PDA

View Full Version : Divorce lawyer

wellhello
08-03-2013, 23:29
Hi guys and girls.

Do any of you know or recommend a divorce lawyer or how about going round dealing with it.

Thanks you all :plane:

Potty
08-03-2013, 23:35
http://www.divorceinrussia.com/
Catherine Kalaschnikova

rusmeister
09-03-2013, 00:00
No, I don't recommend it.

Learning that ALL marriages encounter enormous difficulties, and that this is NORMAL, and that married people throughout history have achieved happiness only by learning to surmount these difficulties, that all marriages are "incompatible", and that your spouse is in most cases quite a different thing from your best friend.

When I was at my ten-year crisis, a secular men's group bitch-slapped me around, so to speak, and reminded me that my wife was NOT one of my men friends, and that I shouldn't seek from my wife the kinds of things I got from the other men.

Plus, converting to Orthodox Christianity helped LOADS. Now I have four kids and a happy marriage (over twenty years) with the same woman I first married and nearly divorced.

You asked.

penka
09-03-2013, 00:04
FFS!! Here we go again....

Judge
09-03-2013, 00:36
Rus, i think you know what the OP meant by 'recommend'
let's not turn this thread into another debate about divorce.
If you like you can start a new thread about divorce .

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 00:56
No, I don't recommend it.

Learning that ALL marriages encounter enormous difficulties, and that this is NORMAL, and that married people throughout history have achieved happiness only by learning to surmount these difficulties, that all marriages are "incompatible", and that your spouse is in most cases quite a different thing from your best friend.

Rus.....you don't know this man's circumstances.

He may be an immature pr!ck whose wife is not a 100% match with his ideal fantasy woman. But I doubt that.

He (and, probably, she) will have tried to overcome difficulties in their relationship, made compromises, etc, etc and concluded - after much soul-searching and heartache - that the personal investment has not produced an acceptable return. I doubt that WellHello's decision to divorce has been a casual decision based on whimsy or momentary pique.

wellhello
09-03-2013, 01:26
Rusmeister thanks for the insight to life but the fact is i made a mistake marrying a russian. That is my best knowledge of life = dont marry a russian.

Mickeytong. Well i may or may not be a pr!ck. However Unfortunately my pr!ck cost me having a child. So indeed i guess i am a pr!ck...

Ok guys simple fact is Russia and England do not mix,There is a massive divide in culture and lifestyle and took me 3 years to notice is. So yes again Mickeytong i guess i am a pr!ck

Asides this does anyone have any info on what and how it's best to deal with this. I don't want to be punked by russian lawyers and loose my money.
I do though have a child involved in this affair and it makes it more complicated :idea:

BabyFirefly
09-03-2013, 01:32
Come on, man, let's not stereotype. Let me guess, she's way hot and way younger...

Okay, okay, seriously now. Where are you? Are you in the UK or in Russia? At least for US immigration, all you'd have to do is divorce her and report her (if you suspect fraud) and never deal with her again. I've no idea how this works for the UK. Is there a UK immigration forum you can ask?

wellhello
09-03-2013, 01:39
No she is not way hotter and way younger. We are both in our 20's. I am in the UK and she is now in Russia.
Nice presumption that i am 50 and overweight though :10310:

Unfortunately i can not just forget about her as we have a child together.
If only i could forget.....!

BabyFirefly
09-03-2013, 01:45
No she is not way hotter and way younger. We are both in our 20's. I am in the UK and she is now in Russia.
Nice presumption that i am 50 and overweight though :10310:

Unfortunately i can not just forget about her as we have a child together.
If only i could forget.....!

Sorry :(

I don't know, I'd ask a UK lawyer fist and foremost. Where is the child?

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 01:48
Mickeytong i guess i am a pr!ck

WellHello.......did you miss the part where I wrote "I doubt that"?

wellhello
09-03-2013, 02:01
Child is in Russia sadly.

Mickey i didn't take it to heart regarding the pr!ck humour. I understood what you meant. Just was adding some humour back.

However you could call the wife a pr!ck though.... That would make me feel better. :12115:

wellhello
09-03-2013, 02:03
And finding a Uk based lawyer who knows the russian field seems not so easy.

Hence i end up here

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 02:09
Child is in Russia sadly.

Mickey i didn't take it to heart regarding the pr!ck humour. I understood what you meant. Just was adding some humour back.

However you could call the wife a pr!ck though.... That would make me feel better. :12115:

I'm with you, mate.

I've been divorced myself, with kids involved. 'Twas a transcultural marriage, too.

I can sympathise with anyone who thinks that ex-wives (husbands) should be strangled.

wellhello
09-03-2013, 02:27
Mickey and how was your situation resolved? Did you end up with any rights in regards to your kids?

ezik
09-03-2013, 02:29
You will actually need a reliable Russia-based lawyer who speaks English. In Russia, any judge will be likely to take the side of the mother, so if they see some "mr foreigner" in the court room who can only bring his point across through a translator, you're not likely to win this case. Hire a local, preferably one with international connections, so that for the lawyer some reputation is at stake, too.

Does the child has dual nationality?
Was the marriage registered in both the UK and Russia?

Maybe a divorce is inevitable, but if you do it too quickly, without legal issues being settled beforehand, you're throwing away chances. First make sure what the legal statuses are right now at this moment. Then, assess, with your lawyer, what you want and can get out of it.

And finding a Uk based lawyer who knows the russian field seems not so easy.

Hence i end up here

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 02:38
Mickey and how was your situation resolved? Did you end up with any rights in regards to your kids?

It wasn't resolved, unfortunately. I now have a son (possibly older than you) and a step-daughter who believe I am a callous monster.

Shiny Happy People
09-03-2013, 02:42
Come on, man, let's not stereotype. Let me guess, she's way hot and way younger...

Okay, okay, seriously now. Where are you? Are you in the UK or in Russia? At least for US immigration, all you'd have to do is divorce her and report her (if you suspect fraud) and never deal with her again. I've no idea how this works for the UK. Is there a UK immigration forum you can ask?
That is senseless, irresponsible drivel. You should remember that your avatar proclaims the expression "moderator" and hence is supposed to give some gravitas to your statements. You feel that you can make such nonsensical pronouncements upon someone else's life, and then laugh it away? Shame on you! "I've no idea", to quote you. For once you're correct. You are a disgrace!

wellhello
09-03-2013, 02:53
Here lies the problem child is entitled to dual nationality but being the awkward person i married it has ended up not being done!

Has at the moment only Russian nat.

How can i find a good english tongue russian lawyer? seems not so easy. Any that i come across see a foreigner and assume i will pay through hells roof for his services.

