PDA

View Full Version : Could you Survive a Russian Prison?

Jas
16-10-2012, 13:00
The Partner has a friend in a penal colony who just got released after serving three years for fraud. Anyhow, she came round to the flat and I got a first hand account of life in a Russian prison. Seems she got TB in there and is now on serious meds (U can imagine how that bit freaked me out and the Partner turned pale). The prison was in Tula- hundreds of kilos from Kazan and impossible for her to receive visits. Next? It seems parcel gifts got stolen routinely. Cells were crowded at up to four sharing the same living space and fights was pretty common.
Now u know there are some things u can handle and some things u can't? I can tell u straight... getting banged up wud drive me totally out of me mind. I dunno how that girl done 3 years and still came out sane.

Cud u guys handle a Russian prison do u think?

FatAndy
16-10-2012, 13:16
Depends on the regime, the camp/colony administration and skills of imprisoned person.

Benedikt
16-10-2012, 13:42
Depends on the regime, the camp/colony administration and skills of imprisoned person.

so for sure i will get a nice job in the kitchen. and improve the prison slop. just would be than afraid they might want to keep me there longer and reject my plea for parole or early release for good behavior.

FatAndy
16-10-2012, 14:10
Well, every person who has skills applicable for everyday needs of the organisation where many people work, will live not bad in colony. Not only cook/chef, but carpenter-joiner-roofer-bricklayer-electrician-plumber, car mechanic/repairer, book-keepers, accountants, etc.

Benedikt
16-10-2012, 14:15
Well, every person who has skills applicable for everyday needs of the organisation where many people work, will live not bad in colony. Not only cook/chef, but carpenter-joiner-roofer-bricklayer-electrician-plumber, car mechanic/repairer, book-keepers, accountants, etc.

you have it made right from the beginning....

FatAndy
16-10-2012, 14:47
Not yet, Benedikt ;)

okiey
16-10-2012, 15:58
The Partner has a friend in a penal colony who just got released after serving three years for fraud. Anyhow, she came round to the flat and I got a first hand account of life in a Russian prison. Seems she got TB in there and is now on serious meds (U can imagine how that bit freaked me out and the Partner turned pale). The prison was in Tula- hundreds of kilos from Kazan and impossible for her to receive visits. Next? It seems parcel gifts got stolen routinely. Cells were crowded at up to four sharing the same living space and fights was pretty common.
Now u know there are some things u can handle and some things u can't? I can tell u straight... getting banged up wud drive me totally out of me mind. I dunno how that girl done 3 years and still came out sane.

When it comes to survival, humans have an incredible ability for endurance. So, I would say, yes.

mrzuzzo
16-10-2012, 18:59

Think about your lesbo fantasies though, you're in a confined space with other women and no men around! It's the perfect life for you!

Jas
16-10-2012, 19:03
I always think like this.... "What u lose when u go to jail wud be the thing that plays on ure mind the most."
So for me, it's the relationships, the freedom, the right to c ure mum, even though cos I live in Russia- already I have lost many of those things. But even so, if push comes to shove, I can just choose to go back home, whereas in prison, all those choices are just gone.
Also, it's the petty things that would grate on me nerves, like snoring of cell mates, the food, and not getting access to stuff I need to relax like long, lonely walks. Even writing paper to write! Imagine that.
Sex? Er, I suppose that's the one thing I wud get in prison.... but who wud want it under those circumstances? It wud be the last thing on me mind.
I think I am totally afraid of prison u can say... and maybe that's a good thing also cos it means I won't do bad stuff.

Jas
16-10-2012, 19:05
Think about your lesbo fantasies though, you're in a confined space with other women and no men around! It's the perfect life for you!

I hope ure joking cos that sounds seriously messed up.

mrzuzzo
16-10-2012, 19:08

I hope you reconsider that "nothing crimes" such as stealing and drugs are ok and never end up in such an institution.

Jas
16-10-2012, 19:12
I hope you reconsider that "nothing crimes" such as stealing and drugs are ok and never end up in such an institution.

