PDA

View Full Version : Having Relatives living in Russia

Mosray
16-11-2007, 00:07
I asked the following question in a post on another thread, but hoped someone might be able to advise me on a small matter:

I will be going to make a new ME-Business Visa next week and I want to know if it is advisable to state on the application form that I have relatives living in Russia, namely a wife and child.. Would this affect my application in anyway if I do state this or should I just leave it blank?

Any advice would be helpfull..

raydg
16-11-2007, 07:52
I asked the following question in a post on another thread, but hoped someone might be able to advise me on a small matter:

I will be going to make a new ME-Business Visa next week and I want to know if it is advisable to state on the application form that I have relatives living in Russia, namely a wife and child.. Would this affect my application in anyway if I do state this or should I just leave it blank?

Any advice would be helpfull..

I too have the same question. My Russian wife gave birth to our child on Oct 28th and my ME-business visa expires in January.

Mosray
16-11-2007, 08:23
I too have the same question. My Russian wife gave birth to our child on Oct 28th and my ME-business visa expires in January.

Congratulations on the birth... I hope all is well with mother and child...

Regarding the to put or not to put question...lol My visa support agency said if I put them, all I have to say is they will be leaving with me when my busienss is finished in Moscow or that I am going to apply for temp-resid..

The only thing about putting them is the crack down on us using ME-BV's for personal use i.e long stays with relatives instead of going through the proper channels.. Catch22 really..:rant:

16-11-2007, 09:10
It does not change anything, it is pure administrative question for statistic.

raydg
16-11-2007, 09:50
Congratulations on the birth... I hope all is well with mother and child...

Regarding the to put or not to put question...lol My visa support agency said if I put them, all I have to say is they will be leaving with me when my busienss is finished in Moscow or that I am going to apply for temp-resid..

The only thing about putting them is the crack down on us using ME-BV's for personal use i.e long stays with relatives instead of going through the proper channels.. Catch22 really..:rant:

Thanks :) Actually I am also trying to get temporary residence also, but I still need to leave in January as my visa expires.

VladSkywolf
16-11-2007, 10:00
Well, in the past it was never an issue (done it twice) and I've never been asked about it. Despite the recent changes though, I agree with Guest that it shouldn't make a difference.

I'm not sure what you're long term plans are, but if they include residency, with a wife and child here, why not apply for a personal invitation? You would then not have to worry about the 90/180 rule. Being as you'd have to leave every 90 days anyway, your intended purpose for visiting would be on the up and up, thus foregoing any suspicion by embassy personnel. The difference, of course, is that you won't have to wait 90 days to come back.

And congratulations raydg!!

raydg
16-11-2007, 12:43
Well, in the past it was never an issue (done it twice) and I've never been asked about it. Despite the recent changes though, I agree with Guest that it shouldn't make a difference.

I'm not sure what you're long term plans are, but if they include residency, with a wife and child here, why not apply for a personal invitation? You would then not have to worry about the 90/180 rule. Being as you'd have to leave every 90 days anyway, your intended purpose for visiting would be on the up and up, thus foregoing any suspicion by embassy personnel. The difference, of course, is that you won't have to wait 90 days to come back.

And congratulations raydg!!

Thanks:) I did think of the personal invitation, but found it easier to do ME, as I did not have to leave every 90 days. Now it seems that I have to anyway:( I do plan on staying in Russia for a few more years and then return to America. That is way residency is what I really need and am working on that.

BrianS
19-11-2007, 11:07
I just returned with a new visa and I DID put that I had a Russian wife and had no problems in that regard.

mandelstam13
20-11-2007, 12:04
So are visas issued under personal invitations exempt from the 90/180 day law???

BrianS
20-11-2007, 18:10
I am fairly certain that the 90/180 day law only applies to ME visas.

thewanderer
21-11-2007, 19:22
So, I'm wondering what the limitations are on these "personal invitations." Do they have to come from family? Or can any Russian citizen issue an invitation for me to come visit them for a year?

The reason I'm wondering is that I'm currently, like a lot of people on here, mulling my options in the post-ME-BusVisa world. Would it be possible to have a friend invite us for a year? If so, the only real difference I can see from the previous visa is that we'll have to do the over-the-border-and-back-the-next-day trip every 3 months instead of every six months, which wouldn't exactly be the end of the world.

Of course, I'm assuming getting registered would then have to be handled by the friend who invited you? Is that the way all that works? Or is it limited to family only and all my conjecture on here is pointless?

BrianS
21-11-2007, 19:35
Anyone can invite you, BUT the invitations are only good for a 3 month visa so you would have to get a new invitation and visa every 3 months. I think the best bet for those of us that can swing it is to get the temp. resident permit. I actually started this months ago and was finally able to turn in all the documents etc. 1 month ago so now it's just a waiting game....and I'm hoping it will come before my current visa expires.

Mosray
23-11-2007, 19:18
I wish to thank everyone who has taken part in this thread.. The advise that some have given has been put into practice and I am glad to say nothing happened by naming my wife and child as living in Russia, infact I had my visa issued in 20 mins...Well done Dublin:shhhhhh:..... Cheers guys...

Mosray
23-11-2007, 19:23
Anyone can invite you, BUT the invitations are only good for a 3 month visa so you would have to get a new invitation and visa every 3 months. I think the best bet for those of us that can swing it is to get the temp. resident permit. I actually started this months ago and was finally able to turn in all the documents etc. 1 month ago so now it's just a waiting game....and I'm hoping it will come before my current visa expires.

Brian, there has to be a reason to invite you...Family, friends or such like want to invite you for a holiday or something like that..and yes every 3/4 months you would have to have a new invite...best way is to applying for temp res...but that is another story (see thread Temp res in Russia)...

BrianS
24-11-2007, 16:15
Yes...there has to be a reason, but the reason can be as simple as a friend just coming to visit. It doesn't have to be a special holiday or anything. In fact I personally have received an invitation for "just a visit to a friend". No big deal. BUT like Mosray and I have both stated the best way seems to get the temp. resid. permit.