Registered in Rus but took no impediment from Uk. So i guess registered here but not official as been told isn't possible if already married there.

This is the problem because with a child involved it makes my case more complex and time consuming. I did want to rush this through but yet i think of my child and how this will affect them later because be it a poor relationship between parents it still entitles my child to have a good future with dual national. But at current it's a burning wreck.

Take it you don't know anyone right Ezik?

wellhello
09-03-2013, 02:56
Mickey that's my issue because i hope if i walked away from this that one day my child will come looking for me and i am pretty sure will hate one of us if not both.

Yet i believe the mother will deepen only bad and monster into her of if anything tell them i never existed.

So i assume you have no contact or nothing with them?
it's just a breeding ground that you are a monster right who left and walked out and gave nothing and bla bla bla. Talking to brick wall right?

yakspeare
09-03-2013, 02:59
I know a case and the people involved where a brit was married to a russian(and got divorced in the UK) and had dual nationality child and the woman took the child back to russia to "visit family" and never brought him back. the father has spend a small fortune trying to get his child back to the UK and even a UK court order backing him..the russian courts(they are on some third appeal now) refuse to send the child back to the UK. Nor will they enforce access rights.

Potty
09-03-2013, 03:03
I know a case and the people involved where a brit was married to a russian(and got divorced in the UK) and had dual nationality child and the woman took the child back to russia to "visit family" and never brought him back. the father has spend a small fortune trying to get his child back to the UK and even a UK court order backing him..the russian courts(they are on some third appeal now) refuse to send the child back to the UK. Nor will they enforce access rights.

Why is it even an option to take a child from the mother?

wellhello
09-03-2013, 03:03
Yak i deeply regret that i was strayed away from dealing with getting the nationality because of all relationship issues. Now it looks like i will pay for my failure to get that sorted.

Yet i see no way i will get nothing.

Seems russian judges give all to there own citizens.

Even if i could offer a better life.

Saddest part is i don't want to take my child from her mother but i would appreciate the mother growing up and making some resolution with me for the sake of our child.
But that is banging head against wall. :bash:

BabyFirefly
09-03-2013, 03:04
That is senseless, irresponsible drivel. You should remember that your avatar proclaims the expression "moderator" and hence is supposed to give some gravitas to your statements. You feel that you can make such nonsensical pronouncements upon someone else's life, and then laugh it away? Shame on you! "I've no idea", to quote you. For once you're correct. You are a disgrace!

Enjoy your ban!

I'll contact the people I know who are married/were married to Russians. I'm sure at least one of them know an English speaking lawyer in Russia.try

I take it you've talked to the mother about it? If so... well, try again. Hopefully if both of you have a calm conversation when you focus on the child's welfare (no mentioning divorce spats) you can come to some sort of arrangement that could facilitate this all.

wellhello
09-03-2013, 03:07
it's neither here nor there about taking anyone from anyone. It lies at who is most suitable to bring up the child or if at all possible conclude an amicable way where both can live happy.

Mother not father shouldn't have any more rights that either. It should be down to who is suitable to provide better. (if either at all)

wellhello
09-03-2013, 03:10
ahum well no talking to mother is a no go...:bash:

once a divorce is concluded i worry the child has nothing. Because certainly will cause problems seeing each other. Plus probably take away all my rights as we would no longer be married.

yakspeare
09-03-2013, 03:12
Why is it even an option to take a child from the mother?

Why can a mother take a child to another country and deny paternal rights?

Potty
09-03-2013, 03:16
Why can a mother take a child to another country and deny paternal rights?

When you marry to a woman who has her other motherland you should be aware of that it can happen.

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 03:22
... be it a poor relationship between parents it still entitles my child to have a good future with dual national. But at current it's a burning wreck.

Tochno...precisely. There are many people with divorced parents who can't even look at each other without thinking of murder. But if both parents think of the child's welfare they will have no objection to the child having a good relationship with the ex-spouse, and will make no comment about the ex-spouse (especially negative comments), and be happy that their child has two homes where he/she is loved and supported.

I am assuming that your situation is "recent", so your feelings and your ex-wife's feelings are still raw and full of hurt, anger, disappointment and blame - hence the burning wreck. Hopefully, time will change this.

My best wishes to you all.

yakspeare
09-03-2013, 03:45
When you marry to a woman who has her other motherland you should be aware of that it can happen.

um no. and it is a horrible and cruel thing, a thing only a vile and hateful woman would do-to separate the children from their father on a permanent basis. you could easily turn that around and say a woman should anticipate that if she maries a foreigner in a foreign country and has a child that she might not be able to return to Russia with that child in the case of divorce. in fact, under current australian law(not the law i got divorced under) this is indeed the case. Interpol would be contacted as a child kidnapping.

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 03:47
Mickey that's my issue because i hope if i walked away from this that one day my child will come looking for me and i am pretty sure will hate one of us if not both.

Yet i believe the mother will deepen only bad and monster into her of if anything tell them i never existed.

So i assume you have no contact or nothing with them?
it's just a breeding ground that you are a monster right who left and walked out and gave nothing and bla bla bla. Talking to brick wall right?

You have the gist of it. I hope that your ex is not a bitter and twisted narcissist like my ex.

An open internet forum is not a lovey-dovey venue where everyone cares about each other, and I don't want to give ammunition to people here who don't like me. (Although there are many people here who are helpful and supportive.) So I won't go into details about my separation and divorce and the "sense" my son made of that whilst having to live with his mother.

I appreciate that you are missing your child (daughter?) deeply and are fearful that you will never be a positive part of her life. It need not inevitably come to that, and if it does I don't think it will be a fault on your part.

In these situations lawyers are no ficking help at all.

Potty
09-03-2013, 03:54
um no. and it is a horrible and cruel thing, a thing only a vile and hateful woman would do-to separate the children from their father on a permanent basis. you could easily turn that around and say a woman should anticipate that if she maries a foreigner in a foreign country and has a child that she might not be able to return to Russia with that child in the case of divorce. in fact, under current australian law(not the law i got divorced under) this is indeed the case. Interpol would be contacted as a child kidnapping.

I think if a woman has enough resources to stay she will stay. But often after divorce she has place to live and better chances to find job in her motherland . Does Interpol care how she will live in the foreign country being divorced?

wellhello
09-03-2013, 04:00
Mickey Help is help and opinions are opinions. Either way good or bad it helps from everyone and anyone to put together pieces of there experiences and ideas,thoughts etc.

Everything and anything should be appreciated.

Yes it is all recent for us and divorce proceeding have not started yet which is why i am preparing for that to come.

I have nothing specifically against russian woman. But yes i would say i picked a bitter selfish one. However that's my own fault.

