PDA

View Full Version : Calcium for Osteo

Albertina
11-11-2007, 21:04
Who has an experience with osteo? What are the best ways to maximize calcium uptake by the body? I bought lots of cheese, milk, sesam, as well as supplements :-) , but will be happy to hear others' ideas.

Katrine L
11-11-2007, 22:35
Maximum of calcium is in dried fish - several times more in compare with milk products. Combination of calcium and vitamin D is also useful -really helps.:)

Albertina
11-11-2007, 23:03
Dried and salted or just dried? I thought that salt is not a good idea with this condition. Do you maybe know by chance how it;s called in Russian - is this 'taranka'?
Thanks! That was helpful!

Maximum of calcium is in dried fish - several times more in compare with milk products. Combination of calcium and vitamin D is also useful -really helps.:)

Katrine L
12-11-2007, 00:40
Before drying fish has been salted anyway! It could be more or less salted - depends on tastes of who cooked. There is a lot of that kind of stuff in shops, so you can find an appropriate one for yourself! The most famous is vobla (ВОБЛА). And it has higher calcium content. But all other stuff which can be sold as a whole fish or as cleaned pieces like for beer funs I think all this stuff also works.:respect:

Dried and salted or just dried? I thought that salt is not a good idea with this condition. Do you maybe know by chance how it;s called in Russian - is this 'taranka'?
Thanks! That was helpful!