've witnessed first hand on several occastions from both sides of the coin...

allice
23-01-2004, 17:23
a russian girl can cheat on you and have sex with another guy while seriouly involved with you and think that its not cheating and their is nothing wrong with it because she loves her man and sex is just sex...

as can girl of any other nationality

legspreader
23-01-2004, 17:26
true but the mentality is different at least in comparisson to american girls. russian girls act and think more like guys than amreican girls...

Limitchik
23-01-2004, 17:29
true but the mentality is different at least in comparisson to american girls. russian girls act and think more like guys than amreican girls...

Legs, pardon my French, but that's bunk. I've known just as many promiscuous American women as I have Russian. In fact, I've known far FEWER Russian women who are willing to cheat on their partners.

It depends on upbringing, morals and cl**** none of which have anything to do with nationality.

allice
23-01-2004, 17:32
Legs I second that and I am a Russian woman and have many Russian female friends.. Btw what about all those cheating expat husbands that one can see many of all over Russia..

legspreader
23-01-2004, 17:50
just because you dont know they're cheating dosent mean their not one two russians tend to marry at younger ages and this can lead to mismatches in relationships and third but not least nationality most definately has an influecing factor due to many of the factors you stated if you say that the average russian girl has the same view of sex as the average american girl i'd say you were smoking crack. oh alice for your statement dont forget all the cheating russian husbands and we were discussion the women not the men ;)

natalia_apple
23-01-2004, 17:55
legs... no prob, you choose either an American or a Russian woman - its your choice! There are some American women in Moscow!

legspreader
23-01-2004, 18:06
legs... no prob, you choose either an American or a Russian woman - its your choice! There are some American women in Moscow!

thats is irrelavant to the statement I made i said that russian and american women have inherrant difference with regards to their views on sex i made no comment one way or another in terms of my personal preference.

Anastasia
23-01-2004, 20:15
Good evening everyone. Unfortunately I'm working from home now and better connection I have at work,so I'll try to answer in one message (from work I'll answer personly everyone).

I expected the answeres, but I didn't wait for so many! :cool:
I think some of you very possibly know me as Stasy.

There are so many replies from girls with advises, they made me think what I'm looking for... well... I think some of russians will understand me. I used to be I the world where you live now and I liked to be there - I mean people, places, situations, etc... I worked in gambling business with a lot of english speaking people , but many things didn't work the way I expected and now two years pased and I'm trying to return to the life I like.

So, I'm not looking spesially for a boyfriend or friend. Like I said I'm not looking for adventures, and as there were many discssions between girls and boys here about sex behaviour - russians and americans, I think I should support some points of view - weamen are different, and I belong to the category of weamen, who value their relationship, and strongly avoid accidental one night romanses.

At the same time, I knew that there would be many various answers of diferent type, but I hope that they undestand that even very nice looking girl can have a problem with meeting people. I mean that I easily get along with anyone and get acquaited, but there are some sort of misunderstanding about it, always.

Besides, I LIKE GOOD BEER VERY VERY VERY VERY MUCH, and I'm just carzy about pubs. And unfortunately almost two years I can't go there.
:rolleyes:

I hope, next time I check for replies, I'll have time too read em more carefuly.

Anastasia (Stasy)

twaj
24-01-2004, 02:56
If I knew Russian, I'd probably take some classes at MGIMO or join the securities analysts association here in order to meet people. I'm sure that only guys do those sorts of things, just like only chicks volunteer to save homeless puppies and that sort of thing. If you're really desperate, you can do paintball or role playing games.

Bars in Moscow..... Why don't they have Boddingtons, Bass Ale, or Newcastle Brown Ale here? They have this 'English Ale' that comes in a lager version and a pilsner version, proving that they just DON'T GET IT.

trackhat
24-01-2004, 06:14
Ok - how about this one: When a Russian girl wants to break up with you, does she say something to the effect or just stop answering the phone?

Anastasia
24-01-2004, 20:15
I don't know about russian girls, I think all girls are dirrerent everywhere, but as for me, I don't built relationship if I'm not sure I really like the person. But if anyway I don't want to see a person any more I ask someone at my place to say I'm not at home or tell the person how busy I am untill he is tired to wait to see me. I think it's difficult for everyone to hurt people.

Anastasia

trackhat
26-01-2004, 03:20
So...you're basically saying 'yes.' Actually, I've done that too, although a good alternative is to tell your friend to tell her that you're breaking up with her. This especially works if he's kind of a loser and he's been jealous of you dating her for months.