I worry more not that i will be deemed a negative part of there life but more that i will never see my child.

Agreed too that it seems finding a lawyer that will be able to deal with English within the russian system is going to be impossible on 2 facts of divorce and child rights.

I feel if i drank vodka every evening and bought a lada and changed my name to boris,perhaps my other half maybe wouldn't be so bitter and twisted? And perhaps the courts there would give me more privileges?

That's just an idea i thought!! :piano:

yakspeare
09-03-2013, 04:03
I think if a woman has enough resources to stay she will stay. But often after divorce she has place to live and better chances to find job in her motherland . Does Interpol care how she will live in the foreign country being divorced?

er what are you talking about? A single mother in most western countries is infinitely better off financially than one in Russia. In Australia a free house(not flat) and 400 dollars a week PLUS child support from the father on top. Free and discounted travel, movie tickets, medicine etc.

Potty
09-03-2013, 04:19
er what are you talking about? A single mother in most western countries is infinitely better off financially than one in Russia. In Australia a free house(not flat) and 400 dollars a week PLUS child support from the father on top. Free and discounted travel, movie tickets, medicine etc.

Mothers don't move away from such life. You think they would say good bye to this haven only out of the hate to their ex? If a mother has to come back there must be a reason.

yakspeare
09-03-2013, 04:23
Mothers don't move away from such life. You think they would say good bye to this haven only out of the hate to their ex? If a mother has to come back there must be a reason.

yes spite and to deny the father access.

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 04:27
Yes it is all recent for us ......... But yes i would say i picked a bitter selfish one. However that's my own fault.

I worry more not that i will be deemed a negative part of there life but more that i will never see my child.

Cut yourself some slack, Hello. It's not your "fault". If you had known she was bitter and selfish you would not have picked her. And how could you have known at the time? We only discover these things over time.... at first we are all blinded by love and hope and the need for love and hope.

Apart from a lawyer, I think you would benefit from some counselling. Get in touch with Relate - they are good at their job (if you get a counsellor you think is crap, you can get a different one).

http://www.relate.org.uk/home/index.html

Potty
09-03-2013, 04:28
yes spite and to deny the father access.

I think you are just focusing on your personal experience.

MickeyTong
09-03-2013, 04:30
Free and discounted travel, movie tickets, medicine etc.

Free movie tickets!?!?! Feck me, but that is the Pink Limit.

yakspeare
09-03-2013, 04:33
I think you are just focusing on your personal experience.

not in the least. i know many people who have been through it. i should also point out that kidnapping of the child by the father and going overseas is a problem also in Australia. once a child has a passport, the permission of the other parent isn't required to leave.

rusmeister
09-03-2013, 06:43
Rus, i think you know what the OP meant by 'recommend'
let's not turn this thread into another debate about divorce.
If you like you can start a new thread about divorce .

Judge, ( and Ezik, etc),
I have no intention to debate. As long as the option to NOT divorce has been put on the table, it is enough. I believe almost ANY marriage can be saved, if the parties are willing to do what it takes. Often one party is not, and there's not much you can do if that party is not you.
Just don't want you folks misreading my intentions.

rusmeister
09-03-2013, 06:49
Rusmeister thanks for the insight to life but the fact is i made a mistake marrying a russian. That is my best knowledge of life = dont marry a russian.

I married a Russian.
I chose to do what it took. It was pretty severe, but I don't regret it.

(Hope I don't have to put up signs saying "I am not debating." I am sharing my experience, an alternative road to divorce.)

jamesallen
09-03-2013, 11:23
Divorce is really costly, specifically if you have to hire a lawyer to look after everything and get you what you deserve. It is well worth the payday loan to pay your lawyer and make sure anything is fair. It is never good when you end up with the bad end of the deal in the divorce. Learn more at: personalmoneynetwork.com about Hiring divorce attorney certainly worth it

MashaSashina
09-03-2013, 12:36
wellhello, if you divorce in Russia you'll pay 25% of your net income as a custody. As I understand there is almost no chance you'll get your child living with you in the UK. And it is presumed that all your rights will stay with you: to see your kid, to participate in bringing up etc.
But all this is about court's solution. As I understand the way it goes in real life very much depends on your ex's vision and behaviour.
Does she really need to move back to Russia? Is the reason just to punish you or she really has no option to stay in the UK?
Could you discuss what you both expect from your divorce and what is better for your child?
Of course you should gather all available information about how it can go, but better to reach the real agreement and to go to court with a kind of suggested solution already.

penka
09-03-2013, 13:55
1. Get a grip, wellhello! You are not the first person to divorce and not the last one. It is a stressful shit and you need your brain operative and head cool.

2. Getting a lawyer is a good idea. To advice on the custody and things around.
As a rule of the thumb, unless you are fabulously rich with connections, mother will get the custody of the child, even if the joint custody, wherein you are allowed to spend time with your kid is sort of understood.

3. Really try to reason in a mature way with your soon-to-be-ex-wife. Even if she is a bitter b***ch and wishes you nothing good, she does care about the child, doesn't she?

wellhello
09-03-2013, 19:09

I see you must be from Russia.

Heaven - great word which sums up the majority of what russian woman assume lies outside russia. This however maybe true compared to the west etc

But when the 'heaven' they believe in does not exist due to there own ability at not being able to adapt to western culture and living then the imaginary term - 'Heaven' is out the door for them and they realise there dependent life in russia is better for them.

Believing grass is greener on the other side is very naive

wellhello
09-03-2013, 19:14
I married a Russian.
I chose to do what it took. It was pretty severe, but I don't regret it.

(Hope I don't have to put up signs saying "I am not debating." I am sharing my experience, an alternative road to divorce.)

I am sure your partner said the same right? After she went through what she called hell , but ends up with you in a nice home in a nice country and a nice new life?

I am sure behind your back the finger goes up or incorrect?

Experiences are appreciated. However Rus i knew what i was getting myself into before hand and was told at all accounts avoid russian women. Just took my mistake to realise what the majority of other people said was correct.

There are two type of divorce counts i would point at and one is the people who benefit from marriage for better life and the one's who are in the same situation and benefit nothing but broken hearts

wellhello
09-03-2013, 19:18
Penka - Does she care about the child. I am 100% sure she loves our child. But i know 100% the decisions she is making are not beneficial for our child.
so do i believe she cares about the child. Yes and No.
Seeing is believing and at current i don't see she cares enough to involve me in nothing

rusmeister
09-03-2013, 20:13
I am sure your partner said the same right? After she went through what she called hell , but ends up with you in a nice home in a nice country and a nice new life?

