PDA

View Full Version : Does New Law Apply to Double Entry Visa?

Dougle
13-11-2007, 01:10
Hello,

I am curious to know if this new Business Visa law also applies to Single or Double entry visas?

Does anybody have any idea about this?

Thanks

Dougle
13-11-2007, 01:47
Well I just realized that single and double visas are not valid for one year.

Scottish01
13-11-2007, 10:02
Yes, the double entry visa lasts for 3 months.

I guess the 90 rule will still apply and you will need to wait 3 months before they will issue this type of visa to you again.

But I could be wrong:confused:

thewanderer
14-11-2007, 16:29

I guess the 90 rule will still apply and you will need to wait 3 months before they will issue this type of visa to you again.

Really? Why would that be? It's my understanding that the law was specifically tailored to "Multi-Entry Business Visas," ie the ones that lasted for a year.

You're scaring me - my worst-case scenario backup for next year when my current visa expires is to live here on a 3-months-at-a-time basis making frequent visa trips. If I find out even that's not an option then I'll really be in trouble.

Scottish01
14-11-2007, 16:41
Really? Why would that be? It's my understanding that the law was specifically tailored to "Multi-Entry Business Visas," ie the ones that lasted for a year.

You're scaring me - my worst-case scenario backup for next year when my current visa expires is to live here on a 3-months-at-a-time basis making frequent visa trips. If I find out even that's not an option then I'll really be in trouble.

I didn't mean to freak you out!!

As I said I am not sure about this situation myself. I just thought that maybe the 90 day rule applied to all business visa's!

Maybe someone with more knowledge can confirm the situation!

Rusguest
14-11-2007, 23:20

The law states that the 90 day rule applies only to multi entry visas.
Постановление от 4 октября 2007 г. N 635 (http://www.government.ru/government/governmentactivity/rfgovernmentdecisions/archive/2007/10/05/4833186.htm)
Please refer to point no.5
5. Пункт 17 дополнить абзацем следующего содержания:
"Суммарный срок пребывания иностранного гражданина в Российской Федерации по многократной визе устанавливается при оформлении визы уполномоченным государственным органом, но не более чем 90 дней в течение каждого периода в 180 дней, за исключением случаев, предусмотренных настоящим Положением."

Scottish01
14-11-2007, 23:26
The law states that the 90 day rule applies only to multi entry visas.
Постановление от 4 октября 2007 г. N 635 (http://www.government.ru/government/governmentactivity/rfgovernmentdecisions/archive/2007/10/05/4833186.htm)
Please refer to point no.5
5. Пункт 17 дополнить абзацем следующего содержания:
"Суммарный срок пребывания иностранного гражданина в Российской Федерации по многократной визе устанавливается при оформлении визы уполномоченным государственным органом, но не более чем 90 дней в течение каждого периода в 180 дней, за исключением случаев, предусмотренных настоящим Положением."

Thanks for the information!:D

米乐龙
15-11-2007, 12:40
So if this law only applies to multi-entry visas then I should be able to apply for a 3 month double entry visa every 3 months in Finland, right? Making 4 visa runs to Finland per year would allow me to stay in Moscow for the entire 12 months. Or will Russian embassy in Finland deny me after my first 3 months is up?

Rusguest
15-11-2007, 13:53
So if this law only applies to multi-entry visas then I should be able to apply for a 3 month double entry visa every 3 months in Finland, right? Making 4 visa runs to Finland per year would allow me to stay in Moscow for the entire 12 months. Or will Russian embassy in Finland deny me after my first 3 months is up?

A lot depends on the particular embassy how it will react to repeated applications of 3-month business visas or personal invitation visas.
I know for sure that when one of my friends applied for a 4th tourist visa within 12 months, the embassy recommended that he go for a business visa. Their explanation was that he was obviously using the tourist visa for business purposes. Here's a similar case (http://www.waytorussia.net/TalkLounge/conversation9837.html), but then again here's a case where a guy didnt have problem with repeated tourist visas. (http://www.waytorussia.net/TalkLounge/quote-46436.html)
If people start making a lot of consecutive 3 month business visas, I guess the embassies are going wise up at some point.

VladSkywolf
16-11-2007, 09:06
A lot depends on the particular embassy how it will react to repeated applications of 3-month business visas or personal invitation visas.

