PDA

View Full Version : FBI crim history Tel Number

GMC
20-11-2007, 00:28
Here is the Criminal Justice Iunformation Services Division Liason office number in West Virginia. ( we are 8 hours ahead here in moscow )
1 304 625 5590.

The Police Certificate is designed for use in over seas and sensuitive jobs etc. This must be apostilled by the secretary of state for the residency visa
(As I understand it ).

It must be applied for by mail or delivered by carrier UPS etc, and takes between 6 to 8 weeks the cost is $18.00

I just spoke with them and explained the situation for us here in moscow. The woman suggested that the situation should be written as to the reason for expidited service. I asked if they would accept anything from the U.S. Embassy and she was'nt sure, but as this is a new situation, she would try to make the managers aware of it and the special needs involved.

Also you will see they have a downloadable fingerprint card, cover letter for request, and a credit card document to confirm payment.

"ADD the w w w" fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm

This page has the downloads.

ALso you may find that the DEPARTMENT of STATE for florida offers the criminal check $29.00 the sec of stae apostile$10.00

GMC

russiabear
26-11-2007, 20:47
Thank you for this info it was very helpful.. Only problem is I just called the Florida Department of State and was told they DO NOT handle criminal background checks ?? She said they only could supply the background check with an official apostille. Do you have the contact #/info where you were able to obtain this through the FL Department of State??

GMC
26-11-2007, 21:41
YES LET ME FIND IT i hate my keyboard it doesnt work well

GMC
26-11-2007, 21:48
Talk to naceene at FDLE Criminal History Services

Sorry lost the number but address is

FDLE
2331 Phillups Road
Tallahassee FL 32308

cost $23.00

You need to MAIL A REQUEST TO THEM you can hand write it or use their form.

they need NAME D.O.B. SSN Race and sex

The Florida Department of State tel number is 850 245 6500
or 850 245 6945 (Direct Number)

GMC

Proper Bostonian
27-11-2007, 09:16
My legal residence is also Florida (originally from Boston). I too have requested a criminal history check from the State. Requested it from the Dept. of Law Enforcement at address indicated above. Having it mailed to a family member who will then re-mail it to the Sec'y. of State's office for apostille. No idea if the Ovir will accept it, esp. since it states on FL's web site that the results will indicate it is not a nat'l. check. Am simultanously requesting background check from FBI, but nervous about the time frame even with expedited request.

GMC
27-11-2007, 11:06
I spoke with one of the ladies at length with the FBI and the FDLE. They said they were'nt aware of our legal woes here, but they would try tospeedit up if the situation was explained.

Thepeople in Tenn also said the sme. But TN is one day for TBI one day Cler of court Notary and one day sec of tate.

REMEMER YOU MUST HAVE THE NOTARY SIGNATURE FROM THE FDLA NOTARIZED BY THE COUNTY CLERK OFFICE BFORE IT GOES TO THE SEC OF STATE (THE COUNTY OF ORIGIN OF THE NOTARY AND THE COUNTY CLERK MUSTBE THE SAME--WITHOUT IT, IT WON'T BE ACCEPTED ) this is the authentification part

GMC