I am sure behind your back the finger goes up or incorrect?

Experiences are appreciated. However Rus i knew what i was getting myself into before hand and was told at all accounts avoid russian women. Just took my mistake to realise what the majority of other people said was correct.

There are two type of divorce counts i would point at and one is the people who benefit from marriage for better life and the one's who are in the same situation and benefit nothing but broken hearts

Hey, WH,
(Since you're asking me - I have a feeling some people would practically [I]encourage divorce and the death of a family, and hate anyone who meekly asks if there is any possibility of saving it...)

I'm not making any personal judgements, I'm only speaking in general I said MOST (not ALL) marriages can be saved, if at least one spouse is willing to do whatever it takes and the other spouse is at least willing to go along - "try" to work with it.
You might really be in the minority of cases where there is really nothing you - or anyone could do.

The child is definitely a loser in divorce - in a saved marriage the child wins.

Russians aren't an inferior kind of people with worse women - or men. They are simply people, who also want things, and like most of us, enter marriage with wrong expectations and understandings of what marriage IS. That's the main reason why we come to quarrel and fight - we don't really understand what we are doing when we divorce because we didn't know what we were doing when we got married in the first place.

To answer your questions about me, it's really the opposite of what you imagine. She went through hell in America, and ends up with me in a nice home in a nice country and a nice new life... in her home town in Russia. I'M the one who had to make the most drastic accommodations; I'm the one who tore down my life in America to save the marriage. So I don't say that any of these things are easy. Nothing is "simple", not even saving your marriage.

There are many things I could say if you wanted to talk, but if you're totally set and determined to divorce, then I don't have much else to say.

If a women were considering aborting her baby, I would ask, in the same vein, whether she had considered the possibility of alternatives to abortion. I am really convinced there ARE alternatives to these things, and have put my money where my mouth is, and paid the price to be able to say what I say.

Anyway, wishing you (and your son, and even wife) all the best...

penka
09-03-2013, 20:25
Penka - Does she care about the child. I am 100% sure she loves our child. But i know 100% the decisions she is making are not beneficial for our child.
so do i believe she cares about the child. Yes and No.
Seeing is believing and at current i don't see she cares enough to involve me in nothing

Then try to reason and perhaps to give in if required. You need a compromise and there is a compromise to everything.

Get the lawyer and keep your head cool!

The state is not going to see to your interests, hence negotiation is your best friend.

And believe me, I do appreciate the stressfulness of your predicament.

Now, any specific reason, your wife is heading back to Russia? no job? no friends? and you were the one who were supporting her? and she didn't get the resident/ job permit? you own any property in UK? she owns anything in Russia? she's not a muscovite, right?

wellhello
10-03-2013, 02:46
Rusmeister go ahead without the verbal speal explain how you dealt with your circumstances.

I agree it only takes one to put in the hard work to keep a relationship but without the presence fron the other it remains a dead end.
Plus there is only so much a person can persist before giving up is but only the option.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 02:52
Then try to reason and perhaps to give in if required. You need a compromise and there is a compromise to everything.

Only sane mature people can compromise. Unfortunately i have such the case.

Get the lawyer and keep your head cool! 'show me the money' - ok rather show me the lawyer. :beerbros:

Now, any specific reason, your wife is heading back to Russia? no job? no friends? and you were the one who were supporting her? and she didn't get the resident/ job permit? you own any property in UK? she owns anything in Russia? she's not a muscovite, right?
Cultural differences, relationship differences,personal differences. Unable to adapt. Stubborn,complained of everything here :voodoo:
I could add more reasons.
Yes i supported.
She won't be able to touch nothing of mine be it property or money within divorce in any case - Prenup was done beforehand.

In regards to muscovite well how would you personally determine if was such a person?

BabyFirefly
10-03-2013, 02:56
Cultural differences can be overcome, but frankly, personal and relationship differences are the type of thing one should find out before getting married.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 03:05
Cultural differences can be overcome, but frankly, personal and relationship differences are the type of thing one should find out before getting married.

Disagree. Personal and relationship differences rarely remain the same. And i would say with cross border relationships/marriages they will change due to either one sacrificing there own country for the relationship/marriage.
People grow,relationships change. So do people.
Some times this so called "heaven'' word mentioned is only seen within russia.
Take such women out russia and you see a whole different person.
Bye bye to the person you thought they were.

But yes i knew what i was kind of getting myself into as i am not so stupid but unfortunately some people are not as they seem.

BabyFirefly
10-03-2013, 03:29
Well, I don't know the circumstances of your situation, but moving abroad is really hell for some people. I personally had some months in Russia in which I was nearly insane between bouts of crazed anger and depression. It can really mess with you for a while, especially if your expectations about said country were really different than the actual reality.

Alan65
10-03-2013, 03:36
Disagree. Personal and relationship differences rarely remain the same. And i would say with cross border relationships/marriages they will change due to either one sacrificing there own country for the relationship/marriage.
People grow,relationships change. So do people.
Some times this so called "heaven'' word mentioned is only seen within russia.
Take such women out russia and you see a whole different person.
Bye bye to the person you thought they were.

But yes i knew what i was kind of getting myself into as i am not so stupid but unfortunately some people are not as they seem.

Where did the marriage take place, was it Russia or the UK.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 03:40
Well, I don't know the circumstances of your situation, but moving abroad is really hell for some people. I personally had some months in Russia in which I was nearly insane between bouts of crazed anger and depression. It can really mess with you for a while, especially if your expectations about said country were really different than the actual reality.

Moving out of russia to the UK is far from hell. Indeed i will not disagree living in Russia can make a person go insane. Even if they can speak russian.

Reality is what you make it. I could live in the desert if needed. It's rather more about the people.

And may i ask how long you have spent in Russia?

wellhello
10-03-2013, 03:41
Where did the marriage take place, was it Russia or the UK.

We was all set to marry in the UK.

But ended up doing it in Russia due to pregnancy.

Where do you intend to do it?

Alan65
10-03-2013, 03:55
We was all set to marry in the UK.

But ended up doing it in Russia due to pregnancy.

Where do you intend to do it?

Probably the UK for the legal part but then have receptions in both Russia and the UK.

I hope all works out well for all of you, even though I speak Russian reasonably well I would never like to live there, whilst Moscow and St Petes are ok cities, they are certainly not London or Paris.

Some of the fears I have are integration, seperation from family for Inna but at least in London there are a few 100k Russians, also Inna is an artist and the area I live in is very arts, music based.

It must be hard for someone to move to another country and deal with the seperation issues, starting a new life etc.

Whilst I may be able to deal with Moscow or St Petes, I dont think I could put up with any other place in Russia for too long.

