PDA

View Full Version : banks

yannahmaurice
02-03-2013, 01:01
Can a foreigner open a savings account and credit card to a Russian bank? Any recommendations ?

tasel
02-03-2013, 01:52
The person who has a valid registration within the territory of Russian Federation can open a bank account. The banks in Russia stopped issuing credit cards for foreigners after 2008 crisis, but there can be a few exception. If you have a long time steady financial record (which is not eligible in your case, as i understand from your question) some banks may consider issuing credit cards to foreigners.

Benedikt
02-03-2013, 07:08
Can a foreigner open a savings account and credit card to a Russian bank? Any recommendations ?

but nearly all of them will offer you a DEBIT card only, except when you have so much money and movement on your account that you qualify for a CREDIT card.

When i opened my account with Raiffeisen, being an Austrian I wanted a -home- Bank, and i was using them before I came to Russia, i was only asked for my Passport( which also contained, at that time at least, my visa, immigration card and registration).i was never ask of any proof or work or income but had a certain sum of money transferred from Austria at that time.
What i also like, because it makes my life easier, is the Raiffeisen Connect Internet banking. most of my regular payments i can make with a click of the mouse and the auto fill remembers all the details.
One minus though: if you do not use your Internet account for 60 days, the log in/password and the likes become invalid and you have to go to your bank to pick up a new one. Nothing done by e mail or phone call.
Also, I believe they daily limit you can pull out from an ATM is higher than for some others. Obvious you must have funds in your account.
I recommend Raiffeisen.

pompeygazza
03-03-2013, 10:18
I'm here on a 12 month working visa (teacher) and opened an account with Raiffeisen last week. I needed a notarised copy of my passport and registration (the original) plus of course my passport. I opened the account with just 1000 rubles. They set up internet banking which was already functioning when I got home.

So that I can transfer money to the UK, I have two accounts, one in rubles and one in GBP. It's a piece of cake transferring from one to the other. I also have a debit card which arrived in 5 working days.

All in all, pretty impressed.

BusinessTranslator
30-04-2013, 20:59
I guess credit cards are issued only to those foreigners who have lots of money (and can prove it).

Rhubard Geoff
30-04-2013, 21:58
As Benedict says Raifeissen are not bad, also UniCredit. Both do internet accounts though I find Unicredit slightly more user friendly.

tasel
30-04-2013, 23:46
I guess credit cards are issued only to those foreigners who have lots of money (and can prove it).

I don't have lot of money, but the bank issued me credit card (and i don't have PRP or TRP)

Nobbynumbnuts
01-05-2013, 14:59
Guys, with Raifeissen and UniCredit can you make international transfers via internet banking to an account in your name, overseas?

mrzuzzo
01-05-2013, 15:17
I use Sberbank and couldn't be any more happy. The advantage with them is that Sber branches and ATMs are all over the place.

FatAndy
01-05-2013, 15:40
I don't have lot of money, but the bank issued me credit card (and i don't have PRP or TRP)
Personal relations mean a lot in our country ;)

Remington
01-05-2013, 15:50
I use Sberbank and couldn't be any more happy. The advantage with them is that Sber branches and ATMs are all over the place.

I'm happy with Rosbank as they have ATMs at almost all metros. :D

tasel
01-05-2013, 17:51
Personal relations mean a lot in our country ;)

Exactly and its the same in my country too:sunny:

frankjohn2
02-05-2013, 09:02
Guys, with Raifeissen and UniCredit can you make international transfers via internet banking to an account in your name, overseas?

I cannot speak for UniCredit but yes, with Raiffeisen you can.

Nobbynumbnuts
02-05-2013, 12:05
I cannot speak for UniCredit but yes, with Raiffeisen you can.

Thanks