PDA

View Full Version : there is no progress in English

I will be back
31-10-2012, 17:31
My knowledges and skills like "frozen", espesially speaking skills. Using words I know and discuss themes I can express my thinks and describe all of I mean but often I use sunonims if I dont know specifical wordы. People understand me but if I converce about unknown subject I cant exactly explane my point of view. Or do it clamsy. This is like circle: you do not use everyday reraly words (themes) and you cant discuss it.
The second: I noticed some people with more pure wordstorch then my more flexible and fliently in conversation then me, for example, guides in museums. Why? My question adressed in the first place to dowble-languaged people )))(is there this word?)
Thanks in advance

lacrima
02-11-2012, 19:30
Hello!

No offence, but judging by your letter your main problem is the lack of grammatical skills. The structure of sentences is violated, parts of speech are mixed up, the use of verbal forms is not always correct, the use of articles and prepositions leaves much to be desired, to say nothing of spelling mistakes which are plenty.
No wonder your interlocutors have problems with understanding your speech and you have troubles with expressing your thoughts.
You may broaden your vocabulary by memorizing a number of new words but it won't help.
What you really need is a qualified teacher of English as a foreign language (not necessarily a native speaker) who can explain to you basic rules and train you in using grammar patterns in every day communication.

Speaking a foreign language is an art like dancing or painting, so it requires much patience and constant exercise. Never stop trying and you'll reach the goal!

I hope my advice will help you to master the language.

Good luck!

I will be back
13-11-2012, 16:02
Hi Lacrima,

thank you for answer, newer offence, I asked to have answer)))
If I could I would tie teacher to my hand to practice without stopping. But this is main problem: or this is expencive or needs a lot of time.
Tried to converse by Skype (with ordinary people, not teachers) but sooner or later themes for conversation is running out...

Benedikt
13-11-2012, 19:53
Hi Lacrima,

thank you for answer, newer offence, I asked to have answer)))
If I could I would tie teacher to my hand to practice without stopping. But this is main problem: or this is expencive or needs a lot of time.
Tried to converse by Skype (with ordinary people, not teachers) but sooner or later themes for conversation is running out...

i assume you are in Moscow? if yes, contact the british consulate, go there, and find out what they have to offer. they have free english language courses, free lessons and the like. if speaking is more important to you than reading and writing buy BBC films where they speak correct english. watch and listen to the english language but leave the russian translation on that runs underneath. so you can hear and listen, but still read if you don't understand everything. check out the COMMUNITY service post in the Moscow Times, i think it is on On Thursday. there they have english language clubs, get together and the likes. all for free. use at first what is available for free and than if you feel confident, go for the more complicated.

robertmf
13-11-2012, 20:01
My knowledges and skills like "frozen", espesially speaking skills.

:11629: Это нормально :( I went from 3600 vocabulary to 50 very quickly. Verbs are done.

I will be back
16-11-2012, 16:35
i assume you are in Moscow? if yes, contact the british consulate, go there, and find out what they have to offer. they have free english language courses, free lessons and the like. if speaking is more important to you than reading and writing buy BBC films where they speak correct english. watch and listen to the english language but leave the russian translation on that runs underneath. so you can hear and listen, but still read if you don't understand everything. check out the COMMUNITY service post in the Moscow Times, i think it is on On Thursday. there they have english language clubs, get together and the likes. all for free. use at first what is available for free and than if you feel confident, go for the more complicated.

many thanks, the best advice I have ever seen. Can I push the button "Thansk" twice? :)