PDA

View Full Version : 007 Skyfall in Moscow cinemas

Bursche
29-10-2012, 12:47
Has anyone found/seen it in Moscow cinemas in English? I've checked Pioneer, 35mm and 5 Звёзд на Новокузнецкой, but none of them show it in the original language. I reckon it may be screened at Dome Cinema but this week's schedule is not available yet. Has anyone been there by the way, does it have a decent screen?

robertmf
29-10-2012, 16:17
Has anyone found/seen it in Moscow cinemas in English? I've checked Pioneer, 35mm and 5 Звёзд на Новокузнецкой, but none of them show it in the original language. I reckon it may be screened at Dome Cinema but this week's schedule is not available yet. Has anyone been there by the way, does it have a decent screen?

It has opened in Moscow (not screener copy) ? Skyfall doesn't open until November 9 in the USA.

TolkoRaz
29-10-2012, 16:35
A friend of mine went to see the Premiere in Moscow last week; apparently it is the best Bond film yet! :) I can't wait to see it :)

mds45
29-10-2012, 17:04
A friend of mine went to see the Premiere in Moscow last week; apparently it is the best Bond film yet! :) I can't wait to see it :)

I would say oe day it will be generally accepted that DC is the best Bond ever

antfidel
29-10-2012, 17:41

Best bond is when he goes raging thru St. Petersburg in a tank and destroys a bunch of historical buildings and statues and kills a bunch of innocent cops in the process and is not held accountable for his war crimes against the Russian people. Oh wait, that's basically every Bond ever.

mds45
29-10-2012, 18:12
Best bond is when he goes raging thru St. Petersburg in a tank and destroys a bunch of historical buildings and statues and kills a bunch of innocent cops in the process and is not held accountable for his war crimes against the Russian people. Oh wait, that's basically every Bond ever.

:)))))) having trouble seperating fact from fiction are we ?

antfidel
29-10-2012, 18:27
:)))))) having trouble seperating fact from fiction are we ?

I want my fictional super secret agents to be buried in bureaucracy and constantly hassled by inquiries for unacceptable collateral damage in his latest efforts to thwart nuclear war.

robertmf
29-10-2012, 18:57

Goldeneye tank scene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMX7_z4ixFQ)

TolkoRaz
29-10-2012, 20:58

I think that was probably filmed in Prague or Budapest, but no doubt somebody will correct me.

And don't worry, apart from the occasional stuntperson, people don't actually die or get murdered in Bond Films ;)

As for the odd stuntperson's death, its probably all part of marketing the film!

robertmf
29-10-2012, 21:43
I think that was probably filmed in Prague or Budapest, but no doubt :10475: somebody will correct me.

IMDb.com lists Admiralteysky, St.P. as filming location.

IMhO the tank scene is right up there with the classic car chases in The French Connection and Steve McQueen's Bullitt.

TolkoRaz
29-10-2012, 22:23
Really, I am surprised - I thought it was a mock-up somewhere else.

So, Bond was caught on film in the Rodina! ;) How very careless! ;)

mds45
29-10-2012, 22:37
Really, I am surprised - I thought it was a mock-up somewhere else.

A predictable event since opening the service to grammer school boys !

robertmf
29-10-2012, 23:17

The movie $ is universal :)

Who knows ... someday Russians will be able to visit Disneyland :mml:

Maybe :AngelPray:

TolkoRaz
29-10-2012, 23:24
VVP was serving in Potsdam & Magdeburg when I was also in the area. I have photos of him when he was lowly Colonel - may be one day I will publish them :-)

In the meantime, I just have to accept that he has done much, much better than me! :(

TolkoRaz
29-10-2012, 23:38
A predictable event since opening the service to grammer school boys !

Grammar, dear chap! :p

I think that you will find that those types joined the vastly inferior sister service on the opposite side of the river! :p

robertmf
29-10-2012, 23:41
VVP was serving in Potsdam & Magdeburg when I was also in the area. I have photos of him when he was lowly Colonel -

:9451: Taking photos ? You are lucky you did not get shot :bong:

TolkoRaz
30-10-2012, 00:03
There was a certain US Major who was shot dead!

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/nicholsn.htm

robertmf
30-10-2012, 00:20
There was a certain US Major who was shot dead!

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/nicholsn.htm

An example of the costs being too high for any expected benefits.

