PDA

View Full Version : HQS permit - please HELP!!!!

SF77
10-02-2013, 12:37
Hello,
I'm now in final stage of receiving HQS permit (should be this week) and couple of weeks before moving. The problem is reading this forum and goverment sites I have a lot of questions that HR at the firm can't answer. There is also no suficient answers at FMS site.

If anybody knows the answers I'll be very grateful for them:
1) TRP/PRP - does families with HQS status need these permits? If they do, what is the procedure? Which documents we'll need? When it should be done?
2) Working visa - how we receive? What is the documents we should bring to Russian embasy? Tried to check out MID site, but there is no possible to understand info.
3) Employment of my wife - again can't understand the FMS site, there is no info regardinf process of family members. I know that she can work and employer doesn't need quota for foreigners. Moreover, what is procedure that should be done by her/employer? Which documents she'll need?
4) Propiska - what about this one? Do the people still have it? Should it be done by the landlord or employer just gives adress of the firm? Where it should be done?

I'm confused of all the bureaucracy even before we landed :confused:

Thanks for all answers in advance

SF77
13-02-2013, 10:41
Answers'll be realy apreceated :)

Benedikt
13-02-2013, 12:13

Thanks for all answers in advance[/QUOTE]

and there is a Consulate or Embassy -near- you. They for sure will be able to answer all the questions.

SF77
13-02-2013, 12:19
[COLOR="Red"]
and there is a Consulate or Embassy -near- you. They for sure will be able to answer all the questions.

I tried with Consulate, but they have no answers. On top it's impossible to call them or visit (you have to order appointment, but only on specific maters and my issues are not on their list).

frankjohn2
14-02-2013, 00:13
Hello,
I'm now in final stage of receiving HQS permit

If this is true, then several of your questions should already be answered ... but since you are asking, what EXACTLY do you mean by what you said that I've quoted? What has happened and who has done it?

rubyrussia
14-02-2013, 13:46
Hello,
I'm now in final stage of receiving HQS permit (should be this week) and couple of weeks before moving. The problem is reading this forum and goverment sites I have a lot of questions that HR at the firm can't answer. There is also no suficient answers at FMS site.

If anybody knows the answers I'll be very grateful for them:
1) TRP/PRP - does families with HQS status need these permits? If they do, what is the procedure? Which documents we'll need? When it should be done?
2) Working visa - how we receive? What is the documents we should bring to Russian embasy? Tried to check out MID site, but there is no possible to understand info.
3) Employment of my wife - again can't understand the FMS site, there is no info regardinf process of family members. I know that she can work and employer doesn't need quota for foreigners. Moreover, what is procedure that should be done by her/employer? Which documents she'll need?
4) Propiska - what about this one? Do the people still have it? Should it be done by the landlord or employer just gives adress of the firm? Where it should be done?

Thanks for all answers in advance

SF, you seem really confused about the bureaucracy in Russia probably because you haven't done much research yourself. You'll need to bite the bullet and invest some time to help put it all together. Your questions don't make a lot of sense. You could start out reading more about the HQS here http://www.fms.gov.ru/useful/patent/index_eng.php
As you will see, to get this, you need to have an offer of 2 million rubles a year. TRP / PRP is a residence permit and not a visa. You can not have an HQS and a TRP / PRP.
HQS is a work visa. You will need registration, not a "propiska" with HQS. Your company is required to provide you with that.

Hope that helped a bit.

SF77
14-02-2013, 13:55
frankjohn2 - unfortunately not. I've been given opposing answers by my employer (based on FMS) and consulary, on some of my questions (working visa), and no unambiguous on others.

rubyrussia - thanks a lot, this realy helpful on questions 1 & 4. I tried to research the FMS and MID sites, but since I never lived in Russia couldn't fully understand the info they provide or find answers I need.

Can somebody answer items 2 and especially 3 (except for the spouce being not required for quota on foreigners, couldn't understand what FMS will require).

Thank you all :)

frankjohn2
15-02-2013, 05:41
I CANNOT answer your question #2 until you answer the question I asked you in my last post.

