PDA

View Full Version : anyone living in kurskaya area?

nista
05-11-2012, 02:04
I have to leave my flat and thinking to rent somewhere around the center but closer to my work, and kurskaya metro seems to me a perfect location but I have no idea how does living there look like especially that I have a child!
any tips?

Nobbynumbnuts
05-11-2012, 05:16
I have to leave my flat and thinking to rent somewhere around the center but closer to my work, and kurskaya metro seems to me a perfect location but I have no idea how does living there look like especially that I have a child!
any tips?

I haven't lived there but have stayed in the area. Gotta say, from what i remember, it's not one of the best places to stay, especially near the station.

ezik
05-11-2012, 12:06
I wouldn't recommend a place directly next to Kurskaya station, or any train station for that matter.

Around Kurskaya, I'd say, to check any places on e.g. Ulitsa Kazakova, or Gorokhovskiy Per (quite a nice street), or something within Garden Ring. Or areas like Rimskaya or Baumanskaya.

Things have improved around Kurskaya, by the way. It was far worse five or six years ago.

natlee
05-11-2012, 19:00
I lived there for many years, and actually quite liked it. So much within walking distance, like Pokrovka with all it has to offer (from restaurants to the movies) and all the cute little streets with some of the original gorgeous buildings. I lived on Malyi Kazennyi and Yakovoapostolsky pereuloks, both perfectly nice thanks to little to no road noise. Even better if you have no car as parking can be a bit of an issue (what's new?) :) I adore Buloshnaya restaurant on Lyalin pereulok - used to be a bakery we used to shop for bread at, turned into a beautiful cosy place great for both a business lunch and a big celebration. And, of course, there's Atrium, right outside the station.

Having said that... having always lived in the center (well, since I was 9) even I can now (being a mom, that is) see how living in a greener area would be far better for a child...

Nobbynumbnuts
05-11-2012, 19:12
.......Things have improved around Kurskaya, by the way. It was far worse five or six years ago.

Was that since the Boarhouse folded?
I'm only kidding but 5-6 years ago was probably the last time I was hanging in that area.
Glad to hear it's improved, an area with loads of potential........... I sound like a real estate agent!!:rofl:

natlee
05-11-2012, 19:14
an area with loads of potential........... ...is what I was told about my area - am still waiting! :evilgrin:

Nobbynumbnuts
05-11-2012, 19:21
...is what I was told about my area - am still waiting! :evilgrin:

Well, I did say I was talking like a real estate agent!! :10518:

el_ka1
07-11-2012, 02:06
Having said that... having always lived in the center (well, since I was 9) even I can now (being a mom, that is) see how living in a greener area would be far better for a child...

Agree with Natlee. Lived on Lyalin pereulok for years - perfect place for singles or professional couples! Pokrovka is my favorite street. With children you will either need to live closer to Chistye Prudy - there are a couple of small parks or on Staraya-Novaya Basmannaya - as there's Baumansky park there.

When we had children we moved to Sokolniki - 5 mins to the most amazing park (that's going through a massive renovation project) and the metro! Could not have made a better choice and wish we'd done it sooner! Noticeably cleaner air and the area has improved significantly with restaurants and big shops and a Preobrazhensky market down the road with all the nice fresh produce in season!