DaveUKagain
26-01-2004, 04:40
Stasy, I don`t think I`ve ever met anyone in a bar. ;-))) Well, not true - I`ve "met up" with them in a bar, but I`ve never gone INTO a bar and met someone- well, no one I`ve ended up dating, that is. You meet people by mutual interests and hobbies, and sure, beer is a pretty good hobby, but, well, for me, anyway, I tend to meet people who share my interests.

Which is always a good start, isn`t it ? ;-)))))) Plus, bar full of semi-drunken people CAN be a place to get to know someone - from a kind of drunken perspective. ;-))))) We all have to sober up, though - so the rumour goes. ;-))))))

earl
26-01-2004, 08:31
Originally posted by Anastasia
But if anyway I don't want to see a person any more I ask someone at my place to say I'm not at home or tell the person how busy I am untill he is tired to wait to see me. I think it's difficult for everyone to hurt people.

Anastasia
You must be kidding -- you're how old and you can't stand to tell someone "I don't think we should see each other anymore?" Weak. I fear for the guy who dates a P/A queen...

-earl-

Limitchik
26-01-2004, 10:21
just because you dont know they're cheating dosent mean their not one two russians tend to marry at younger ages and this can lead to mismatches in relationships and third but not least nationality most definately has an influecing factor due to many of the factors you stated if you say that the average russian girl has the same view of sex as the average american girl i'd say you were smoking crack. oh alice for your statement dont forget all the cheating russian husbands and we were discussion the women not the men ;)

Legs,

I'm not a crack-smoker, and I don't play one on TV. I AM a punctuation junky, and sometimes partake in capital letters too. Occasionally, I get high on good spelling. I notice you abstain from all three of these yourself.

Legs, if we take what appears to be your opening sentence ("just because you dont know they're cheating dosent mean their not") for its implication, then the discussion is moot to begin with. I can just as easily reverse that comment towards your supposedly more faithful American women. A certain degree of dishonesty in regards to marital infidelity is to be expected, but we're both operating on personal experience and observation. What can either of us say if no one ever 'fesses up about whether they've really been unfaithful or not ?

I still contend that the decision to break one's vows has no nationality connection, rather, it is borne of personal values and morals.

How, exactly, do American and Russian women view sex differently, praytell ?

Regards,
Limitchik

legspreader
26-01-2004, 11:20
Originally posted by Limitchik
I still contend that the decision to break one's vows has no nationality connection, rather, it is borne of personal values and morals.

How, exactly, do American and Russian women view sex differently, praytell ?

Regards,
Limitchik

Agreed personal values and morals are molded by ones enviroment to a certain extent so nationality does have bearing in terms of ones views of sex and what is normal behavior. most people would probally agree that american has a much more puritanical view towards sex and sexuality than does say europe and for sake of our discussion russia. this can be seen fairly easily just by comparing what is acceptable in terms of media. americans do very little to restrict violent imagery while restricting sexuall imagey europe is the complete opposite. in additon you do not have the feminist movement here that frowns upon womans sexuality and what they see as the "exploitation" of said sexuality. its been my experience that woman here reval in their sexuality that its something to be nutured not surpressed. I could go on but i need to get back to work...

Anastasia
26-01-2004, 18:04
Originally posted by DaveUKagain
Stasy, I don`t think I`ve ever met anyone in a bar. ;-))) Well, not true - I`ve "met up" with them in a bar, but I`ve never gone INTO a bar and met someone- well, no one I`ve ended up dating, that is. You meet people by mutual interests and hobbies, and sure, beer is a pretty good hobby, but, well, for me, anyway, I tend to meet people who share my interests.

Which is always a good start, isn`t it ? ;-)))))) Plus, bar full of semi-drunken people CAN be a place to get to know someone - from a kind of drunken perspective. ;-))))) We all have to sober up, though - so the rumour goes. ;-))))))

It's true, tht it's almst impossible to meet someone ina bar. :) It's kind of hopeless attempt. You see, all my experience with russian man failed and after I spend long time accompaigned by englishman and one of them was my husband, I undesstood that I feel very happy there. But for some reasons I don't have a chance to meet foreigners now, but I'd like to. So like I said it's an attempt:) . Besides, I'm a biologist, I play guitar and pieno, I paint and speak two languages etc, it's not a difficult task for me to find mutual interests. :) It's a trouble to find a person to feel really nedded.
Stasy

Anastasia
26-01-2004, 18:19
Originally posted by earl
You must be kidding -- you're how old and you can't stand to tell someone "I don't think we should see each other anymore?" Weak. I fear for the guy who dates a P/A queen...

