PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Residency- NEW LAW

Dirtylooks
30-10-2007, 22:50
Could someone please provide me with information about the office where to get the application for Temporary Residency, phone number, address and any possible details about the process, whether or not I'm allow to remain in Russian territory with the current 1 year ME Business Visa while the Temporary Residency is approved. I'm married to a Russian citizen. Is there a way to speed up this process.

Thank you.

dagar
31-10-2007, 16:31
you should speak to your wife, organisation giving temp permision is yvir.

Clean32
31-10-2007, 17:37
Could someone please provide me with information about the office where to get the application for Temporary Residency, phone number, address and any possible details about the process, whether or not I'm allow to remain in Russian territory with the current 1 year ME Business Visa while the Temporary Residency is approved. I'm married to a Russian citizen. Is there a way to speed up this process.

Thank you.

Your local federal migration office, or OVIR on old world. and yes any legal visa. get you wife to locate the office , you didnt state where you are so ???

jcmuro
07-11-2007, 23:49
What's the russian for 'temporary residence visa'?
I want to say to my g/f there to inquire in the OVIR for how to get it.

Margo
08-11-2007, 00:04
I guess you don't need to tell her what the russian for 'temp res', she will get it herself. Just go and ask in OVIR very often one can simply ask people in line (or queue :)) which most probably be there and she'll get tons of info :).

Dietrich
08-11-2007, 10:42
Doublepost

Dietrich
08-11-2007, 10:43
What's the russian for 'temporary residence visa'?
I want to say to my g/f there to inquire in the OVIR for how to get it.

разрешения на временное проживание

For more information, your wife (or you if you can read that much russian) can look in at
here (http://www.mid.ru/brp_4.nsf/0/C952E5476E3A4D8CC32572620045068B)

thva
10-11-2007, 23:57
unfortunately, this link is only about the procedures for those entering without a visa (CIS citizens) -
do you have a link to the info for the rest of us?

11-11-2007, 09:35

Thank you.

There is an advert in a lot of metro wagons with the list of the 8 (I think 8) offices of the Federal Migration Services, address and phone number. Maybe I should make a pic and post it here as this question often comes?!

Asking a RP does not give any more right with your visa. Anyway you do not need to stay in Russia after you applied and before it is accepted.

Being married to a Russian citizen is a good thing but does not help to get the permit, in theory. What is more important - and critical - is to have a place to live. If your wife (or you) is owner of an apartment, or if your wife has her propiska here, it is ok. (You must apply in the FMS office of the area where you will live, so where the propiska is, or where your apartment is).

About the process all has already been said here XX times: get the blanks in the FMS (2 copies) and fill them, submit a marriage certificate, a copy of your passport, a criminal record from your native country, go to the medical tests (the FMS will give you the list of the places to go) and get the final spravka, pay the 400 rub fee (the FMS will give you the bank payment paper), give all the documents to the FMS and wait about 5 to 6 months.

You can speed the process BUT it will never take less than 3 to 4 months. Unless you really motivate the people at a high level... But if you go this way, be sure to receive a REAL and LEGIT document, not something printed at home by a Photoshop artist!

Proper Bostonian
11-11-2007, 09:47
[QUOTE=Guest;308791]There is an advert in a lot of metro wagons with the list of the 8 (I think 8) offices of the Federal Migration Services, address and phone number. Maybe I should make a pic and post it here as this question often comes?!

Yes, please do take the photo & publish it - it would be very helpful!

ezik
12-11-2007, 18:53
Please note, that your Embassy is actually in many cases an authorised body to provide you with all certificates (notarised). As I don't see any court apostilles in the process, you could probably easily do it without having to go back home and join queues there. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Guest, good post, man. Thanks!

Bels
12-11-2007, 19:53
Please note, that your Embassy is actually in many cases an authorised body to provide you with all certificates (notarised). As I don't see any court apostilles in the process, you could probably easily do it without having to go back home and join queues there. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Guest, good post, man. Thanks!

