PDA

View Full Version : Maximum withdrawl from ATM with foreign card

SF77
03-02-2013, 22:59
Hello
Need help on what is the amount I can withdraw fromATM with not Russian Matercard or Amex.
Trying to figure the best way to have cash first couple of weeks and pay for the appartment.
Thanks

frankjohn2
04-02-2013, 00:21
The answer depends on two things -- the card issuing banks policy and the specific ATM.

In my experience, Citibank ATM's allow the largest amount to be withdrawn in one transaction, 30k RUB. Most ATM's allow between 10-20k. You can make multiple withdrawals at any ATM as long as the issuing bank allows this. So the important question is how much will your bank allow to be withdrawn daily and do they have any limit on the number of withdrawals?

LynneWaite
04-02-2013, 16:07
Hi

I too had the same requirement but resolved it quite easily. I went into a nearby bank with my UK passport and UK bank Visa Card and politely asked if someone spoke English and could help me. I explained why I needed the cash and wrote down the amount I wanted to withdraw (and on that occasion it was 160,000 Rur) and was shown into the Cashiers office where the bank teller made the transaction off my card. I had to sign a receipt of course but it really was that simple.

Good Luck

LynneWaite
04-02-2013, 16:09
By the way it was the Bank of St Petersberg the first time I did it and Sperbank the second time

SF77
04-02-2013, 18:15
Thank you for reply.

I guess credit cards won't be good solution at the begining, since we'll have a lot of expenses (appartment, clothing, some furniture).

What is the alternatives to bring money to Russia, except for cash (too risky) and credit cards?

Thank you.

Alan65
04-02-2013, 19:05
Thank you for reply.

I guess credit cards won't be good solution at the begining, since we'll have a lot of expenses (appartment, clothing, some furniture).

What is the alternatives to bring money to Russia, except for cash (too risky) and credit cards?

Thank you.

Gold bullion ?

penka
04-02-2013, 20:00
If you are to withdraw cash from local ATM machines, check out with your bank, how much do they charge per transaction. I am paying approx 3.5 EUR.

robertmf
04-02-2013, 20:30
If you are to withdraw cash from local ATM machines, check out with your bank, how much do they charge per transaction. I am paying approx 3.5 EUR.

That's alot.

It seems normal transfer|withdraw is much less expensive here in US. Maybe bank fee competition. I use Wells Fargo bank and their ATMs are $0. For an ATM where you do not have account, the fee is @$1.50. In a bar|tavern the commercial ATM the fee will be more like $2.50+1.50.

I sent $20 to *Catgirl* in the Ukr. for a picture via paypal.com No problem, no fee. I think paypal might be only US$300 max, though.

:10518:

tonytony
04-02-2013, 22:10
Thank you for reply.

Thank you.

Open a bank account in Russia. Transfer the money as EUR or USD to an account in a Russian bank and then convert it to RUB.

You can then spend the money as you wish