PDA

View Full Version : Info on British Academic Centre required.

Stravaiger.
19-02-2013, 16:42
Hi Everyone!

I'm considering taking a job as an English teacher with a company, 'British Academic Centre' which has schools in the Moscow region. I don't know much about this organisation so I would like to hear if anyone has knowledge or experience with this company. Does it operate with good standards and conditions for its students and teachers? I'd really appreciate any information.

Best wishes to all!!

Raul P
24-02-2013, 17:20
Sorry to be of no help whatsoever, but I've never heard of them.

twinkiesgirl
06-03-2013, 21:42
Could you let us know whether you finally took the job, and if so, if you're happy with the school?

Stravaiger.
08-03-2013, 01:26
I haven't been able to find much info about this school and I think it is very unlikely that I will work with them as things stand at the moment.

yakspeare
08-03-2013, 01:43
smart move. i used to work for them but not in moscow but owned by moscow. the school lost its international house franchise years ago and thensplit in two when the director went rogue and fired everyone. They also failed to pay me amounts outstanding at the end of my contact plus want you to sign two contracts-one in english and the other in russian-with the russian one showing a much lower salary so they pay less tax on you...but in any contract dispute this is the only one binding.