PDA

View Full Version : Freelance jobs whilst on a work visa

Papa Smurf
20-11-2012, 13:28
Hi, if one is currently on a work visa attached to a particular employer and another entity wishes to pay for work carried out, how can this be done (legally!) regarding matters such as taxation. If one is a tax resident - not TRP, but within a 12-month period qualifies due to the number of days present - is it straight forward?

Thanks

Tamtammama
22-11-2012, 11:31
Hi, if one is currently on a work visa attached to a particular employer and another entity wishes to pay for work carried out, how can this be done (legally!) regarding matters such as taxation. If one is a tax resident - not TRP, but within a 12-month period qualifies due to the number of days present - is it straight forward?

Thanks

I have the same question. Would greatly appreciate it if you share the information if you get it. Thanks!

Papa Smurf
22-11-2012, 12:43
I have the same question. Would greatly appreciate it if you share the information if you get it. Thanks!

If I get the information, hopefully it will be here for all to see :)

If not, and I find out elsewhere I'll post it here myself.

FatAndy
22-11-2012, 17:37
Hi, if one is currently on a work visa attached to a particular employer and another entity wishes to pay for work carried out, how can this be done (legally!) regarding matters such as taxation.
I have no experience with visas attached jobs, but maybe the info will be useful.
If this second entity is Russian one, they usually just subtract 13% of income tax (for residents) from sums paid to you and pay these taxes to budget themselves, so you do nothing.
If they don't (it depends on agreement between them and you), you as a resident should register in local tax inspection where you live, get INN (taxapayer ID number) and submit tax declaration till the end of Apr next year. They have SW e-form calculating everything, on gosuslugi.ru - you just enter sums at appropriate dates, and print it out. In the declaration you also may make tax exclusions (for example, for medical services or paid education of you or your child).

Then you submit it personally to tax inspection office (this is the most time-consuming operation, it took 2*3 hours for me), they accept and write you payment request which you should pay via Sber or via your bank (till 15 Jul IIRC).

Papa Smurf
22-11-2012, 21:37
That's why you are the most helpful forum member - a very clear answer, thank you.

FatAndy
23-11-2012, 09:01
It is only my own local experience, wait for other replies ;)

George1
14-01-2013, 14:39
nice info