BabyFirefly
10-03-2013, 04:07
Moving out of russia to the UK is far from hell. Indeed i will not disagree living in Russia can make a person go insane. Even if they can speak russian.

Reality is what you make it. I could live in the desert if needed. It's rather more about the people.

And may i ask how long you have spent in Russia?

It doesn't matter if she'd be moving from Lagos to Sydney, but between losing contact with those you love, changes in language, every day small changes, etc, it adds up and can really make it hard. I spend a lot of time trying to help people who move from third world countries to the US; for most, yeah, it's better, but for some it's hard, for some it's downright horrible, especially if their partner thinks "Well the US is better why is she complaining?!".

But hey maybe she's really just a bad person. Or maybe you're incompatible. Either way I wish you good luck and hopefully you can make some sort of agreement on all this.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 04:19
Alan don't get me wrong i got nothing against you or wish bad for you. I just offer you caution and be careful with taking on such a situation.

There is misconception if to marry there or here but i disagree on both as i don't believe either is more beneficial than the other.
But i would say if you intended to get married in the UK it's going to make a lot of her russian family feel disrespected that your taking her away from them for a special occasion.
Your probably better off getting married there.
It's far easier for friends and family to get into Russia then it is for them to get into the UK.

I can't tolerate Moscow nor other cities there.
But there may well come a point when you got no choice but to move there.

Integration is the issue, well was for our situation anyway.
Remember British people are fed up of foreigners. Be it wealthy or benefit chasers.
They look at you the same as polish,albanian,romanian and bulgarian - You know the gist.
And you hit the nail on the head too! - Separation is a major problem. Russian woman are extremely dependent on there family and friends.
Statistically i know that's why a lot of russian cross border marriages fail due to dependency.

My other half adapted fast but her general common sense and knowledge is where the failure was. This takes time and patience. Not every woman is able to hold out there patience to find friends to deal with the situations here.

May be 100k odd here already but like within russia there are divides from poor to wealthy.

Most already living here are only but the wealthy nature and don't associate themselves in the lower class circles.

I can't remember how old you said her daughter was but trust me she will struggle the child here.
It is major cultural overhaul. You are probably looking at home schooling if ever was to get the child into the UK to actually stay permanent. Which isn't exactly fair on the child to be home schooled.

Had you not thought to just live in Russia till the child is 16 - 18?

I don't know your circumstances but unless you got a shite load of money for education privately then that will cause problems for the child.
Unless she already is fluent in english now?

wellhello
10-03-2013, 04:28
It doesn't matter if she'd be moving from Lagos to Sydney, but between losing contact with those you love, changes in language, every day small changes, etc, it adds up and can really make it hard. I spend a lot of time trying to help people who move from third world countries to the US; for most, yeah, it's better, but for some it's hard, for some it's downright horrible, especially if their partner thinks "Well the US is better why is she complaining?!".

But hey maybe she's really just a bad person. Or maybe you're incompatible. Either way I wish you good luck and hopefully you can make some sort of agreement on all this.

She is fluent in english.
Well there lies what people do not think of - 'Changes' exactly changes are what people think are easy yet even the most confident of a person can get caught out when they believe they are strong and can adapt to different situations. It's not till they are in the situation till it goes pear shape.
I thought of this but seems my other half didn't.

She's not good and she's not bad.
Hey well least as i know she hasn't yet killed anyone :devil:
if we had a term for middle ground i guess she is there.

An agreement is much appreciated and i do hope we can come to that :uk:

However i still need a lawyer :rolleyes:

Alan65
10-03-2013, 04:42
Wellhello

Most of what you talk about are the issues that we have discussed, i will put them into the category of a support network, that is what we are building before the final plunge, by the final plunge I do not mean marriage but moving here.

I am in Russia every few weeks, Inna comes here every few weeks, we both own our own properties, when it comes to Toma, the daughter who is 7, the intent is to leave her in school in Russia with her mother, Toma is just learning to read and write in Russian so we do not see the point of disrupting that and when the move comes it will be at the beginning of summer holidays to allow a few months to acclimatise.

My local pub is full of teachers from Goldsmiths and Askes, some of them are Russian or can speak Russian, my neighbour is a teacher, the list goes on, I actually think this pub has more nationalities in it than the UN.

As for the amount of Russians in London, It is not just the Russians who can speak the language but the Latvians, Polish, Bulgarians etc, 3 other people in my dept. speak Russian.

I live in a part of London where people generally dont bat an eylid from where people are from but I think that they will have to adjust to this multi racial place that I live in and that could be hard for them.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 05:09
Alan.

Sure i don't mean so deep as fascism/racism or that calibre etc. As neither do i live in such a place where you would think people bat an eyelid.

However they may not bat an eyelid while it is just backwards and forwards for small trips. But when it comes down to living here permanent and she has to deal with situation's and people hear her accent then it can become an other story. And can become oh here is another immigrant.

If you live in a large area then great i would guess because become a small fish in a large bowl and nobody will care nor notice.
But in many parts of the UK and i don't mean even bad parts,people are fed up of what they call 'them lot' from eastern europe.

Remember too this is England not like you said the UN and if here people should ideally live as we do and be part of our culture. It is too easy to assume of there are loads of russians here along with polish,bulgarians,latvians and so on because no matter how many there are the most important thing is they know english, they work, they dont take government money. And they respect the country. Many fail to do so.

London is far harder as like you said it's multi cultural/racial and most russians never seen a black person even.
I wouldn't like to tell you the story how my misses thought it was ok to call a black person when out here the N word. Was pretty shameful

A young child who only now even learns russian in school will be bullied to death here by kids unless goes to a private international school and can learn english fast.
I do find it a little odd though because when are you assuming to do a move with the child? this summer if it was pulled off right?
I am a little curious sorry, but if she spends so often in the UK i assume she knows english fluent? But why is her child not being taught it?
I wouldn't even bring a child here until knew english.

Uncle Pasha
10-03-2013, 07:47
My two pennies:

(a) Alla, the one who divorced me, easy and painless. But her specialization is environmental law. I think I was her first divorce case but that was years ago. I was required to appear before the judge only once, and she conducted most of less than totally pleasant negotiations with the other side. Understands written English well. See her in my collection of talents >> (http://moscowdrivers.net/blog/environmental-lawyer/)

(b) The one who is now handling my adoption case. Her specialization is exactly that: family law, including dirty difficult divorces. Good recommendations. Admirable performance so far. I also saw her up close handling a divorce case **without** the presence of one of the parties, and then depriving father of his parental rights without the presence of **any** of the people involved. I don't know anything about her English and her experience with international marriages.