I am NOT, nor likely will anyone else, going to spell out everything for you in a handy step by step guide. There are plenty of resources available that answer EVERYTHING for you right on this forum. As the previous poster stated, your questions do not make much sense if you have done any amount of research.

So, I will ask again what EXACTLY you mean by the statement, "I'm now in final stage of receiving HQS permit". Because to me it sounds like you do not even know where to begin...

SF77
16-02-2013, 10:49
I CANNOT answer your question #2 until you answer the question I asked you in my last post.

I am NOT, nor likely will anyone else, going to spell out everything for you in a handy step by step guide. There are plenty of resources available that answer EVERYTHING for you right on this forum. As the previous poster stated, your questions do not make much sense if you have done any amount of research.

So, I will ask again what EXACTLY you mean by the statement, "I'm now in final stage of receiving HQS permit". Because to me it sounds like you do not even know where to begin...

I asked the question because I received totally different answers from FMS and consulary/MID site.
I refer to:
1) need to perform AIDS test. FMS told my employer that there is no need to do the test , but consulary demands results of the test to receive visa.
2) health insurance by employer. Answer of my employer based on the info from FMS is that insurance will be done after I start to work, but in consulary I was told this should be done before I receive visa.

Thank you

frankjohn2
16-02-2013, 11:41
I asked the question because I received totally different answers from FMS and consulary/MID site.
I refer to:
1) need to perform AIDS test. FMS told my employer that there is no need to do the test , but consulary demands results of the test to receive visa.
2) health insurance by employer. Answer of my employer based on the info from FMS is that insurance will be done after I start to work, but in consulary I was told this should be done before I receive visa.

Thank you

1) Yes, you need to get the AIDS test. Some embassies overlook the requirement, but if the local consul wants it ... well, you do want the visa, no? You can get the results in 24 hours as the screen should be sufficient.

2) Again this is an embassy by embassy thing ... some require insurance before they grant the visa some do not. I cannot answer for your consul, but I presume it is just a blank on the application to be filled in, no? If they want to actually see the policy, you should only need to provide proof of a policy that will cover you in Russia and provide medical evacuation ... i.e. travel accident insurance. The policy needs to have at least $40k USD (maybe it is $30k) coverage. As an example, when I applied for my last visa the embassy in Vilnius required a policy which the agency I was using provided me for EUR 65. Remember, the visa is being issued for 90 days (presumably) , so you need to show coverage for those 90 days to the consul ... your employer is correct in the sense that you will get long term insurance after you arrive in Russia.

I hope that this helps ... you still haven't really answered my question, but from your specific questions it appears to me that you are in the beginning stages of getting the HQS ...

Step 1: Enter into a labor contract as a HQS.
Step 2: Employer applies for invitation letter for visa.
Step 3: You apply for single entry visa. (Where you are now I think)
Step 4: Move to Russia, begin work.
Step 5: Company applies to have your single entry visa converted to multi-entry 3 year visa.
Step 6: You receive ME visa and can then apply for PRP if so desired. (Not too sure on this personally)
Step 7+: I don't know as I have not had to deal with HQS. There should be threads on HQS here.

Best of luck...

SF77
16-02-2013, 15:41
1) Yes, you need to get the AIDS test. Some embassies overlook the requirement, but if the local consul wants it ... well, you do want the visa, no? You can get the results in 24 hours as the screen should be sufficient.

2) Again this is an embassy by embassy thing ... some require insurance before they grant the visa some do not. I cannot answer for your consul, but I presume it is just a blank on the application to be filled in, no? If they want to actually see the policy, you should only need to provide proof of a policy that will cover you in Russia and provide medical evacuation ... i.e. travel accident insurance. The policy needs to have at least $40k USD (maybe it is $30k) coverage. As an example, when I applied for my last visa the embassy in Vilnius required a policy which the agency I was using provided me for EUR 65. Remember, the visa is being issued for 90 days (presumably) , so you need to show coverage for those 90 days to the consul ... your employer is correct in the sense that you will get long term insurance after you arrive in Russia.

Thank you. It's really helpful to understand how the process works.
Hope after we'll have our tests, there won't be additional difficulties with consulate.