PDA

View Full Version : Should we change the name of expat.ru to something else? Your suggestions.

Jas
20-01-2013, 17:43
If they wanted to change the name of expat.ru to something else, then I think I wud change it to- "The Army of Lovers."

People wud tell like this...
"I need advice on how to get a TRP..."
"Check it out on the Army of Lovers. Tons of stuff about trp's."

I admit it doesn't sound quite right and stuff, but it's got other strenghts.

OK then, if we was to change the name of the site- what wud u suggest it shud be?

Periwinkle
20-01-2013, 18:08
I see no reason to change.

Jas
20-01-2013, 18:20
I see no reason to change.

Well what if the mods ordered the change? What wud u call the site? It's totally hypothetical.... obviously.

pompeygazza
20-01-2013, 18:28
Personally I'd be scared off by 'Army of Lovers'. I've never been able to handle one let alone an army of them. How about 'Rolling stones gathered in Mos(cow)'?

I know, it's bloody awful.

And Peri...lighten up it's just a bit of fun.

Jas
20-01-2013, 18:37
Personally I'd be scared off by 'Army of Lovers'. .

Like people wud think we're a bunch of little slags or something? Dunno, but I like the name sort of and it wud get tons of notice also.
No other site cud dream something like it up in a zillion years even.

Alan65
20-01-2013, 19:03
Like people wud think we're a bunch of little slags or something? Dunno, but I like the name sort of and it wud get tons of notice also.
No other site cud dream something like it up in a zillion years even.

Actually............

http://www.armyoflovers.net/

They were big in the gay scene, perhaps it would not go down well with some people

ARMY OF LOVERS - HANDS UP - YouTube

Jas
20-01-2013, 19:24
Actually............

http://www.armyoflovers.net/

Well I still don't think another expat site anywhere in the world wud think to call itself that.

robertmf
20-01-2013, 19:35
Personally I'd be scared off by 'Army of Lovers'. I've never been able to handle one let alone an army of them.

How 'bout red-lips . ru :question: A cult Army of Loving exPat fanatics (http://www.rockyhorror.com/) :Loco:

Jas
20-01-2013, 19:42
How 'bout red-lips . ru :question: A cult Army of Loving exPat fanatics (http://www.rockyhorror.com/) :Loco:

Red lips- the site for expats that's all mouth.
Not a bad idea at all, robert.

TolkoRaz
20-01-2013, 19:54
If its not broken, don't fix it! :book:

pompeygazza
20-01-2013, 21:09

Red lips. I like that. How about changing this from hypothetical to possible?

Benedikt
20-01-2013, 22:08
OK then, if we was to change the name of the site- what wud u suggest it shud be?[/QUOTE]

and being here over 20 years i don't consider myself an expat any more. we also have quite a few -russian- posters here. they are also no expats. and people who live in other countries but are registered and post here. so theoretically they would no qualify as expats either.
-Inter Nations - it can't be, because there is something already with that name.
-Friends of Russia- might be one name?
-Easy Russia?-
-Russia for all?-
but as Tolko writes: why fix it when it is not broken....

bydand
20-01-2013, 22:36
Hottie Genius Jastastic Playground.

Nobbynumbnuts
20-01-2013, 22:38
Hottie Genius Jastastic Playground.

Gets my vote! ;)

Periwinkle
21-01-2013, 10:45
Personally I'd be scared off by 'Army of Lovers'. I've never been able to handle one let alone an army of them. How about 'Rolling stones gathered in Mos(cow)'?

I know, it's bloody awful.

And Peri...lighten up it's just a bit of fun.

I just gave my opinion, not light not heavy just my basic opinion.:coffee: As I said I see no reason to change as the name suits. 'Army of Lovers' maybe, if it was a gay/bi meeting point.
Expat- foreigners, Ru - Russia. Makes sense.
I understand it is hypothetical but it is probably half Jas hoping something will come of it.
But of you are disappointed I did not play then I will, 'The borscht bowel.ru'.

Judge
21-01-2013, 10:56
How does, 'Putin's Red Army' sound?
I often suggest this to the admins/mods, to have a new section or at least a sub-section, but for some reason I keep getting outvoted.

yakspeare
21-01-2013, 11:19
How does, 'Putin's Red Army' sound?
I often suggest this to the admins/mods, to have a new section or at least a sub-section, but for some reason I keep getting outvoted.

that's bcause the vote is rigged :P

I saw a hedgehog stuffing the ballot box but he was probably a part of an NGO with links to foreign powers...

Just sayin.

Judge
21-01-2013, 11:23
that's bcause the vote is rigged :P

I saw a hedgehog stuffing the ballot box but he was probably a part of an NGO with links to foreign powers...

Just sayin.

