PDA

View Full Version : Sending a package from Russia to the States.

Greve
10-02-2013, 08:12
Hi,

I need to send a package from Moscow to LA. Is the Russian post reliable or is there any other ways to send items abroad?

Remington
10-02-2013, 10:19
Hi,

I need to send a package from Moscow to LA. Is the Russian post reliable or is there any other ways to send items abroad?

I've sent stuff to the States via Russian Post. No problems. It will probably take three weeks for your stuff to arrive in LA.

penka
10-02-2013, 12:09
Hej Greve,
det går med ryska posten med, för det mesta, men tar jakla lång tid ... UPS eller FedEx funkar betydligt bättre och snabbare. Men, naturligtvis, smakar det så kostar det. Jag betalar ca 800 spänn för att få posten skickat fr Sthlm.

http://www.fedex.com/ru/dropoff/
http://www.ups.com/content/ru/en/contact/index.html

Lycka till!

Greve
10-02-2013, 13:57
Thanks Remington! Tack Penka!

FatAndy
11-02-2013, 15:15
Hi,

Keep in mind that Russian Post is the cheapest way, but not very fast. Also remembrer that parcels > 2kg you must send from International Post office (Warshavskoe shosse, 37 - m. Nagatinskaya, grey line, South). Below 2 kg you may send from your local post office.

robertmf
11-02-2013, 19:32
Keep in mind that Russian Post is the cheapest way, but not very fast. Also remembrer that parcels > 2kg you must send from International Post office (Warshavskoe shosse, 37 - m. Nagatinskaya, grey line, South). Below 2 kg you may send from your local post office.

Here in the US there are just post offices. All are created with equal queues|lines.

There is a short customs form for @ < 2kg. (4 lbs) and a longer form for @ > 2kg.

Bogatyr
11-02-2013, 20:32
Here in the US there are just post offices. All are created with equal queues|lines.

There is a short customs form for @ < 2kg. (4 lbs) and a longer form for @ > 2kg.

Сбербанк has converted (at least in SPB) to automated number tickets. No more "кто последний?" and trying to guess which line is moving faster.
Hopefully this will move to УФМС and the почт as well sometime soon!

FatAndy
12-02-2013, 18:54

That Intl post office on Varshavka is with ticketed queue. Usual ones aren't yet.

robertmf
12-02-2013, 19:19
That Intl post office on Varshavka is with ticketed queue. Usual ones aren't yet.

Those numbered tickets for queues are used at the grocery store deli. Not necessary in PO or liquor store queues. The post office queues are "orderly" :) Except on Saturdays when they go postal :(

Annie C
17-02-2013, 02:02
i've heard of numerous packages being lost and postcards....=T

RuthElise86
18-02-2013, 09:27
I've sent a number of packages from Russia to the US and have never had a problem (once I figured out where to go).

My local office only mails packages under 2 kg. If it's over, I have to go to a post office around the corner. I imagine there are several possible places you can mail larger packages to internationally. Just ask at the local office and they can tell you where to go. I have them write the address for me because I don't always understand the street names they saw.

BabyFirefly
18-02-2013, 09:49
For us it's been hit or miss. The stuff we sent to the States when we were moving back got there ridiculously fast, I think in about 9 days, the stuff his parents send here usually take 2-3 weeks, but the last package they've sent, we've been waiting for more than a month :(

stephenk2
27-02-2013, 01:18
Glad to hear people are having better luck than me. My mother sent two postcards from NY and I never received them. Russian friends told me that the post could care less about postcards and they probably got thrown out. Awesome!

Augustine
01-03-2013, 21:44
Has anyone had any problems getting packages from the United States delivered to their apartments?