-earl-

First of all, what is P/A queen?

You see earl, I never had a chance really to break up with someone. As usualy they were guys (I don't want to upset anyone, but beieve me it's true) as either nasty or complete idiots who are out of society that they don't understand that you are not his girlfriend and they start pestering you. :)
Ones there was a guy 1.50m high thin as a matchstick, 29 years unamployed etc. When I told , I don't like him, he said, it's ok, we'll find out someting to solve the promlem.

So, earl, please don't judge. I'm adult enouth to solve my problems myself. Besides, if meant this, I'm normal woman, who values quiet life loving a man. But not all men need this.

Anastasia
26-01-2004, 18:34
Agreed personal values and morals are molded by ones enviroment to a certain extent so nationality does have bearing in terms of ones views of sex and what is normal behavior. most people would probally agree that american has a much more puritanical view towards sex and sexuality than does say europe and for sake of our discussion russia. this can be seen fairly easily just by comparing what is acceptable in terms of media. americans do very little to restrict violent imagery while restricting sexuall imagey europe is the complete opposite. in additon you do not have the feminist movement here that frowns upon womans sexuality and what they see as the "exploitation" of said sexuality. its been my experience that woman here reval in their sexuality that its something to be nutured not surpressed. I could go on but i need to get back to work...

Hey,
read your statement and decied to answer. there are many ideas about why russian and american women are different, but I think the point is family attitude.
American woman will never mary and have children if she is not complete as a professional with good jod, russians value family as it is, and it doesn't mater what's goint on with career (I say in gerenal because there are always exceptions everywhere).
Besides attitude to sex etc, You know that Hungry Duck progect failed in America and was absolutely successful in Russia (Moscow - needed to be added). Since some time in Moscow sex behaviour became extremely free. I mean I'm not the angel, but what I heared from and of my girlfriends?!:shame: I mean may be it's normal behaviour for man but for woman... I think it's a result of the politics, but it's another totic. By the sertain age young girls are completely exhaust. It's what I think, but of course there always should be other oppinions.

legspreader
26-01-2004, 20:22
you talk about the hungry duck well it they could duplicate it if they wanted to due to legal issues one and two it was started here not in america i know they that did it. well i've quit a few female russian friends that have asked me whats wrong with american girls in terms of sexuality. many girls in the states are taught from a young age that sex is a bad thing.

Anastasia
27-01-2004, 10:19
you talk about the hungry duck well it they could duplicate it if they wanted to due to legal issues one and two it was started here not in america i know they that did it. well i've quit a few female russian friends that have asked me whats wrong with american girls in terms of sexuality. many girls in the states are taught from a young age that sex is a bad thing.

I think it is wrong as well as teenagers are tought here - sex for sex without any thoughts with whom. Besides this absolutely doen't mean that someone will explain how to do that:D :shame: .

But there is one thing I anderstood with my last boyfriend - there is nothing better in the world than sex with a person you really love and that loves you. So, may be it's not so bad to stop young girls making mistakes untill they meet the ONE? And it doesn't mean he will be husband, absolutely doesn't.;)

Stasy

twaj
28-01-2004, 03:16
It's funny; I saw two frumpy looking chics at Mu Mu and automatically knew they were American. One was wearing a hoodie, the other was just ugly. I didn't sit with them. I don't miss amorphous cotton blend pull-overs. (that's 'jumpers' for you Angles and Saxons)

I just think it's funny when my girlfriend says things like "Why don't they show people having sex on American television? Wasn't this show made there?" Or... "Why does your friend always go to tochkas? There are plenty of nice pictures of prostitutes for him to look at on the internet..."

Billie Bob
28-01-2004, 07:17
Simple equation here...

Go out to a bar, naturally, the guys there are also looking for bait.

Sometimes, you can meat normal people at strange places you would never imagine, work, friends work, supermarkets, churches, organizations, clubs, friends party, touristic locations, theatres, name it.

Churches would probably be alot easier, since you are in a holy area, there are a bit less devilish thoughts going on there. If at a supermarket, aka Stockmann's, shop around, on a busy day, listen to the folks walking in, ask for some help, to get this product or that, ...

If you want the bar experience, well then, go out with some other friends, and just search around. But bars are places where people normally look for baits,. Then again, there are some males out there who are lonely, and you can spot them, so...
my two cents.