PDA

View Full Version : Copy of Diploma

mk182
21-12-2012, 12:40
In order to get a work visa I need a notarized and apostilled copy of my diploma. I went to the notary today and they said that you can't get diplomas notarized. They said the best thing I could do is get a certified copy from the school I graduated at. I then asked if that certified copy could be apostilled and they said no.

So what am I supposed to do? Has anyone had to do this?

Matt24
21-12-2012, 12:44
In order to get a work visa I need a notarized and apostilled copy of my diploma. I went to the notary today and they said that you can't get diplomas notarized. They said the best thing I could do is get a certified copy from the school I graduated at. I then asked if that certified copy could be apostilled and they said no.

It kind of depends on nationality, local notaries cannot certify foreign issued diplomas, what you need to do is appostil (spelling?) it on your home jurisdiction - in the UK there is a special office in Milton Keyenes that does this and the detail is on the UK embassy site / in the US I think you need to apply to the Attorney Generals office of the State in which the diploma was issued

mk182
21-12-2012, 12:54
It kind of depends on nationality, local notaries cannot certify foreign issued diplomas, what you need to do is appostil (spelling?) it on your home jurisdiction - in the UK there is a special office in Milton Keyenes that does this and the detail is on the UK embassy site / in the US I think you need to apply to the Attorney Generals office of the State in which the diploma was issued

Sorry, I should have specified, yes I'm in the US now. Ok so I should just not worry about the notary and have it appostil (yeah its a weird word)?

I guess I can always get it notarized in Russia if they really need it. The appostil is the main thing.

Hans.KK
21-12-2012, 13:01
First you get an Apostille stamp on your diploma in your home country.
Then you get this translated and notarized in Russia.
This is the order that it has to be done.

mk182
21-12-2012, 13:13
Thanks

sophietherese
21-12-2012, 14:13
yes, I agree, the apostille stamp is kind of an important thing here. But in France you can get it from court

Nobbynumbnuts
21-12-2012, 14:17

The best thing to do is speak to your company. I didn't do any of the notarization/apostilled copy of my diplomas. Don't know why, i just handed over all documents to them in Moscow.
They should inform you exactly what they need to process your visa.

Hans.KK
21-12-2012, 16:35
yes, I agree, the apostille stamp is kind of an important thing here. But in France you can get it from courtDifferent countries have different places where the swings the Apostille stamp, and there may also be a difference in which documents they wish to Apostille stamp too.
So not that easy to direct compare between countrys, sorry.

sophietherese
21-12-2012, 17:22
yes, I know... sorry, I'll try to write more usefull posts next time...

Arthuro
21-12-2012, 19:09
First you get an Apostille stamp on your diploma in your home country.
Then you get this translated and notarized in Russia.
This is the order that it has to be done.

Exactly
It's also possible to notarise a translation at Russian consulate in the US