PDA

View Full Version : Why do many Russian women marry foreign men?

RIKO
11-11-2007, 10:29
An interesting poll from the "Russia Today" website:

Poll results
Question:Why do many Russian women marry foreign men?
money 34%
better life 53%
love 13%

http://www.russiatoday.ru/poll/vote/113

Natkin
11-11-2007, 13:26
Is it a result of answers of expat men or Russian women? (sorry, can`t open the link) These figures reflect the situation of 90s, I think. Nowadays love seem to be more valuable in this choice.

I, for instance, married a foreigner in 1991, it was a combo of love and better life. And married a Russian in 2005. Things change!!!

RIKO
11-11-2007, 15:13
I, for instance, married a foreigner in 1991, it was a combo of love and better life. And married a Russian in 2005. Things change!!! was this for love or money ?

Try this link (they take the poll off after a day so look at it now if you're interested): http://www.russiatoday.ru/

usrus
11-11-2007, 15:13
Is it a result of answers of expat men or Russian women? (sorry, can`t open the link) These figures reflect the situation of 90s, I think. Nowadays love seem to be more valuable in this choice.

I, for instance, married a foreigner in 1991, it was a combo of love and better life. And married a Russian in 2005. Things change!!!

Same thing here in 1996 married an American(love), 2004 married Russian.

Natkin
11-11-2007, 16:48
was this for love or money ?

You mean the Russian? For his patience - he was talking me into it for 10years!!!:thumbsup:

quincy
12-11-2007, 09:42
You mean the Russian? For his patience - he was talking me into it for 10years!!!:thumbsup:
wow! patience on his part, resistance on yours!

Natkin
12-11-2007, 10:32
wow! patience on his part, resistance on yours!

You know, after the first marriage didn`t work out, I was very serious about "never again". I could have affairs, but ran away as soon as the man started talking about marriage.

This guy was my neighbour, so I couldn`t ran away far.......:jester:

GMC
12-11-2007, 13:23
Hey good thing, you can combine both of your apartments and have a really big one. Remove some walls or put in some doors. Really.. this guy is definately the one for you. I admire his persistance.
GMC

raza
12-11-2007, 15:52
love is more valuable

RIKO
12-11-2007, 18:39
You mean the Russian? For his patience - he was talking me into it for 10years!!!:thumbsup: Congratulations, nice to hear you had a happy ending. There is too often so much cynicism about these issues,

quincy
12-11-2007, 22:54
You know, after the first marriage didn`t work out, I was very serious about "never again". I could have affairs, but ran away as soon as the man started talking about marriage.

This guy was my neighbour, so I couldn`t ran away far.......:jester:

congratulations! thanks for sharing. On the question of foreign men, especially those who don't live in Russia but arrive in Russia on a short visit, it could be that many who have received little or no love from women in their own countries, when they do receive some attention from Russian women, they are overwhelmed, mistakenly thinking that they have found the love of their lives

Natkin
12-11-2007, 23:03
I hope you are NOT sharing......

quincy
12-11-2007, 23:09
I hope you are NOT sharing......

:confused:please explain!

Natkin
12-11-2007, 23:14
I hope you never had that sad experience to take a light attention as a true love......

quincy
12-11-2007, 23:26
well it doesn't take long to find out if a woman (or a man) is being genuine. I haven't taken a bad decision so far partly because I have familarity with a few different societies (other than the western) but because in western society women are encouraged to deny their feelings and needs, a lot of men from the US, Canada,Holland,UK, Germany etc have been looking for women from other parts of the world only for many of these unfortunate men to fall victim to golddiggers in those countries!

rusmeister
12-11-2007, 23:56
I have no idea why my (Russian) wife married me. 16 years and 3 kids later, I still haven't figured it out.

quincy
12-11-2007, 23:58
if you haven't figured out, don't expect us to help you with that question!

SalTheReturn
13-11-2007, 11:07
thought this thread would have more Russian apologists trying to shoot down the 13% statistic. I'll wait.

Nazar
13-11-2007, 13:35
thought this thread would have more Russian apologists trying to shoot down the 13% statistic. I'll wait.

I will go for reverse.
WHY FOREIGN MEN MARRY RUSSIAN WOMEN -- BECAUSE THEYARE HONEST, FAITHFULL, BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY, CHARMING AND GOOD FRIENDS.
Nazar

SalTheReturn
13-11-2007, 17:13
I will go for reverse.
WHY FOREIGN MEN MARRY RUSSIAN WOMEN -- BECAUSE THEYARE HONEST, FAITHFULL, BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY, CHARMING AND GOOD FRIENDS.
Nazar

not my business but i would say "honesty" it is not really their strongest point:iloveyou:

otherwise how comes they are so often adjectivate with words which are far from representing concepts such as "honesty"?

