PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Aeroflot sent me a bonus card.

Albertina
08-11-2007, 22:11
I was so pleasantly surprised! Cause it came exactly 1 year after I applied :reindeer::reindeer::reindeer:
Probably my application has been lying in someone's drawer for 11 months and suddenly they found it.

And it looks so cheap ... with the brown globe on the 'faded' blue background. Does not make me feel like showing it to anyone :devil:

Don't know what to do with it now, cause I avoid Sheremetyevo at any cost!

AndreyS
08-11-2007, 22:14
Then keep on flying.

Margo
08-11-2007, 22:50
Congrats!
My story is better - I received the card just about a week ago something like 3 or 4 month after I applied. But the most exciting event was when I occasionally checked my account and found miles for my canadian trip.
If you hate Sheremetievo then you can simply share your miles if there are any with somebody :).
Agree Sheremetievo looses comparing to Domodedovo and even Vnukovo :)

raymond
09-11-2007, 17:14
I got my even Gold Bonus on time

Margo
23-11-2007, 00:13
update
I checked Aeroflot bonus program terms and conditions - you can't give your points to third party, you bound to send it yourself.
So - try to use it at Aeroflot partners and stay at some luxury hotel for example :)

raymond
23-11-2007, 18:42
Yes; you can not give your points to third party but you can get full tkt for your self or you can gift to some one if you have enough miles in your card
Ray

mitam77
23-11-2007, 22:03
You can only get a proper Bonus Card AFTER you clock up 2000 miles +++

Otherwise you can only use the print out version from your web account.....

Albertina
23-11-2007, 22:12
But the last time I flew with Aeroflot was also one year ago. And hopefully will not be using them again

Margo
23-11-2007, 23:15
Is it just because of Scheremetievo? They will soon finish renovation, possibly after that you can change your attitude and return to Aerofot :)
We fly to Vienna on brand new Airbus. But they issued some strange rule - as far as I know now only softdrink are for free during the flight and they don't allow you to drink your alcohol. I know people made it trick quite often - buy something in duty free and then drink all flight and even become dangerous to other passangers and themselves. But having to pay for small bottle of table vine - strange.

Albertina
23-11-2007, 23:20
Why don't you fly with airberlin to Vienna! It's great and from Domodedovo!

Margo
23-11-2007, 23:30
Really don't know, thank you for the idea. Just one explanation - I bought tickets on sale. And Domodedovo is quite far from my place, Scheremetievo closer. But I will check the sight of the airlines you mentioned.

selje
24-11-2007, 22:19
Well, I tried to buy internet tickets from Aeroflot. Just like I expected; It was easy as hell to order and pay. Mainly I did most of the job for them. Then I had to get out and use more time than to order and pay it on Internet and to do the actual flight to wait in line at a the Aeroflot-ticketoffice: then I got the ticket of a rude woman. Oh my god.

P.I.M.P.
26-11-2007, 14:53
I'm pretty happy with the their bonus mile program. Just cashed some miles in for a free business-class ticket to Havana for the May holidays.

1. You have to book wayyy in advance for popular travel times (Winter & May holidays)

2. Not completely free - You have to pay taxes and airport fees on the ticket - not bad at $100 for a $5k ticket