PDA

View Full Version : How "Legal or Illegal" Are You?!?!

DPG
15-01-2004, 12:22
If you are living and working in Moscow, or in Russia as a whole for that matter and are not Russian (obviously) select what type of visa and/or work permit you have...

...let's see if the MVD really do have the right to kick the damn lot of us bloodsucking, western scumbags out of the country on ground of not really being allowed to be doing what we are doing here....;)

trebor
15-01-2004, 12:38
How do you know MVD don't monitor this site occasionaly.
Wouldn't be a good idea for all us expats to declare in a public forum that we are here illegaly, now would it?

Limitchik
15-01-2004, 13:01
What's the difference between a commercial visa and a business visa ?

DPG
15-01-2004, 13:10
Commercial visas are multi entry and do not entitle the holder to continuous work in Russia - meant for consultants etc.

Business visas are single or double entry and are issued by companies and do entitle you to work non stop with a 'normal' job.

--at least that's how it was explained to me--

Limitchik
15-01-2004, 13:11
Hmm. I thought they were all "деловые" but maybe you're right.

vikas_ajwani
15-01-2004, 13:33
Even if you are here for Bussiness Visa and without WorkPermit , you can buy it , costly but everything has worth.

Do you know if the registration stamp on your Passport is official and real ? Can you makeout what is real and what is not ?

Jet
15-01-2004, 15:10
Is it possible to "buy" commercial visa and work permit (its the same, right?)?

btw if someone is not working totally legit, its more of a question to the employers than foreigners

DJ Biscuit
15-01-2004, 15:19
And who exactly is gathering this information, and for whom?

DPG
15-01-2004, 16:12
Me, for well, me - considering that my answer to the question is the first field on the poll-list, I can assure you that no-one has anything to worry about!...

Random
17-01-2004, 09:28
You aint seen me ......right !!:D

Jet
17-01-2004, 15:10
DPG, how much does this commercial visa costs?? If there is no work permit attached, wouldn't it be cheaper just to have a regular ME one year visa?? If u don't have work permit, that means your employer doesn't pay taxes on you, right?

DPG
17-01-2004, 23:19
Jet - The commercial visa IS a regular one year ME visa - and you are certainly right that no taxes are paid!;) - but I don't think that this makes me any different from the majority of the russian population (or I guess that paying nothing means that I pay slightly less than them!!).

The prices vary from agency to agency, but the norm for the letter of invitation is about $200...

Jet
17-01-2004, 23:47
... and here I am breaking my head over how to get a work permit, even expecting an employer to think about it for me :)

DPG
17-01-2004, 23:56
Jet, I've always thought that you were russian?? Guess I was wrong!!

Sheepy
20-01-2004, 09:39
Have lots of foreign friends who are married to locals here. Practically all of them have bought a commercial visa in order to stay here with their spouse. Now I'm not an expert on these things but I've been told that it's far less hassle than getting a residency permit. Even heard rumours of later having to apply in order to leave Russia.

Sheepy
20-01-2004, 09:41
PS The ole adage 'when in Rome......" is very appropriate to Russia.

MORPHEUS
22-01-2004, 18:16
Legit accreditation with TPP, according to Labor Ministry, no work permit. According to TPP, все в порядке.

pafckinzhalosta
22-01-2004, 18:23
Im in russia and over 16 so legally i'm legal

im leavin now

lyndsay
17-02-2004, 09:15
How can you be legal when employers refuse to register you as you cost too much? How can you register if your land lord refuses to allow this for fear of taxes? How can you continue to live in this toilet of a country?

Well, you simply run with the system, allow yourself to be robbed by the police, visa services, and everybody else and you will fit right in with the way rest of the country is run..

:eek:

thatdbeme
26-02-2004, 09:09
I've got a vid na zhitelstvo. Russia's equivalent of a Green Card.

DaveUKagain
08-04-2004, 21:14
I should be made illegal, of course. :D Isn`t it amazing how many rules there are to make Russia a safe and friendly environment, but none of its` citizens actually get to find out what those rules are ????

VOLDEMAR
14-05-2004, 12:02
Well if you are a foreigner and want to be here in Mother Russia, its the price you have to PAY!!!

Teutonic Deity
14-05-2004, 13:34
Originally posted by Sheepy
Even heard rumours of later having to apply in order to leave Russia.

This used to be the case, but is now no longer neccessary... this was the main reason I never got a "green card", but I am now looking into it.