I know one guy who came several times (consecutively) with personal invitation visas. However even though they may be more forgiving with this type of visa, I'm suspect at some point they'll wise up and say "hey, what's going on?".

Rustralian
16-11-2007, 16:17
This email was sent around by the Australian Embassy today, to all people registered with them. It confirms that the laws are not retrospective.

Dear Sir/Madam,

You are currently registered with the Australian Embassy in Moscow as an Australian citizen residing in Russian Federation.

Please find the attached information about a new regime for Business Visa to Russian Federation. You will have a unique opportunity to learn more about the implications of the following newly-introduced Russian government decrees, which outline new rules governing business visas for foreign citizens.

● Multi-entry business and commercial (delovaya) visas are frequently used by foreign nationals for work in Russia and this is a violation of Russian law. Now the Russian Government is bringing legislation in conformity with globally accepted rules and procedures by making it difficult to work in Russia using a business or commercial visa.

● The U.S. and EU countries have similar visa systems – that is, requiring work visas. In the EU, foreign nationals holding multi-entry business visas, as opposed to work visas, cannot spend more than 90 days in the country during each 180-days period.

● For long-term stays and work in Russia, foreign citizens must have a work visa (not a delovaya visa), be a family member of a work (not delovaya) visa holder, or have a training (studenchiskaya) visa, a temporary residence permit, or a permanent residence permit.

● The new visa regulation will not apply to those whose multi-entry business, commercial or humanitarian (gumanitarnaya) visas were issued before October 18, 2007. The visa regime allowing them to stay in the country for up to 180 days at a time will remain in effect until visa expiry.

● Multi-entry business, commercial and humanitarian visas issued on October 18, 2007 and afterward shall only allow the holder to spend a total of 90 days out of a 180-day period in Russia. Thus the maximum time a foreigner could spend in Russia per annum on an ordinary multi-entry business, commercial and humanitarian visa is 180 days, and half the days in each 180-day period must be spent outside of Russia.

● The 180-day visa period regarding the 90-day restriction starts from the first day of first arrival (border crossing), not from the date of the visa issuance.

● A reciprocity principle will apply going forward regarding the issuance of visas in third countries. A foreign citizen will be able to receive a Russian visa in a country other than his own if his own country allows Russian citizens to receive visas at its embassies and consulates outside of Russia. A list of 40 countries that allow Russian citizens to receive visas in countries other than Russia was mentioned, and it will be possible for citizens of these countries to receive Russian visas in third countries (please see transcript). The list always changes, so it is important to call the Russian embassy you are planning to visit to verify if it will issue a visa before you order a visa invitation sent to that country.

● If the third country allows you to reside over 90 days, then the Russian embassy in that country will also issue a visa in that country.

● The timing of visa issuance will now also be based on reciprocity. This means that it may not be possible to get visas as quickly as in the past for nationals of certain countries, including the U.S.

● The penalty for individuals who violate the visa-regime is up to 5,000 rubles, or deportation, or denial of entry, or a refusal of a new visa. A total of two administrative violations (for visa violations or other reasons including tax violations and failure to properly file a notification form) may result in the refusal of new visas.

● The penalty for a company that sponsors someone on an inappropriate type of visa is up to 800,000 rubles, or the possible limitations on the company’s ability to issue invitations in the future.

● A visa invitation on company letterhead will be allowed for most of the EC countries once the relevant agreement between the EC and Russia becomes effective. This is not yet in effect and the rules and procedures have not been issued but are expected by the New Year.

● Accompanying family members who will not work in Russia (children, spouse) of a work visa holder must hold a so-called work visa for accompanying family members (обыкновенная рабочая виза c целью поездки: «Сопровождающий член семьи») which in fact d not allow them to work.

● A stay by a foreign national in Russia can be extended beyond the visa period by three governmental agencies: The Border Guard Service, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or the FSB (3 days). If it is up to 10 days, the Federal Migration Service can assist.

● Limited-entry business visas of shorter duration shall not be subject to the 90-day rule. That is, one could in theory get a two month visa every two months and avoid the 90-day limitation, but would have to leave the country every two months to get the visa. One could also not work on such a visa.

This does state that you can keep coming and going on limited entry 60 day visas, but it would be a pain in the butt!