(c) Should you crack up and axe-murder your ex I can recommend a lawyer with specialization in cases that involved chopped bodies. See Nargis>> (http://moscowdrivers.net/blog/criminal-lawyer/)

Contact me if you want to know more about any of the above.

I wish you an easy and painless divorce.

yakspeare
10-03-2013, 08:44
Actually Alan, for me, I could probably handle Saint Pete's but would find Moscow a soul destroying experience long term. Large Russian cities of around 1 million people have some of the best Russia has to offer. I have lived in Volgograd and Krasnodar and certainly prefer them to Moscow. As do a lot of people of Moscow-judging by the sher amount of construction and people moving there. Krasnodar, for example, is 45 mins to the sanitoriums and health spas of gorouchiy klych, 90 mins to the mountains for skiing(trekking and horse riding in the summer) and about 2 hours ,on average, to the black sea. The climate is infinitely better than Moscow, being in the south. The air is better.

I have also stayed in the smaller Yoshkar-ola, Kirov and also Kazan. Again, I would choose these experiences over Moscow. And a great deal of Russians would agree with me. Just not the Moscow regulars on this forum :P

Russia is vast and there are cities for a variety of tastes.

Alan65
10-03-2013, 14:09
Alan.

If you live in a large area then great i would guess because become a small fish in a large bowl and nobody will care nor notice.
But in many parts of the UK and i don't mean even bad parts,people are fed up of what they call 'them lot' from eastern europe.

London is far harder as like you said it's multi cultural/racial and most russians never seen a black person even.
I wouldn't like to tell you the story how my misses thought it was ok to call a black person when out here the N word. Was pretty shameful

The borough i live in has circa 350,000 people and is in Zone 2, if you got worried about were people were from I think you would end up an axe murderer.

The missus as far as I am concerned, speaks English fluently, I am sure a few English teachers would disagree, the child can speak English when she wants.

You are bang on the money with the issue of most Russian only ever having seen a token black person, it was absolute cultural overload for them the first time they came here, basically they were like rabbits caught in a cars headlights, not just with the diversity but way people behaved, dressed and the overall attitudes....the first time she met one of my mates who is a dread ...well that was something else, she asked what language he was speaking and did not believe me when i said it was English )))

MickeyTong
10-03-2013, 16:01
...I have a feeling some people would practically encourage divorce and the death of a family, and hate anyone who meekly asks if there is any possibility of saving it...)

I'm not making any personal judgements, I'm only speaking in general I said MOST (not ALL) marriages can be saved, if at least one spouse is willing to do whatever it takes and the other spouse is at least willing to go along - "try" to work with it.
You might really be in the minority of cases where there is really nothing you - or anyone could do.

The child is definitely a loser in divorce - in a saved marriage the child wins.

Rus....how do you get the idea that people (generally, and particularly secularists) encourage divorce and the death of the family? There is a whole bunch of Family Therapists, social workers and Child/Adolescent mental health workers (well educated and trained in all the issues involved) who make strenuous efforts to help families cope with/rise above seriously dysfunctional interpersonal dynamics. They never get any medals, but if the sh!t hits the fan they will be vilified. They frequently work in an environment where one person is willing to do whatever is necessary and the other(s) are not so committed.

The child of divorced parents is not necessarily a loser.

MickeyTong
10-03-2013, 16:09
To answer your questions about me, it's really the opposite of what you imagine. She went through hell in America, and ends up with me in a nice home in a nice country and a nice new life... in her home town in Russia. I'M the one who had to make the most drastic accommodations; I'm the one who tore down my life in America to save the marriage. So I don't say that any of these things are easy. Nothing is "simple", not even saving your marriage.

Is this not the Christian concept of leadership, Rus? The leader sacrifices his own (perceived) interests and satisfactions for the benefit of those he loves? (And this produces satisfactions he could not previously imagine...)

penka
10-03-2013, 16:24
- If you are coming from very different social backgrounds, you are more likely to fail in your partnership
- If you are coming from very different cultural backgrounds and one of the parties had a sheltered life or is not-well-travelled, your partnership is more likely to fail
- Russians are more likely to be dependable upon their families
- Russians love to talk about the undying love and the special depths of their souls but will keep an eye on your finances, just like any other nationality
- Russians do not normally leave you at once when you find yourself in deep shit
- If your are marrying/ in the partnership across the boards, it's the one's nationality one is most likely to blame if everything goes to hell
- Your wife is not always the one who is the greedy b*tch, seeking to flaw you upon the divorce
- It is normally hard to find yourself in a foreign country, with no friends, job, family, associates, social knowledge, etc. You are heavily relying upon your other half. And your personal social skills, willingness to adapt, etc are the key.

Just some observations.

Having said all that: there is an exception to every rule.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 16:39
Penka you left out.

Russians think they are the ultimate species.
That they show the most care - Kindest people etc etc.
That they are the most helpful people.
They can't accept things are done different then how they do them - Which they can't accept

To just name a few......

I am curious as to where from your observation comes from?

I agree middle class and below are extremely dependable on the family. Though you will argue it's same across the world but i disagree compared to russia.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 16:42
(c) Should you crack up and axe-murder your ex I can recommend a lawyer with specialization in cases that involved chopped bodies. See Nargis>> (http://moscowdrivers.net/blog/criminal-lawyer/)

The above what do i get for my money? 5000 Rubles and a decapitated body?

Potty
10-03-2013, 19:05
at current i don't see she cares enough to involve me in nothing

I really start to understand her.

penka
10-03-2013, 19:59
Penka you left out.

Russians think they are the ultimate species.
That they show the most care - Kindest people etc etc.
That they are the most helpful people.
They can't accept things are done different then how they do them - Which they can't accept

To just name a few......

I am curious as to where from your observation comes from?

I agree middle class and below are extremely dependable on the family. Though you will argue it's same across the world but i disagree compared to russia.

Well, an average Russian off the street will wear you to death with their unwelcome kindness and even more unwelcome reminding of it.

BUT:

An average Brit off the East end or Frimley or Reading, an average Swede of Hanninge or Vallentuna would bore me no less. In a different way, surely. P'raps they would pretend to more tolerance:-)

YET:

No need to generalise. It is not very helpful:-)

My observations do come from life.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 20:00
I really start to understand her.

You were obviously adopted by fellow russians i see.

The loo is the 3rd exit on the right.
Down the end of the hall on the left. Cheers

wellhello
10-03-2013, 20:06
[QUOTE=penka;1136867]Well, an average Russian off the street will wear you to death with their unwelcome kindness and even more unwelcome reminding of it.

BUT:

An average Brit off the East end or Frimley or Reading,

I do believe an average East ender has more common sense though. And all be it probably a bad attitude it still strikes me far less than that or russia.

