PDA

View Full Version : The Pope has resigned

Benedikt
12-02-2013, 06:23
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/11/who-will-be-next-pope-benedict-resignation_n_2661803.html

does not happen to often, actually it was once only, and another one was forced to leave the Vatican.
Well, let him go in peace and retire to a Monastery in Germany where he will write his books and memoires .

And who will be the next one? Suppose a Latino or Asian might be acceptable to Curia, the body who elects the new Poep. Are they ready for a Black one? Though one thing will be for sure. After the disaster with Johanna von Ingelsheim, a SHE will never sit on the throne in the Vatican, or will it happen?

rusmeister
13-02-2013, 03:15
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/11/who-will-be-next-pope-benedict-resignation_n_2661803.html

does not happen to often, actually it was once only, and another one was forced to leave the Vatican.
Well, let him go in peace and retire to a Monastery in Germany where he will write his books and memoires .

And who will be the next one? Suppose a Latino or Asian might be acceptable to Curia, the body who elects the new Poep. Are they ready for a Black one? Though one thing will be for sure. After the disaster with Johanna von Ingelsheim, a SHE will never sit on the throne in the Vatican, or will it happen?

The important thing is not what color his skin is but whether he will honor the ancient Tradition of the Catholic Church.

Benedict did that, and is an extremely well-educated man. Unlike most here, he is actually familiar with GK Chesterton. I, for one, am sorry to see him go. It is such honesty and erudition that give hope to the reunion (some day) of our Churches.
Well, the story of "Pope Joan" is generally admitted to be a legend, not reality. It is ENORMOUSLY improbable.
And the reason for not having a woman as pope would be the same as not having a woman for priest. It would not be "emancipation", but rather, changing a ball into a disco, something the rest of the world has been foolish enough to do - and the Catholic Church, which actually has changed doctrine unilaterally, most notably the 19th century changes of Immaculate Conception and Papal Infallibility, and Vatican II, of course, COULD conceivably do it - but I think worldwide resistance would continue for much longer than the enemies of Church Tradition might wish.

Anyway, I think Benedikt has said and done great things. Sorry to see him go.

Benedikt
13-02-2013, 06:42
[QUOTE=rusmeister;1124792]The important thing is not what color his skin is but whether he will honor the ancient Tradition of the Catholic Church.

and as guessed and hinted by people who are familiar with the Vatican, it was not only his health. he just had enough with all that infighting and pickering that is going on there. Apparently Benedict was a good Pope but a -bad- statesman (he is also the head of the Vatican government). There were corruption affairs, the Banco Vaticano scandals , Vatican Gate, the one Cardinal who denied the Holocaust and also the Priors of Sion. He let go of to much and did not stamp down hard enough.
So, he just had enough. Apparently he wanted to leave the Vatican and -abdicate- as such even long before he became Pope. But he was coerced by his predecessor not to go and sat on the Throne Petri in the end. Something that he was not to keen of anyway but accepted.
He was not much liked by the (italian part) of the Curia. And quite a few other people as well.-Vatican Rottweiler- they called him. maybe he should have bit a little bit at least, once or twice. And show them who is Boss.
Suppose in that respect the Vatican is not much better or worse than the world 's governments. Presidents, Premiers,Kings and Queens are being controlled and and handled like puppets on a string.And ahve to jump more or less when being told so. And only ask on the way up, how high to jump...

By the way, there is also an Austrian Cardinal in the run. Kardinal Schönborn is well liked by the -non Italian- part of the Curia, i heard an Interview onORF, the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation.
Well, by the end of March we will know who will lead the 1 Billion Catholics for the next few years.

robertmf
13-02-2013, 06:50
... and as guessed and hinted by people who are familiar with the Vatican, it was not only his health. he just had enough with all that infighting and pickering that is going on there. Apparently Benedict was a good Pope but a -bad- statesman

Now in your kitchen, you can no longer demand to be called Pope Benedikt :)

Benedikt
13-02-2013, 07:14
Now in your kitchen, you can no longer demand to be called Pope Benedikt :)

Lord and Master was just fine!!!!!
and i always settle for -Chef-. as long as i have my coffee in the morning.:)

rusmeister
13-02-2013, 08:38
[QUOTE=rusmeister;1124792]The important thing is not what color his skin is but whether he will honor the ancient Tradition of the Catholic Church.

and as guessed and hinted by people who are familiar with the Vatican, it was not only his health. he just had enough with all that infighting and pickering that is going on there. Apparently Benedict was a good Pope but a -bad- statesman (he is also the head of the Vatican government). There were corruption affairs, the Banco Vaticano scandals , Vatican Gate, the one Cardinal who denied the Holocaust and also the Priors of Sion. He let go of to much and did not stamp down hard enough.
So, he just had enough. Apparently he wanted to leave the Vatican and -abdicate- as such even long before he became Pope. But he was coerced by his predecessor not to go and sat on the Throne Petri in the end. Something that he was not to keen of anyway but accepted.
He was not much liked by the (italian part) of the Curia. And quite a few other people as well.-Vatican Rottweiler- they called him. maybe he should have bit a little bit at least, once or twice. And show them who is Boss.
Suppose in that respect the Vatican is not much better or worse than the world 's governments. Presidents, Premiers,Kings and Queens are being controlled and and handled like puppets on a string.And ahve to jump more or less when being told so. And only ask on the way up, how high to jump...

By the way, there is also an Austrian Cardinal in the run. Kardinal Schönborn is well liked by the -non Italian- part of the Curia, i heard an Interview onORF, the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation.
Well, by the end of March we will know who will lead the 1 Billion Catholics for the next few years.

The papacy is probably the biggest reason why I could never be Catholic (much as I enjoy Catholics as allies with a very similar world view). Above all, secular rule and one man's power over the entire Church leading to all of the problems people complain about in Catholicism. The Catholic evils, broadly speaking, are institutional - BECAUSE of the design of the Church. Orthodox evils, by comparison, are not. The faith has been used as an excuse by wicked people - wicked Tsars, in particular, but it was not the design of the Church that caused the evil, whereas in the Catholic Church they do. This is where I cannot support the Catholics, much as I support them in nearly everything else.

But despite his problems, Benedikt has displayed a ton of wisdom in his thought and statements. I've generally cheered what he has publicly said, and am sorry to see him go.

peppermintpaddy
13-02-2013, 12:51
Well,Benedikt was the cardinal who was charged by the last pope in covering up the child abuse scandal all over the Catholic world-good riddance to him.....It would be a breath of fresh air to get a Pope who's first duty would be to publicly apologise for the sexual abuse of thousands of children in the 20th Century alone.....what we don't need is another reactionary......like john paul 2......