PDA

View Full Version : Post Deletion

rubyrussia
22-10-2012, 10:37
What are the forum rules or policy for post deletion?

Judge
22-10-2012, 10:40
Insulting , off-topic ,trolling, spamming posts or posts that are just posted to stir up trouble usually get deleted.Posts that break the forum rules get deleted.
Myself(can't speak for other mods) ,I send a PM to the member who had a post deleted, to let them know.

C. Posting rules

15. Post your message in the appropriate forum, there are a wide range of topics which should cover just about everything.
16. DO NOT post the same message in more than one forum - this will result in ALL copies of your message being deleted.
17. Soliciting and offering illegal goods or services is NOT ALLOWED and may result in immediate banning or infraction.
18. DO NOT resurrect old threads. If you want to discuss something which you have found in the archives, start a new thread on that subject. Any thread with no activity for over a month is considered old.
19. No Personal information should be posted on the site - this includes telephone numbers and email addresses. Posts including personal info WILL be edited or simply deleted. Non-personal contact info may be posted, such as how to contact a business, restaurant, embassy, taxi, etc..
20. Please use proper English when posting. It is NOT ok to post using internet speak/slang and/or abbreviated words. Such posts will be either edited or deleted. Exceptions to this are standard acronyms such as LOL, ROFL, etc.., which are more "shortcuts" than slang. Example --> "LOLZ...!!! dat wuz funny!!", or using "u" instead of "you"... a bit of common sense here goes a long way.
21. The official language of these forums is English. If you wish to post something in Russian, please post it HERE. Posts made in Russian or any language other than English in any other forum will be treated as spam.
22. Anything posted on the site becomes the property of Expat.ru and cannot be reproduced without permission.

E. Moderation

28. The Admin team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
29. We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
30. We also reserve the right to ban anyone at any time without explanation.
31. Reposting something that a mod/admin has already moderated is grounds for an instant ban.
32. While the forum rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
33. All members are kindly requested to report posts or messages that violate the forum rules.

rubyrussia
22-10-2012, 10:56
Thanks Judge.

So how do you decide who gets their post simply deleted and who gets banned?

Judge
22-10-2012, 11:04
Thanks Judge.

So how do you decide who gets their post simply deleted and who gets banned?

Deleted post, sometimes you know which way a thread is going, take Richard's thread about offering to bring something back from the UK. Jas tried to have a pop at him, post was deleted cos I knew it would stir things up.Richard posted what I deleted ''31. Reposting something that a mod/admin has already moderated is grounds for an instant ban.'' But I aint that bad, the thread then went it's usual way with them two, so many more off topic and insulting posts were deleted...
That's just one example.

For more info see here, why posts and people get banned.

http://expat.ru/forum/rules.php

RichardB
22-10-2012, 11:06
Deleted post, sometimes you know which way a thread is going, take Richard's thread about offering to bring something back from the UK. Jas tried to have a pop at him, post was deleted cos I knew it would stir things up.Richard posted what I deleted ''31. Reposting something that a mod/admin has already moderated is grounds for an instant ban.'' But I aint that bad, the thread then went it's usual way with them two, so many more off topic and insulting posts were deleted...
That's just one example.

For more info see here, why posts and people get banned.

http://expat.ru/forum/rules.php

My mother always said I'd be an example to others :D

RichardB
22-10-2012, 11:11
Richard posted what I deleted ''31. Reposting something that a mod/admin has already moderated is grounds for an instant ban.

I had no way of knowing if the post had been deleted by the admin team or if Jas had asked to have the post removed so how was I to know?

Maybe in future the original offending reply should be left in place, have the text removed and a simple note added saying something like "Remove by admin team" with the reason given?

Judge
22-10-2012, 11:17
I had no way of knowing if the post had been deleted by the admin team or if Jas had asked to have the post removed so how was I to know?

Maybe in future the original offending reply should be left in place, have the text removed and a simple note added saying something like "Remove by admin team" with the reason given?

You're right, would have been best to leave a note.
but either way, there was no need for you to post about it, after you saw her off topic post deleted.
''Awww.... Jas had posted "Sad" here earlier this morning and I was about to reply to her but the mods have obviously deleted her comment.''
anyways, from it, you ended up setting up a pub meeting, so not all bad.
You have Jas to thank for that:smokin:

rubyrussia
22-10-2012, 12:55
Thanks for the explanation Judge.

This question is to Martpark if he wants to respond, if not, that's fine. (I'm assuming it was Martpark who banned him.) I noticed that PeppermintPaddy was banned for swearing in Bardak.

Judge
22-10-2012, 14:34
That ban was a mistake from our side ,forgot the post was in bardak.Once the mistake was noticed the ban was reversed straight away.

rubyrussia
22-10-2012, 18:16
It still says Sin Bin under his name. Was an apology made?

Judge
22-10-2012, 18:51
It still says Sin Bin under his name. Was an apology made?

then there must be a glitch with the sin bin if it shows up near his name.
I don't know if someone said sorry to him, maybe a pm was sent to him explaining what happened,he was only banned for a few hours.
Ezik will check about this glitch.

robertmf
22-10-2012, 19:18
then there must be a glitch with the sin bin if it shows up near his name.
I don't know if someone said sorry to him, maybe a pm was sent to him explaining what happened,he was only banned for a few hours.
Ezik will check about this glitch.

