PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper market?

ozesuy
06-11-2007, 02:04
Hi,
I am new comer. Moscow is one of the most expensive city. Where can i buy fresh and cheap fruits, vegetables? Which markest is the cheapest one? I live around Prospest Verdaskogo.Thanx.

leonid
06-11-2007, 03:11
I know there is a little market near exit of Universitet station.(exit without escalator) When i was there last time it wasn't expensive.

ozesuy
06-11-2007, 12:26
Thank you for your response. Could you remember the name? Or coud you give more detail??

Jacob
06-11-2007, 23:58
My knowledge of Moscow is by no means complete, but the cheapest I have found is the yarmarka at Teplyi Stan metro, which is south on the orange line. Quality of the fruits and vegetables is not always guaranteed, especially the very cheapest ones (like the 20 rub/kg tomatoes I bought ...) so I recommend springing for the slightly better but still cheap alternatives.

They also have by far the cheapest nuts and dried fruit in the city, at least that I have found. Nuts are 200-250/kg and fruit is 80-100.

There's also meat, fish, clothes, toiletries, linens, etc. Basically everything except electronics, I think.