PDA

View Full Version : damn you DPG !

lochnessmonster
21-01-2004, 17:34
Well, thanks for telling me the weather here was 'not too bad'!
Here I am am, standing in flip-flops, a straw hat, baggy shorts and my 'Russians like doing it in the snow' T-shirt, and it is bloody freezing.

Next time I come to Heathrow airport, I'll dress up warm. but at least I got through baggage reclaim and immigration in about 45 seconds flat.

No Sunday Times for you, I'm afraid, our local shop only has the News of the World and the Beano...

I have said the word 'sorry' about a gazillion times since being back, and that's only to my mum and dad, and the Uk can be summed up in a few words: 'nice', 'MDF', 'kerbside appeal', 'Ready, Steady, Cook' and 'you can open your eyes now'...

What the hell is Linford Christie doing presenting Garden Invaders...?

But at least the tea is perfect!

DPG
21-01-2004, 18:22
You can't say that I didn't warn you - it was bloody freezing when I was there a few weeks ago!!

Ohh I like ready steady cook! Don't know about garden invaders mate, I preferred to drool over Carol Smilie on one of the other gazillion of those 'let me wear revealing clothes while I look at this lovely period-style stone farmhouse in Provence' programmes!

Find a copy of the sunday times or else - I know where you live remember!!;)

On a completely different vein, I just slipped and fell on the ice for the first time ever...at least it wasn't at all embarrassing seeing that it was right in the middle of a somewhat busy tverskaya!! I guess it had to happen sooner or later, and after 22 months it did!

Have a good one old chap!

Braders
21-01-2004, 21:40
I'm afraid, our local shop only has the News of the World and the Beano...

I'll gladly read those two rags no problemo ;)

You're spot on about the Tea it tastes like a real cuppa over there.

Any chance of bringing back a Frey Bentos Mincemeat and Vegetable Pie! or a Heinz Treacle Pudding ;)

lochnessmonster
22-01-2004, 13:53
DPG, at least you didn't break a limb when you fell. Also, if I had been there with you, you know that, for moral support, I would have said, 'enjoy your trip, tee hee!!'

Anyway, will I even be able to buy the Sunday Times, if I am flying back on a Tuesday?

Braders, Fray Bentos have been taken over I think by the Aussies and is now made with either pure kangaroo and duck-billed platypus. I can offer Brain's Faggots as an alternative...As for the Treacle pud, why buy when I can make the best treacle pud in middle earth? In exchange for a jar of your finest for myself and comrade DPG, I will gladly pop one in the oven.

DPG
22-01-2004, 15:16
Originally posted by lochnessmonster
Anyway, will I even be able to buy the Sunday Times, if I am flying back on a Tuesday?

That's more than enough insolence from you:D - the simply answer is of course that you change the day and time of your flight to sunday evening and buy it in the morning before your departure!!;) No, seriously though, the one printed on the nearest sunday to your departure would be marvellous!! [pleeeeaaaaassseeee!:)]

As for the Treacle pud, why buy when I can make the best treacle pud in middle earth? In exchange for a jar of your finest for myself and comrade DPG, I will gladly pop one in the oven.

Braders - this is an offer not to refuse...I'm not going to disclose his identity, but lets us say that when desserts and puddings are the subject of conversation, Lochnessmonster knows with all certainty (and then some) of what he speaks!!

Stella
24-01-2004, 02:31
Boy, how relieved I am to discover that treacle is MOLASSES! It sounds like a cross between tripe and carbuncles.