PDA

View Full Version : Local Passport Desk says...

Proper Bostonian
09-11-2007, 12:50
I finally went to my local Passportny Stol" today and was able to speak with the Deputy Director. I asked her if I have to leave Moscow in 90 days and told that absolutlely I do not; that I can still until June 2008!

I also specifically asked her about my registration which goes through June 2008 and she said that I was fine on all counts - no having to leave 6 months from date of entry.

Unfortunately, the Passport Desk does not deal with temporary residency and she gave me the address where I have to go. However, she said that since I have until June, I should be able to get temporary residency by then.

FYI, those who have written about not requiring proof of a bank account (your or your spouse's) are correct - this is no longer a requirement.

So, the questions remains - what to believe? My American Embassy or my local Passport Desk? God only knows, but until I hear otherwise, I'm staying put & starting my temp. residency.

09-11-2007, 14:01
> I also specifically asked her about my registration which goes through June 2008

So you can stay until June 2008! BUT for new registrations, they are now done for THREE months only.

Proper Bostonian
09-11-2007, 14:09
I already have registration given to me in June of this year good THROUGH June of 2008. I specifically asked her about this is showed her my existing visa & registration received this past June. She says I am fine on both counts through of June 2008 by which time I should have my temp residency, which I haven't started yet.

Based on this information, better to stay here unless informed otherwise until temp residency is completed. That's my take on it.

Bels
09-11-2007, 15:50
I already have registration given to me in June of this year good THROUGH June of 2008. I specifically asked her about this is showed her my existing visa & registration received this past June. She says I am fine on both counts through of June 2008 by which time I should have my temp residency, which I haven't started yet.

Based on this information, better to stay here unless informed otherwise until temp residency is completed. That's my take on it.

You should have enough time for your residency, but I reckon this application is now getting very popular now. Allow sufficient time to get your papers together, police check, apostil etc. And time for your medical checks etc. And then allow up to seven months from application. Yes you have the right to complain after six months. Boy was I sweating on my 7th month of application with all this recent scare mongering on visas.

But I got mine just in time :) Only just though.