Do u go to prison for "nothing" crimes? Er, of course not. How do u think they got their name?

Jas
16-10-2012, 19:16
I wud say drugs and stuff are not nothing crimes cos u might be dealing or smuggling. But if ure just using some draw for ureself, or even if u got issues and got into smack (that's not the Russian food retailer-bistro), I mean gear, then that's another- no way shud u get done cos first- u got issues and second- addiction needs treatment not punishment. Like Parveen, court cudn't send her down even and she walked. And that's right.

FatAndy
16-10-2012, 20:21
I wud say drugs and stuff are not nothing crimes cos u might be dealing or smuggling. But if ure just using some draw for ureself, or even if u got issues and got into smack (that's not the Russian food retailer-bistro), I mean gear, then that's another- no way shud u get done cos first- u got issues and second- addiction needs treatment not punishment. Like Parveen, court cudn't send her down even and she walked. And that's right.

Yeah. Taking narcotic substances w/o prescription is subject of administrative punishment in RF (КоАП):

Статья 6.9. Потребление наркотических средств или психотропных веществ без назначения врача

1. Потребление наркотических средств или психотропных веществ без назначения врача, за исключением случаев, предусмотренных частью 3 статьи 20.20, статьей 20.22 настоящего Кодекса, - влечет наложение административного штрафа в размере от четырех тысяч до пяти тысяч рублей или административный арест на срок до пятнадцати суток.

2. То же действие, совершенное иностранным гражданином или лицом без гражданства, - влечет наложение административного штрафа в размере от четырех тысяч до пяти тысяч рублей с административным выдворением за пределы Российской Федерации либо административный арест на срок до пятнадцати суток с административным выдворением за пределы Российской Федерации.
;)

robertmf
16-10-2012, 22:41
When it comes to survival, humans have an incredible ability for endurance. So, I would say, yes.

The Gulag Archipelago Volume 1: An Experiment in Literary Investigation (P.S.): Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn: 9780061253713: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RJiysfE9L.@@AMEPARAM@@41RJiysfE9L

Shooters
18-10-2012, 16:27
Russian prisons are not that bad comparing to French ones, and probably US ones. As we always say "In Russia ALL is possible!". In prison too, assuming we learn how to navigate :)

robertmf
18-10-2012, 16:34
Russian prisons are not that bad comparing to French ones, and probably US ones. As we always say "In Russia ALL is possible!". In prison too, assuming we learn how to navigate :)

:7525:

Papillon (1973) - IMDb@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTM1ODY0ODgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcwMDAzMQ@@._V1._SX100_SY139_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BOTM1ODY0ODgwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcwMDAzMQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SX100@@AMEPARAM@@SY139
Papillon -Welcome to Devil's Island - YouTube

mrzuzzo
18-10-2012, 17:01
Russian prisons are not that bad comparing to French ones

You'd know this from first hand experience.

Why are French prisons bad?

onetimer
19-10-2012, 11:42
I dont think I would be able to; I am under 5 feet tall and sometimes find myself out of place even in the streets of Moscow.

Jas
19-10-2012, 12:05
I dont think I would be able to; I am under 5 feet tall and sometimes find myself out of place even in the streets of Moscow.

I'm not tall also and I don't think I could handle it at all.

MickeyTong
19-10-2012, 12:30
Apparently, this guy has a great time in prison and never wants to leave.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ntbafd.jpg

okiey
19-10-2012, 12:35
I'm not tall also and I don't think I could handle it at all.

Spare a thought for me, I'm really handsome

Korotky Gennady
20-10-2012, 20:52
Jas, I don't think that american or french or pakistanian prisons are better place than russian ones... :))))

Korotky Gennady
20-10-2012, 20:53
Apparently, this guy has a great time in prison and never wants to leave.

] Every man can get a great experience in the prison.

TolkoRaz
20-10-2012, 21:17
I could survive prison as long as I was forced to share a prison cell with BabyGirl and natlee - the competition would be awesome! :D

I would of course invite Jas, but she tells me that she does not like men - the other girls might find it exhausting fighting both her and me off them! :D

Shooters
20-10-2012, 23:28
You'd know this from first hand experience.

