PDA

View Full Version : question on the registration process for marriage in moscow

Puddingmannz
06-02-2013, 10:58
hey there, I am a non Russian, trying to get married to my Russian Fiancee

my Fiancee was told that if I fill out the application to marriage form and have it notorised buy my embassy, then I can post it to her, and she can go to the Wedding Palace and Apply. Is this true. I see at zags site in the FAQ section it says it can be done, but this may only be for Russian citizens.

The wedding palace has already said we can do it, but, the Embassy does not agree.

i understand rules are rules, and I am pretty good at working my way through them,

any advice is well recieved. i have been reading the posts others make here, thankyou very much.

Jas
06-02-2013, 11:13
hey there, I am a non Russian, trying to get married to my Russian Fiancee

my Fiancee was told that if I fill out the application to marriage form and have it notorised buy my embassy, then I can post it to her, and she can go to the Wedding Palace and Apply. Is this true. I see at zags site in the FAQ section it says it can be done, but this may only be for Russian citizens.

The wedding palace has already said we can do it, but, the Embassy does not agree.

i understand rules are rules, and I am pretty good at working my way through them,

any advice is well recieved. i have been reading the posts others make here, thankyou very much.

Ure forgetting the most important thing and that is ure CNI. Without that, no way can u do anything.I'm not married meself, but I am sure ZAGS won't allow u to marry unless u got the CNI. People who actually been thru all of this will clarify this but as I understand it, even then, u got to get the CNI to the Min of Foreign Affairs for checking. U need translations of stuff also like ure passport. CNI has strict waiting periods also- so don't think it can happen in a few days, or even weeks. U got to be 21 days in the RF before u can get ure CNI- and that's just the first part of the wait.

However, here's the good news. Nearly every one I ever spoken to about getting married in Russia told it's actually quite easy. Just get ure CNI!

Puddingmannz
06-02-2013, 12:46
hey there i didn't mention the other bits, I will have a copy of my passport verified and translated, and the CNI is coming with Apostile, it also will get translated and vertified by the embassy, at the moment it is just this one grey are we have as mentioned above....it will be ok either way this all works out, but it just means that the CNI may have to be redone because of the 90 day thing, but that is a small issue.

but as in all good things it will work out. I wanted to do this to have more money and stay later on the current visa so, I can get the next one so we are not appart after marriage.

I am looking forward to our marriage!!......

thankyou for your time

scd167
06-02-2013, 15:15
I am looking forward to our marriage!!......

Another one bites the dust...

:suspect:

Puddingmannz
07-02-2013, 12:45
Another one bites the dust...

:suspect:

:rofl:

i must admit i had a break through today, and the problem is sorted, thankyou, and thankyou people at the embassy :)

Davila
08-02-2013, 11:17
well i hope you solve everything.

i got married 6 months ago and i can tell you was really hard with all the papers but i my wife could apply without me, only with my notorized signature.

if have another question maybe i can help you.. i almost know all the procedure, but i have to tell you then every palace have their own rules.

good luck

Puddingmannz
10-02-2013, 10:10
wow, thanks Dailva

I am currently waiting on the CNI form, then I can translate, get them notorized, and take the wedding chapel application form to the embassy to get them to notorize it too, then I will post it to my fiancee

do you live in moscow now? my next task will be the next visa or TRP