Although is Reading that bad?
I am not sure i could categorise it to the same relevance as russia. Unless reading had just drastically changed

I have lived in 4 different places permanent,Travelled to 18 different countries. Hence where i base my own opinions

Potty
10-03-2013, 20:15
Kind of a public forum. You asked for contacts of a lawyer, you were given at least 2 of them. But obviously it is not enough and you also need to ease your aggression to your wife and to put down Russians and Russia. Yeah, blame the world for your unhappy marriage.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 20:20
Kind of a public forum. You asked for contacts of a lawyer, you were given at least 2 of them. But obviously it is not enough and you also need to ease your aggression to your wife and to put down Russians and Russia. Yeah, blame the world for your unhappy marriage.

Public forums equates to public opinions.
Your obviously russian and are easily offended.
I was not given at least 2 of them. I didn't even bother to look at yours.
If i ask for a lawyer it means i want one that someone vouches for.
Blame the world? Russia doesn't equate to the world. it's specifically one place.

I have the direction for your potty so why you still complaining?

3rd door on the left.

If you can't debate or take the hate then .... you know the next word. :9456:

Potty
10-03-2013, 20:32
Public forums equates to public opinions.
Your obviously russian and are easily offended.

Exactly.
Oh no, it is not me in the situation where I can lose my child.
As a mother I can say that you are a real threat to your wife living together with her child. You talks like Better provider" and "I could give better life" say about it. And it is great that she was smart enough to take him to Russia before the divorce. She is not beneficial to her child? Ha ha. She is just a mom. Do you know what is not beneficial for a child? To hate and have zero respect to his mother just because she was not happy with you and chose to live without you. If i met your wife right now I would tell her "run, run away from this man as far as possible". And for you I hope you will find another chick soon and after spending months of complaining to her about your bitchy ex (that is what men usually do) you will finally live your life.

Potty
10-03-2013, 20:44
You don't need a lawyer, you need someone to teach you to treat people nicely. Especially those who are members of your family.

wellhello
10-03-2013, 20:44
Exactly.
Oh no, it is not me in the situation where I can lose my child.
As a mother I can say that you are a real threat to your wife living together with her child. You talks like Better provider" and "I could give better life" say about it. And it is great that she was smart enough to take him to Russia before the divorce. She is not beneficial to her child? Ha ha. She is just a mom. Do you know what is not beneficial for a child? To hate and have zero respect to his mother just because she was not happy with you and chose to live without you. If i met your wife right now I would tell her "run, run away from this man as far as possible". And for you I hope you will find another chick soon and after spending months of complaining to her about your bitchy ex (that is what men usually do) you will finally live your life.

How do you know she left by self pretence? exactly you assume. Typical russian with naive thoughts.

Who said i want take my child away from it's mother? Again typical russian woman with own self belief.

How do you know what and what not i do or don't have in russia? - exactly you don't because you think alike.

Truth is i do offer a better life for the child.
But you think like a russian mother with your kids.

Where have you been to in the world and what have you experienced? - this interestes me.

How do you know i want a divorce because she was not happy with me? - Again a forward thinking russian mother.

I see you have been burnt and have lived your life around the common muck that russian women call there own men.

You should not categorise what outside people think of you guys.
You have the same mentality as i expected

wellhello
10-03-2013, 20:49
Due to another persons lack of ability to adjust to the world that makes me a threat?

Trust me my threat level is below par compared to the 80% of russian men.

wow great Generalization you have.

I see something has gotten under your t!ts,Which part has hit a bad nerve on you

Potty
10-03-2013, 21:06
Truth is i do offer a better life for the child.

To make him neurasthenic?

penka
10-03-2013, 21:10
Due to another persons lack of ability to adjust to the world that makes me a threat?

Trust me my threat level is below par compared to the 80% of russian men.

wow great Generalization you have.

I see something has gotten under your t!ts,Which part has hit a bad nerve on you

Well, can you please behave FFS? As a man?

Now - Reading is a white collar area. So is Frimley the Grimley. I was merely a visitor, residing at Fulham. And I found the areas laborious and pretentious. (Sorry for the Am spelling, it's my mac's settings, haha).

East end, Tottenham - crappily crap, I am sorry. Surely, wonderful people there too. And reasonable. Not overwhelming you with their neediness or righteousness.

Still, you picked the girl, lad. You married her. Well, unless her old man held you at his AK 47 point. Dunno.
DEAL with it and do not offend the whole nation for your personal grievances - SO not manly!

Alan65
10-03-2013, 21:11
My two pennies:

(a) Alla, the one who divorced me, easy and painless. But her specialization is environmental law. I think I was her first divorce case but that was years ago. I was required to appear before the judge only once, and she conducted most of less than totally pleasant negotiations with the other side. Understands written English well. See her in my collection of talents >> (http://moscowdrivers.net/blog/environmental-lawyer/)

(b) The one who is now handling my adoption case. Her specialization is exactly that: family law, including dirty difficult divorces. Good recommendations. Admirable performance so far. I also saw her up close handling a divorce case **without** the presence of one of the parties, and then depriving father of his parental rights without the presence of **any** of the people involved. I don't know anything about her English and her experience with international marriages.

Contact me if you want to know more about any of the above.

I wish you an easy and painless divorce.

UP, I would be interested in teh contact detail you mention in scenerio B, I will be in Moscow between 29th March - 1st April and an intr/kick off meeting would be nice.

Thanks

wellhello
10-03-2013, 21:11
To make him neurasthenic?

neurasthenic? - What

Potty cut aside the back and forth nonsense.
Your a mother right with how many kids?

Im not in a delusional ball because i got burnt by a russian woman. I have been doing business in russia for the last 8 years. I don't use only myself to generalise this situation.

Seen it dont it got the candy floss and enjoyed the ride. I'm no newbie to russia and civilisation

wellhello
10-03-2013, 21:20
penka the nation offend themselves.

Nobody does it for them.

Still haven't understood why they aren'y part of the EU?

So you were just a visitor but it's ok for you to categorise a town/city? Rather patronising from someone who says don't offend a nation.

I guess i just visited there then and i have a vendetta.....

Sadly i even can't pull out of business there neither.

Perhaps i was held by an AK or maybe a few.

Alan65
10-03-2013, 21:30
Well, can you please behave FFS? As a man?

Now - Reading is a white collar area. So is Frimley the Grimley. I was merely a visitor, residing at Fulham. And I found the areas laborious and pretentious. (Sorry for the Am spelling, it's my mac's settings, haha).