TolkoRaz
30-10-2012, 00:25
'Risk versus the Gain' is a very good maxim to live & work by! :10310:

robertmf
30-10-2012, 00:27
'Risk versus the Gain' is a very good maxim to live & work by! :10310:

:10475: Certainly beats getting shot :bong:

mds45
30-10-2012, 00:47

I think that you will find that those types joined the vastly inferior sister service on the opposite side of the river! :p

No one ever gets that joke :)

robertmf
30-10-2012, 00:57

Do you know the long-running British tv series, Spooks aka MI-5 :question:

MI-5 (TV Series 2002– ) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTI5NzQ0ODE5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTc3Njk5._V1._SX100_SY140_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTI5NzQ0ODE5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTc3Njk5@@AMEPARAM@@SX100@@AMEPARAM@@SY140

TolkoRaz
30-10-2012, 11:29
No one ever gets that joke :)

For once, it was not a joke! :p

mds45
30-10-2012, 11:31
For once, it was not a joke! :p

ain't that the truth !!

RichardB
04-11-2012, 11:27

Back to the original question: Does anyone know if it is being shown here in English (Rooskie subs are okay)?

robertmf
04-11-2012, 17:13
Back to the original question: Does anyone know if it is being shown here in English (Rooskie subs are okay)?

The movie doesn't even come out until Nov 9 in the US (Nov 22nd in OZ), so any print would be a "screener". I'm not so sure a legit movie theater would take the chance to show a screener to the public.

RichardB
04-11-2012, 18:36
The movie doesn't even come out until Nov 9 in the US (Nov 22nd in OZ), so any print would be a "screener". I'm not so sure a legit movie theater would take the chance to show a screener to the public.

The official release date for Russia is 1st Nov

martpark
04-11-2012, 19:11
It opened in IMAX on the 26th of Oct. Go to M Rechnoy Vokzhal, catch the free bus to the shopping centre. Not sure if they show it in English. This may be the next best thing. http://www.nescafe-imaxcinema.ru/

robertmf
04-11-2012, 19:38
It opened in IMAX on the 26th of Oct.

I feel vaguely insulted by the opening in Moscow before here.

:confused: There must be a studio $money$ reason, but I can't figure out what it would be ...

Skyfall will be on the torrent sites before showing in the theaters here.

martpark
04-11-2012, 20:19

:confused: There must be a studio $money$ reason, but I can't figure out what it would be ...

Skyfall will be on the torrent sites before showing in the theaters here.

It's to test the likely success. Huge response abroad, more cinema openings in the States, I guess. They are hedging their bets.

RichardB
04-11-2012, 20:25

It's nice to see the US at the bottom of the pile (just above AUS and NZ who get it on the 22nd Nov)

:)

http://www.skyfall-movie.com/releasedates/

robertmf
04-11-2012, 20:38
It's to test the likely success. Huge response abroad, more cinema openings in the States, I guess. They are hedging their bets.

The Ian Flemming heirs still hold sway over the franchise, so it's $considered$ an Euro movie; and so release to the Euros before the Colonials :sunny:

The BBC/America certainly thinks so with it's Bond movie marathons :)

martpark
04-11-2012, 21:49
The Ian Flemming heirs still hold sway over the franchise, so it's $considered$ an Euro movie; and so release to the Euros before the Colonials :sunny:

The BBC/America certainly thinks so with it's Bond movie marathons :)

Film bosses determine release dates and Skyfall is distributed by MGM/Columbia. Films can released in the opposite way also.

Here's an informed answer:

Part of the reason is that films get more publicity in the US and this has a knock on effect when released in the UK - it gives word of mouth a chance to spread. A while back I wanted to take a friend to a small film in the UK - he wasn't interested as he had never heard of it. When the film was later released in the US and was a surprise hit, the same friend wanted to know "when is it coming out here, I want to see it" but by then it was long gone from cinemas.

For smaller films especially, only a limited number of prints are struck (they are very expensive) and these are shown in US cinemas and then shipped to the UK when they have played out, to save making more prints.

And actually its not all all unusual for even British films to open in the US first, especially if they are regarded as commercial.

There are an increasing number of films which now run against the trend however. In the last year some examples of US films which opened in the UK first are -

Lucky Number Slevin

Running Scared

An American Haunting

and the current "Smokin' Aces"

Another reason is the other films on release. Studios often don't want to compete with blockbusters or release similar films around the same time, and, conversely, sometimes want to offer an alternative to whatever the current major release is.

