PDA

View Full Version : visa in UK

davtan
17-11-2007, 19:02
Just a quick note to let you all know , Afriend of mine came back from his visa run to the UK on Thursday with a year ME( business) with no restrictions on it , yes that is right it had the full years term on it !! when he quizzed the agent that did it for him they told him that they do sometimes throw in the odd year one !! just thought you all would like to know !

Bels
17-11-2007, 19:26
Just a quick note to let you all know , Afriend of mine came back from his visa run to the UK on Thursday with a year ME( business) with no restrictions on it , yes that is right it had the full years term on it !! when he quizzed the agent that did it for him they told him that they do sometimes throw in the odd year one !! just thought you all would like to know !

I've been saying this over and over for the past three months. I a;so had no restrictions and the London Russian Embassy website still states no changes.
I've yet to find a Brit who has yet had a restricted visa in London. And there are many posts like this this stating the same.

davtan
17-11-2007, 23:40
Does that mean the new law does not apply, or do you just plead ignorant?

Bels
18-11-2007, 00:21
Does that mean the new law does not apply, or do you just plead ignorant?

I mean the new law has been around as stated in the london Russian Embassy website, for those who agreed, excluding Britain, who didn't sign this agreement. For further new laws they don't apparently exist if you read the the London Russian Embassy website.

I am not saying that laws might not change by the end of the year.

or be enforced by the end of the year, but in london Russian Embassies everything is the same for Brits. If there are any changes then they will inform you of this on their website.
That goes for any Russian Embassy in that particular country. After all, they are supposedly the controllers.

ridcully
22-11-2007, 05:17
I mean the new law has been around as stated in the london Russian Embassy website, for those who agreed, excluding Britain, who didn't sign this agreement. For further new laws they don't apparently exist if you read the the London Russian Embassy website.

I am not saying that laws might not change by the end of the year.

or be enforced by the end of the year, but in London Russian Embassies everything is the same for Brits. If there are any changes then they will inform you of this on their website.

That goes for any Russian Embassy in that particular country. After all, they are supposedly the controllers.

Yes, I confirm this - my new me business visa from London makes no mention of restrictions. (See my post here: http://www.expat.ru/forum/passport-control/44050-warning-new-law-multiple-entry-business-visas-6.html#post312695)

JohnnyLomo
22-11-2007, 08:09

I received min in Paris in July, again, no restrictions, it is a full 12 months with no 90 or 180 day stamps!

fco1922
22-11-2007, 09:03
I, too, just received a ME visa in London with no restrictions. As others have written, the Russian Embassy said the new rules do not apply to British, Irish and Danish citizens since they are not governed by the Schengen accord. They did say they thought this would change in 2008, but for the moment UK citizens are not subject to the new limits.

Malairt
25-11-2007, 18:25
Just received in the post yesterday from London. 350 day multiple entry business visa but with the 90 day/180 day restriction on it.

I'm a British passport holder, visiting Russia a regular 15 to 20 times per year.

Bels
25-11-2007, 18:30
I think you're the first , maybe it has started. But recent enquiries from this Embassy has stated no known changes. However we all knew it was going to happen eventually.

Thank goodness I just recently got my residential.