East end, Tottenham - crappily crap, I am sorry. Surely, wonderful people there too. And reasonable. Not overwhelming you with their neediness or righteousness.

Still, you picked the girl, lad. You married her. Well, unless her old man held you at his AK 47 point. Dunno.
DEAL with it and do not offend the whole nation for your personal grievances - SO not manly!

You hardly mention the best places....Tottenham, perhaps London just overwhelmed you, you would'nt be the first or the last.

yakspeare
10-03-2013, 21:35
penka the nation offend themselves.

Nobody does it for them.

Still haven't understood why they aren'y part of the EU?

So you were just a visitor but it's ok for you to categorise a town/city? Rather patronising from someone who says don't offend a nation.

I guess i just visited there then and i have a vendetta.....

Sadly i even can't pull out of business there neither.

Perhaps i was held by an AK or maybe a few.

sorry but stop your b!tching about Russia. many of us have complaints but only because we love Russia and its people and want things to be the best. You on the other hand have just slagged a nation and all its people. not going to find many friends here on an expat forum devoted to Russia. Your hate and aggression is certainly very disturbing.

penka
10-03-2013, 21:37
You hardly mention the best places....Tottenham, perhaps London just overwhelmed you, you would'nt be the first or the last.

:-) My eldest stepson lived there when a student. It was, indeed an overwhelming place:-))

London in general is a lovely place, never as boring as Lausanne:-))

wellhello
10-03-2013, 21:48
sorry but stop your b!tching about Russia. many of us have complaints but only because we love Russia and its people and want things to be the best. You on the other hand have just slagged a nation and all its people. not going to find many friends here on an expat forum devoted to Russia. Your hate and aggression is certainly very disturbing.

Am i looking for friends?

Indeed you have compliments because it's where you search for your women.
Surely you won't say bad upon it would you?
I have no hate nor agression but it seems to bother a lot of you.

A- bothers you because you search your women there or B because you are russian.

Either way if it's true why read what i write?

Surely if i am the stupid one then what you standing up for. :gay:

You have to laugh

Alan65
10-03-2013, 21:55

Perhaps he just wants to find a divorce lawyer, not friends.

penka
10-03-2013, 23:21
Perhaps, he's just feeling sorry for himself...
Oh dear...

wellhello
11-03-2013, 02:56
Who's next in your band of brothers.... Potty...Penka ..... wait for it.... Andddd 'popka' .....Ta Da

You could create your girl band with that.

Potty popka and penka

rusmeister
11-03-2013, 07:05
Perhaps he just wants to find a divorce lawyer, not friends.

I would just as soon help someone find an abortionist.
I 've come to the strange-sounding conclusion that divorce is a superstition, and a destructive one at that. It certainly destroys a family,. Destroy enough families, and you will destroy the society.

Marriage is an act that builds civilization. Divorce is an act that wrecks it.

penka
11-03-2013, 10:28
Who's next in your band of brothers.... Potty...Penka ..... wait for it.... Andddd 'popka' .....Ta Da

You could create your girl band with that.

Potty popka and penka

You know what, you posted a question on a public forum. People were trying to be sympathetic and come up with advise. Potty actually gave you the divorce attorney's phone number.

And you are behaving like spoilt yob, looking for trouble. With your attitude towards the others, trouble is what you will get.

PISS OFF, LUV!

wellhello
11-03-2013, 17:44
Penka come on luv.

4 days over 70 replies nearly 1000 views?

Beat that!

First of all don't get yourself in a tizzy because your buddy potty didn't get no appreciation for her Lawyer link.

And second to that.

What good information did most of you provide?

If it was true what you said then why do you all seem to care who knows more or who knows best. Seems more about 'Ego's to me!

Babyfirefly sending private messages about Detective agency and commercial lawyers.

Neither if somebody wanted a lawyer from russia would they need in all honesty to come here to find one! Have you heard of the internet? If not perhaps you have maybe understood that if it was correct i was needing a divorce and married a russian then wouldn't i have the ability to find one myself in Russia???

Look you all got a post and all got your things to say but you argue between yourself's more than offer advice.

Most sensible out of you all was Mickeytong. I guess you all should be thankful his words WOULD be appreciative to someone in need of a divorce lawyer or help.

Enough Said.

Enjoy your EGO'S :focus:

penka
11-03-2013, 18:38
Penka come on luv.

4 days over 70 replies nearly 1000 views?

Beat that!

First of all don't get yourself in a tizzy because your buddy potty didn't get no appreciation for her Lawyer link.

And second to that.

What good information did most of you provide?

If it was true what you said then why do you all seem to care who knows more or who knows best. Seems more about 'Ego's to me!

Babyfirefly sending private messages about Detective agency and commercial lawyers.

Neither if somebody wanted a lawyer from russia would they need in all honesty to come here to find one! Have you heard of the internet? If not perhaps you have maybe understood that if it was correct i was needing a divorce and married a russian then wouldn't i have the ability to find one myself in Russia???

Look you all got a post and all got your things to say but you argue between yourself's more than offer advice.

Most sensible out of you all was Mickeytong. I guess you all should be thankful his words WOULD be appreciative to someone in need of a divorce lawyer or help.

Enough Said.

Enjoy your EGO'S :focus:

You got erectal problems??
Are you a Russian?
A teen?
You seem to be in bad need of ego boost, dear:-))

ezik
11-03-2013, 20:46
Hey, hey, hey!!!

Cool it down a bit, people.

Either back to the original discussion or it may be best to close this thread.

penka
11-03-2013, 23:09
Hey, hey, hey!!!

Cool it down a bit, people.

Either back to the original discussion or it may be best to close this thread.

I sincerely believe, you should, ezik. Offensive comments re anybody's gender or nationality are illegal under any legislation. Offensive comments about a nation in general is a criminal offence, I recon. Am I mistaken, by chance?

ezik
11-03-2013, 23:20
I think tolerance leads the way all the time, Penka.

Trust me, if anyone would take the trouble to read through all offensive comments, it would be a breeze to qualify lots of stuff on this forum as a "criminal offense". And I'm, to be honest, a bit disappointed that you take this angle.

Should we now cut off any discussion if it becomes a bit "risky"? Do we want to become a self-censoring platform?

This forum is about Russia and it will have offensive comments at some moments.

The only right thing to do, at that point, is moderate and close a thread if needed. And I think in this case, we're at that point. So I will close the thread.

But to start using words like criminal offense about a discussion that got slightly out of hand is one bridge too far for me.

Anyway, thread closed.

I sincerely believe, you should, ezik. Offensive comments re anybody's gender or nationality are illegal under any legislation. Offensive comments about a nation in general is a criminal offence, I recon. Am I mistaken, by chance?