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 17:34
An interesting poll from the "Russia Today" website:

Poll results
Question:Why do many Russian women marry foreign men?
money 34%
better life 53%
love 13%

http://www.russiatoday.ru/poll/vote/113

Thanks ! The results of this poll proved the rightness of my intuition. I always thought the same. There is the one very famous russian sayng about our women... (((;

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 17:37
Same thing here in 1996 married an American(love), 2004 married Russian.

Love ? In 1996 ? Don't believe...

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 17:42
Hey good thing, you can combine both of your apartments and have a really big one. Remove some walls or put in some doors. Really.. this guy is definately the one for you. I admire his persistance.
GMC

So in your opinion all this broil was about enlarging of live room ? :eek:

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 17:44
Congratulations, nice to hear you had a happy ending.

It's not ending yet ! :confused:

Natkin
13-11-2007, 17:50
It's not ending yet ! :confused:

:eek::eh:

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 17:55
I still haven't figured it out.

Maybe you'll figured it out someday. :yikes:

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 17:56
:eek::eh: :confused:

Korotky Gennady
13-11-2007, 18:03
not my business but i would say "honesty" it is not really their strongest point:iloveyou:

otherwise how comes they are so often adjectivate with words which are far from representing concepts such as "honesty"?

Adjectivate ? Improve your english... Sal. Only Devil knows what you mean...

SalTheReturn
13-11-2007, 19:29
Adjectivate ? Improve your english... Sal. Only Devil knows what you mean...

no actually everyone knows that, there are countries in which the word Russian is straightly translated into that thing

now i would rather avoid having you ranting at me since, as you know, i have lived in russia enough to know that girls there are mostly normal individuals and most of them are nor goldiggers nor cheap chicks

thanks

mino
15-11-2007, 19:44
so while married to the expart u where eyeing others!!!are still doing so??i mean eyeing???:coffee:

GMC
15-11-2007, 20:23
I trust my russian wife more than my first american wife. BUt honesty is a question. Russian "Truth" is not the same as american truth

Hawk
15-11-2007, 21:17
Foreign men, bath twice a day, clean their teeth and wash their clothes, wear their clothes once then wash them, use tissues to blow their noses, they dont clear their sinuses out alloud and spit it out in public. And they have at least 3 inches on the russians, and know how to use it!!!

Natkin
15-11-2007, 22:28
so while married to the expart u where eyeing others!!!are still doing so??i mean eyeing???:coffee:

Excuse me, did you do some maths in school? How many years between 1991 and 2005??? Isn`t it a bit more then 10?

If you pity your expat fellah, I divorced him before starting seeing other men.

Natkin
15-11-2007, 22:30
And they have at least 3 inches on the russians, and know how to use it!!!

Now THAT is the post of the day!!!:evilgrin:

quincy
16-11-2007, 09:52
he could be wrong on both counts! how does he know anyway? a lot of foreign men seem to be mainly good at being loud (is voice level a measure of frustration?)

TGP
17-11-2007, 18:04
well it doesn't take long to find out if a woman (or a man) is being genuine. I haven't taken a bad decision so far partly because I have familarity with a few different societies (other than the western) but because in western society women are encouraged to deny their feelings and needs, a lot of men from the US, Canada,Holland,UK, Germany etc have been looking for women from other parts of the world only for many of these unfortunate men to fall victim to golddiggers in those countries!

They say that any man gets a woman he deserves... or is searching for. I cant say if it's 100% true, but still there is something in this statement.

TGP
17-11-2007, 18:12
Foreign men, bath twice a day, clean their teeth and wash their clothes, wear their clothes once then wash them, use tissues to blow their noses, they dont clear their sinuses out alloud and spit it out in public. And they have at least 3 inches on the russians, and know how to use it!!!

True. (Eh, I mean the first part of the post! :D). But! One may bath several times a day and have "dark heart"; may clean his teeth and say bad things; may wear his clothes once then wash them and do a dirty deed... it's even more repulsive, let alont it is just deceptive.

I better stop now, the serious part of my nature is taking over again :duhhhh:

SalTheReturn
19-11-2007, 19:37
True. (Eh, I mean the first part of the post! :D). But! One may bath several times a day and have "dark heart"; may clean his teeth and say bad things; may wear his clothes once then wash them and do a dirty deed... it's even more repulsive, let alont it is just deceptive.

I better stop now, the serious part of my nature is taking over again :duhhhh:

you hate russian men, dont you?

Italian Lover
19-11-2007, 20:33
I love italian men

quincy
19-11-2007, 20:50
Sal is your man in that case! He returned :D not so long ago!