That pesky hedgehog up to know good again.....it's not just the hedgehog,also the fat guy in a muddy park.

yakspeare
21-01-2013, 12:14
That pesky hedgehog up to know good again.....it's not just the hedgehog,also the fat guy in a muddy park.

well I am a fat guy and that guy is fatter and you don't get fat from being undernourished and impoverished-the only official I have met who must insist on bribes paid in caviar, salo and vodka...personally i prefer gold but each to their own.

just sayin..

Russian Lad
21-01-2013, 12:48
well I am a fat guy and that guy is fatter and you don't get fat from being undernourished and impoverished

Vice versa, fat usually comes from cheap food, there are more fat people among the poor than among the rich... Just look at McDonalds employees in the States...

yakspeare
21-01-2013, 12:54
Vice versa, fat usually comes from cheap food, there are more fat people among the poor than among the rich... Just look at McDonalds employees in the States...

to a point but not if you are starving. and in oz i never saw a fat mcdonalds employee(nor in Russia or in fact anywhere else I have visitied.)

Russian Lad
21-01-2013, 15:07
to a point but not if you are starving.

It is really hard or even impossible to get to this point in civilized countries, as you know.

and in oz i never saw a fat mcdonalds employee(nor in Russia or in fact anywhere else I have visitied.)

I don't know anything about Australia, but in Russia they seem to hire in McDonalds the skinniest and smallest people possible, just for them to occupy less space at the counter. In the US it is not the case, I guess primarily because not many Americans are eager to work there. In Alabama a lot of those guys are not just overweight, they are monstrous, weighing 200-350 kg. But McDonalds food is the best example for you - cheap yet extremely unhealthy. Or you are going to argue that point as well?
Besides, in order to make food cheaper and more accessible, in many cases it is genetically modified, which also contributes to many poor people gaining excessive weight.
An article regarding that:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/05/opinion/granderson-poverty-health/index.html

In fact, the five poorest states are also among the 10 fattest, and eight of the 10 poorest states are also among the 10 with the lowest life expectancy...
The rise of Type 2 diabetes in children coincides with the rise of child obesity and childhood poverty. I'm sure to some that is just another coincidence. But to me that is as strong of an example as any of class warfare and what ails our economy...Ground beef that is 80/20 is fattier but cheaper than 90/10. Ground turkey breast is leaner than the other two but is usually the more expensive. And many of us can't even begin to think about free-range chicken and organic produce -- food without pesticides and antibiotics that'll cost you a second mortgage in no time at all.

yakspeare
21-01-2013, 15:18
oh at 120kg i am living proof that mcdonalds isn't healthy.lol

Jas
21-01-2013, 17:58
Mmm, fat isn't actually fron fat, it's from carbos. So if ure eating tons of pastry, bread, macaroni, and ofcourse- potatoes and rice, ure going to be fat.
Anyone here eat paroatta? It's got a whopping 300 calories in just one piece of bread- that and all the oil!

A big Mac? That's got 25 grms of fat and it's moderate on carbs- I mean, bad, but not as bad as tameez or parotaa, or potatoes or a a serving of pilau. So? So that's why u don't really get fat Mcdonalds employees- in moderation- without the fries and the sugar filled coke- a single Big Mac is actually not that bad.
For me, I don't consider fast food that bad if taken in moderation. If ure living on tons of bread, rice, and potatoes (aloo bajii)- I think ure more likely to be fat. Needless to say, that's also the food of poor people.

Jas
21-01-2013, 17:59

If u ate 1 Big Mac every few days u wud be ok.

Jas
21-01-2013, 18:00
But McDonalds food is the best example for you - cheap yet extremely unhealthy. Or you are going to argue that point as well?
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/05/opinion/granderson-poverty-health/index.html

Not if in *moderation*. Eating rice, bread, pilmini, makaronia, and potatoes is more likely to make u fat than McDonald's in moderation.

Jas
21-01-2013, 18:01
well I am a fat guy and that guy is fatter and you don't get fat from being undernourished ..

U seen kwashiorkor?

yakspeare
21-01-2013, 19:52
If u ate 1 Big Mac every few days u wud be ok.

it is not carbs but calories that matter and fat is calorie rich.

a big mac mcvalue meal with fries and coke(who eats a big mac on its own??) is basically an entire days calories.

trust me, i had maccas for breakfast lunch and tea for years. i know the menu and its effects, quite well. no it isn't as bad for you as some other things out -russian street food and kotleti fried in oil is definitely not healthy either.

robertmf
21-01-2013, 20:37

You've been Super Sized :mml:

Super Size Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:floating::11030::goblin:

FatAndy
21-01-2013, 21:57
If they wanted to change the name of expat.ru to something else?
Weeellll... for what? :suspect:

Jas
21-01-2013, 22:22
Weeellll... for what? :suspect:

It's just a fun exercise and also Andy, by participating- far from criticizing the site's name, people will feel that are stakeholders and love the site *more*. Site's name is ok in all ways... but we can use it to build identification with the site by asking for more and more ideas. Doesn't mean u have to actually change the name, or even consider the ideas. Like that.