Don't believe what you read in the media (and especially on expatru and the other-soon-to-disappear-site)! I will offer you a dedicated copy of the soon to come book that will explain a few things :)

Why are French prisons bad?

I have connections, I can make you stay one or 2 months there so you can judge by yourself :)

Korotky Gennady
21-10-2012, 00:33
I could survive prison as long as I was forced to share a prison cell with BabyGirl and natlee - the competition would be awesome! :D

Oh, no. I wouldn't like to be there with two.

Korotky Gennady
21-10-2012, 00:51
I can tell u straight... getting banged up wud drive me totally out of me mind.
?

Jas, it could be hard for the straight beautiful pakistani girl to be in the russian prison becoz some old stinky russian criminal woman could want to marry you in your cell... No joking.

MashaSashina
21-10-2012, 01:11
Don't believe what you read in the media (and especially on expatru and the other-soon-to-disappear-site)! I will offer you a dedicated copy of the soon to come book that will explain a few things :)
I agree. Maybe it has a clear and simple explanation, but I only got to know that it is impossible to survive in a prison when moved to Central Russia* (“materik” - mainland) and happened to talk to people who had never been to prison and hardly knew anyone with relevant experience.
Maybe people who have been there “for something” consider that treatment as deserved?
*I don't i had a term, just lived in a town, where everyone either has been in a prison or was going to get there soon.

Alan Hong
21-10-2012, 14:17
Hi ! heard about your friend's predicament. TB can be treated very effectively by regular consumption on Water Cress soup with a little rock salt added to it daily for 30 days.

Jas
21-10-2012, 14:27
Hi ! heard about your friend's predicament. TB can be treated very effectively by regular consumption on Water Cress soup with a little rock salt added to it daily for 30 days.

Are u sure? How do u know this? They're using all sorts of drugs to fight it and some types of TB are drug resistant even.

MashaSashina
21-10-2012, 14:27
*I don't mean i had a term.
missed "mean".

MickeyTong
21-10-2012, 14:34
TB can be treated very effectively by regular consumption on Water Cress soup with a little rock salt added to it daily for 30 days.

:yellowcard: I have no hesitation in saying that this advice is bullsh!t.

mds45
21-10-2012, 14:42

It true !! and AIDS can be cured with a tortoise and a bunch a grapes ..

Jas
21-10-2012, 14:45
TB is a terrible thing and I think even meds are struggling to cope with it.

TolkoRaz
21-10-2012, 14:47
TB is a terrible thing and I think even meds are struggling to cope with it.

I assume that when you write TB, you are referring to Tony Blair? :confused:

MickeyTong
21-10-2012, 15:25

You blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saint Tony Blair is the Saviour of the Universe, the embodiment of Truth and Integrity who will bring Peace and Prosperity to the entire human race.

mds45
21-10-2012, 15:41
You blasphemer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Saint Tony Blair is the Saviour of the Universe, the embodiment of Truth and Integrity who will bring Peace and Prosperity to the entire human race.

only in his own head :) for the rest of us it was a different story..

robertmf
21-10-2012, 16:14

I thought that was Margaret Thatcher, the "Iron Lady" :question:

Jas
21-10-2012, 17:56

Er, no, its ure brother, Tolko Baz.

martpark
21-10-2012, 20:25
I barely survived a Russian hospital. Prison must be slightly better.

FatAndy
22-10-2012, 07:23
I barely survived a Russian hospital. Prison must be slightly better.
It depends. From one side, there is a famous local proverb that if the patient wants to live, the medicine is powerless.
From another one, Solzhenitsyn was diagnosed and operated aganist stomach cancer in the prison hospital. I know a lot of people who received not a bad treatment there.
But yes there are a lot of things to improve in the area.

TolkoRaz
22-10-2012, 09:00
'Surviving in a Russian Prison' would make a good TV reality programme!