On peppermintpaddy [Profile] (http://expat.ru/forum/member.php?u=1752366703) there is a sin bin icon.

Tony P
22-10-2012, 19:33
PeppermintPaddy was banned for swearing in Bardak.

Hardly swearing - the word was "bulls*it", he told me.

The word is listed in all versions of the Oxford English Dictionary as a slang, not an obscenity, meaning "nonsence" and dates back to the 17th centuary.

Site rules say we must use English. OED not proper English?

I think it is good enough for open forum - and certainly Bardak.

Another example of poor unconsidered moderating, in my view. There seems great inconsistency in deleting and moderating both in general application and attitude of individual Mods, with a keenness to 'excusing' some posters and not others.
MHO - of course!

robertmf
22-10-2012, 19:44
Another example of poor unconsidered moderating, in my view. There seems great inconsistency in deleting and moderating both in general application and attitude of individual Mods, with a keenness to 'excusing' some posters and not others.
MHO - of course!

Power to the people ! Ban the Banners (sic)

Hey, shiat happens. Murphy's Law says so :)

Anytime anybody does anything, mistakes happen ... or in American words, you get what you pay for.

rubyrussia
22-10-2012, 19:45
Power to the people ! Ban the Banners (sic)

Hey, shiat happens. Murphy's Law says so :)

Anytime anybody does anything, mistakes happen ... or in American words, you get what you pay for.

Robertfm,

Are you sure? We could try paying them. Do you think there would really be a difference? I mean, we could try paying another particular member that I have in mind. Do you think there would be much of a difference? :)

robertmf
22-10-2012, 20:11
Robertfm,

Are you sure? We could try paying them. Do you think there would really be a difference? I mean, we could try paying another particular member that I have in mind.

Do you think there would be much of a difference? :)

No.

$pay$ might be possible with more sponsors (and more ads in your face), but charging Member $dues$ would certainly kill the forum.

rubyrussia
22-10-2012, 22:05
It was a joke.

robertmf
22-10-2012, 22:14
It was a joke.

A joke ? :neiner: Besides TolkoRaz, whoever heard of humour on a Russian forum

Judge
22-10-2012, 22:37
Hardly swearing - the word was "bulls*it", he told me.

The word is listed in all versions of the Oxford English Dictionary as a slang, not an obscenity, meaning "nonsence" and dates back to the 17th centuary.

Site rules say we must use English. OED not proper English?

I think it is good enough for open forum - and certainly Bardak.

MHO - of course!

Like I said, it was a mistake... PP posted a comment that got him an infraction, he reposted it, yes it was in bardak section(mistake made) and the ban was reversed (matter of hours) when Ezik was online.
If PP is having problems with posting he can PM Ezik about this..

Tony P
22-10-2012, 22:49
If PP is having problems with posting he can PM Ezik about this..
He does not know if he is having problems posting - simply because he is p155ed off with things over here and not trying to post.

I do know he can't be bothered with ExPatRu, for the timebeing at least, due to actions of one Mod in particular.

Another sad loss.

Who next?

TolkoRaz
22-10-2012, 22:58
TonyP, Lets be fair here - If PepperMintPaddy was a less antagonistic poster, perhaps the Admin / Mod in question might have have given the post more time and consideration.

In my mind, he was heading for a period in the sin bin anyway, although I agree it should not have been for swearing :book:

Tony P
22-10-2012, 23:31
TonyP, Lets be fair here - If PepperMintPaddy was a less antagonistic poster, perhaps the Admin / Mod in question might have have given the post more time and consideration.

In my mind, he was heading for a period in the sin bin anyway, although I agree it should not have been for swearing :book:

So?
Hanging a person for stealing a goat instead of a sheep is OK?
(Apologies to Sashadidi !!)

TolkoRaz
22-10-2012, 23:35
As I wrote, IMHO it should not have been for swearing :10310:

I hope that is now clear! :)

And, only Pheasants should be hung! ;)

Yes, I did mean Pheasants, not Peasants! :p

Tony P
23-10-2012, 00:00
And, only Pheasants should be hung!
Fully aware of that, but I used the present participle that is the same for both uses of the verb. :neiner:

robertmf
23-10-2012, 00:38

:iagree: He's got time-in-grade seniority on my :10475: [Ignore List]. So does the She-who-shall-be-unnamed, for that matter :11158:

How did this thread increase entropy from the Sin Bin to gourmet pheasant under glass :question:

TolkoRaz
23-10-2012, 08:50
Fully aware of that, but I used the present participle that is the same for both uses of the verb. :neiner:

Now you are confusing me with your superior understanding of your English grammar! :eek:

sashadidi
23-10-2012, 09:11
A

And, only Pheasants should be hung! ;)

Yes, I did mean Pheasants, not Peasants! :p

I am a well hung peasant....

TolkoRaz
23-10-2012, 09:31
Are we twin brothers? ;)

sashadidi
23-10-2012, 09:41
Are we twin brothers? ;)

we may be twins but I am the bigger brother.....

ezik
24-10-2012, 16:58
Apparently a software glitch...

On peppermintpaddy [Profile] (http://expat.ru/forum/member.php?u=1752366703) there is a sin bin icon.