I had to receive my police by post from UK to Russia. I then had to send it back again to another authority to get it apostilled and then returned back to me by DHL.

But at least I did it all by staying in Russia.

12-11-2007, 21:47
Just something that must be told, even if...

Courrier services (Fedex, DHL etc) since a few months do not allow to send documents as passports but also BIRTH CERTIFICATES! It is in theory illegal to send or receive such documents by courrier service, in Russia.

Courrier companies abroad generally check and will automatically decline the enveloppe if there is a passport. For BC I think it can be "hidden" among other documents. A Swiss friend just got in trouble last month, Fedex didn't accept a sending to him in Peterburg, with a BC. The sender finally went to DHL and put the BC inside a few letters...

Bels
12-11-2007, 21:55
Believe me, I got my police check sent, and then returned with an apostille,. but yes probably different with passports etc.

An idea I thought of was for the police to send it to be apostiled. However they will refuse as they will only post to the address of whom they are convinced is you. Something to do with to do with data protection acts.

Very funny I think, as we make it rather public when we start sending it to another authority.

Bels
12-11-2007, 22:11
For birth certificate, divorce papers etc there is an appropriate web site where you can apply and get your documents by normal post. That is for Brits and I would assume other countries have the same service. Warning! I would be aware when making searches and end up with agencies who will promise you documents from any country and charge you a much higher fee.

tgma
13-11-2007, 18:23
By the way, I believe that the UK consulate will apostille certificates of police records - which will save you running around doing it in the UK. Then you can get a notarised translation here.

Bels
13-11-2007, 18:27
By the way, I believe that the UK consulate will apostille certificates of police records - which will save you running around doing it in the UK. Then you can get a notarised translation here.

No, they don't do it. The office is in England I'm afraid. Post it to the correct dept in the UK. Don't take my word for, phone up the British Embassy and ask them.

Bels
13-11-2007, 21:01
A business visa, 90 days out and ninety days out, rather difficult for those married to a Russian with children for exampleo join, and who are applying for a residency. So while waiting for the acceptance of the residency they have to leave the country for ninet days and then to re-unite with their Russian family again

So, those married to a Russian, and applying for a residency, how are they going to deal with this residency application and live like a family in the meantime waiting for the acceptance of the Residency. Which nowadays might well take longer than six months.

The obvious answer is probably go for the private invitation visa. Which is only for three months, and then you have to leave the country and re-apply. Very inconvenient for a married couple with a family. Has there, or will there be any changes on this private invitation?

A great idea would be to extend the personal invitation visa to a year instead of this silly 3 month period. And give resisidency applicants a chance to apply for this residency.

VladSkywolf
14-11-2007, 04:21
The obvious answer is probably go for the private invitation visa. Which is only for three months, and then you have to leave the country and re-apply. Very inconvenient for a married couple with a family. Has there, or will there be any changes on this private invitation?

Actually this was the suggestion given to my wife by the local head of FMS here, which she went ahead and did. Bear in mind that processing times for these types of invitations are usually longer than for business visas.

Anyhow it seems we won't need it - I left the country two days ago and when I returned I received a 90 day registration (my visa was issued in May and I've been here since early June). They said they still haven't received clear rules regarding old visas (but definitely received the rules for new visas) but when/if they get instructions that the law doesn't apply retroactively, we can go back and they'll extend the registration for the full 6 months.

A great idea would be to extend the personal invitation visa to a year instead of this silly 3 month period. And give resisidency applicants a chance to apply for this residency.

Agreed, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it. :D

Bels
14-11-2007, 22:11
I keep getting asked about the Police check address here and pm. AndI keep forgetting where I put it. The police is actually called a subject access form for immigration purposes.

Here it is again,

Metropolitan Police Service - Your rights to information index (http://www.met.police.uk/information/request_forms.htm)

After you receive it you will need to get it apostilled in The UK, to another address. Crazy I know.

For apostil of any documents you require including police checks in the UK this is the address:

Documents We Can Legalise Foreign & Commonwealth Office (http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029391458)

And then get it translated.