In the case of films hoping for awards, companies want to release films they hope will win awards as close to the end of the qualifying period as possible, so they will be fresh in voters minds. To qualify for an Oscar in the US a film has to be released before the end of the year, however in the UK films can still qualify for the UK Academy Awards (BAFTAS) if they are released in January or February, so we tend to get award winning or nominated films later. Also, studios want to release films internationally if they hope the will have garnered publicity from nominations. As schedules are made up months in advance, we in the UK tend to get any films that were ever hoped to be awrds contenders later than the US.

robertmf
04-11-2012, 22:19
For smaller films especially, only a limited number of prints are struck (they are very expensive) and these are shown in US cinemas and then shipped to the UK when they have played out, to save making more prints.

Prints ? Do you mean like, on reels of celluloid film :question:

:yikes: My my. I thought all distribution was digital these-a-days.

martpark
04-11-2012, 22:36
Prints ? Do you mean like, on reels of celluloid film :question:

:yikes: My my. I thought all distribution was digital these-a-days.

In cinemas, it seems still celluloid.

"The reason why movie producers are still using this technology is, it the only option to display and movie in large cinema screen. Celluloid films are having unlimited number of pixels theoretically. If you have good optics, you can expand the frame in to any larger screen. In theater this celluloid film fill will be developed as a “positive” which contain video frames in transparent film and it will be run in the given speed in projector with the aid of optical system to zoom it in to standard cine screen. And latest celluloid films are capable of capturing very accurate colors. Due to that some video producers are using celluloid film even to record videos prepared for television broadcasting."

Trico
05-11-2012, 21:16
Does anyone know of a cinema in Moscow showing the new Bond film in English? All the ones I've looked up are only showing the dubbed version.

martpark
05-11-2012, 21:49
Doesn't seem to be on in Eng.

http://themoscownews.com/films/20121101/190793147.html

Probe
05-11-2012, 22:34
None so far but if anyone hears of one please update this thread

NeverLIT
09-11-2012, 15:29
Does anyone know of a cinema in Moscow showing the new Bond film in English? All the ones I've looked up are only showing the dubbed version.

I know only two cinemas in english, the first placed on Prospekt Mira station.
And the second called 35mm placed on 47/24 Pokrovka st., between Kurskaya and Krasnie vorota metro stations.
Here is website for 35mm also available in english: .kino35mm.ru/en

.domecinema.ru -cinema's website. All information there . Price is approx. 200-300R.

mds45
09-11-2012, 17:14
I was lucky enough to be in London this week and saw it Wednesday - it's great so worth waiting for !! I can't wait to see it again here in Moscow !

natlee
09-11-2012, 18:34
I was lucky enough to be in London this week and saw it Wednesday - it's great so worth waiting for !! I can't wait to see it again here in Moscow ! Really? Cause I saw it in London last week and it was alright, but didn't care much for the ending - could've worked better on that! My friend wasn't impressed either... And DC is nowhere near as sexy to me as some of the others ;)

mds45
09-11-2012, 23:02
Yep I agree the ending could have been better but disagree that DC isn't goood I think he is the best Bond ever :) It was still really enjoyable, and I went to the cinema in Fulham Broadway and was completely alone :) it was heaven, mind you it was also 11.30 in the morning :)

Judge
09-11-2012, 23:09
Anyone knows when the film will be shown here in English?

Agree with DC being a decent Bond, 2nd to Connery for me...I've been hearing that Skyfall is up there with some of the best Bond films, close to Dr No.

natlee
09-11-2012, 23:09
Yep I agree the ending could have been better but disagree that DC isn't goood I think he is the best Bond ever :) It was still really enjoyable, and I went to the cinema in Fulham Broadway and was completely alone :) it was heaven, mind you it was also 11.30 in the morning :) I saw it at Odeon, enjoyed it overall, but being a man you have no say in the sexiest James Bond :p DC is good, but I find TD much sexier, for instance :)

robertmf
10-11-2012, 02:58
... Agree with DC being a decent Bond, 2nd to Connery for me...I've been hearing that Skyfall is up there with some of the best Bond films, close to Dr No.

I haven't decided yet on Connery or Craig as "the best" ... but in either case it will be very very difficult to beat Ursula Andress coming out of the ocean in Dr. No. eh wot :mml:

She started the bikini revolution :trampoline:

007 Ultimate Bond Girl - YouTube

Still :tgif: in USA

mds45
10-11-2012, 13:03
I saw it at Odeon, enjoyed it overall, but being a man you have no say in the sexiest James Bond :p DC is good, but I find TD much sexier, for instance :)

TD ? He was a diaster IMHO :) and I have no insight in to DC 's level of sexyness thank god :)