PDA

View Full Version : How to BACKUP your Passport

phoenixsampras
09-11-2007, 17:34
Hello, im afraid ( i guess as all foreigners) to lose my passport, i heard you can instead walk with a photocopy as backup to show the militzia and gai's , is that truth?. Thanks in advance.

09-11-2007, 18:44
You can do copy but it isn't valid and it will give militsia a reason to... discuss ... :)

phoenixsampras
09-11-2007, 19:24
You can do copy but it isn't valid and it will give militsia a reason to... discuss ... :)

even if the copy is notarised?

09-11-2007, 20:06
It does not change anything.

maori
09-11-2007, 20:37
even if the copy is notarised?No worries,mate.
Just say in plain English looking straight into the cop's eyes:"Back OFF!You wonna your Boss to deal with the Emrassador?"....
It works,believe me...

Clean32
09-11-2007, 20:38
No worries,mate.
Just say in plain English looking straight into the cop's eyes:"Back OFF!You wonna your Boss to deal with the Emrassador?"....
It works,believe me...

LOL are you using your Kiwi passport and not your russian one ???

GMC
20-11-2007, 12:04
If you have a Divers license it may be useful. When driving a car here it is THE PRIMARY document. It is not necessary to produce your passport. The GBDD has the authority to issue the D.L. and the GAI does not have the authority to reject this and is required to accept this document as your identification/registrationdocument.
I don''t know about the normal police, but it would be an option I think.
UI proves your identity, and it proves your registration.

Secondly I always carry a Notarized/translated/ Original of a copy of my passport. You can always argue that the document is notarized by an official of the government.

The police aren't the most intelligent types.

Also if they want to fine you. Insist that they follow protocol and say you will let a judge administer the fine. Inform them that payig the fine is illegal and can only be done thru the courts. THey will give up on attempting to extort a bribe.
GMC

princeowales
23-11-2007, 05:34
THey will give up on attempting to extort a bribe.
GMCOr give you a hard crack up aside your head :)