PDA

View Full Version : lol sweet blackmailer

GalinaP
14-10-2012, 09:38
My son blackmailed me yesterday not to go to work. I brought him over about a week ago after a month spent away from me while I did all this settling in at a new place. We had a great time together, found him a nice neighbour as a babysitter, all well until the babysitting girl told me she had to go away for a couple of weeks. Dead end again, needed to take Vova back to Klin for the time being. Yesterday morning though, after a nice breakfast and a morning shower, gave him his clothes to put on and announced going to Klin. Got to see huge tears rolling from inconsolable Vova's eyes, dumped the work for yesterday despite being in need of money (who isn't?) and spent the whole day wandering around the empty town of Zhd trying not to get in the way of my weirdo landlord who was to deliver a washing machine to me that day. Got back in the late afternoon only to discover the much discussed washing machine to be of such ancient type that is mind-blowing to me how to possibly operate it. But new day has come, and with it, new hope.

martpark
14-10-2012, 12:07
Hang in there, Galina. Things will settle down in time.

Judge
15-10-2012, 12:50
What Mart said, situation will settle... this time next year your problems will be forgotten and a new set of hurdles will be in front of you..

GalinaP
15-10-2012, 12:58
What Mart said, situation will settle... this time next year your problems will be forgotten and a new set of hurdles will be in front of you..

Yes, I'm sure they will. I was just thinking whether the decision to give in and not to go to work was right. On the other hand, dragging a Down syndrome child kicking and screaming 135 km is not the way to handle it.

Judge
15-10-2012, 13:15
Yes, I'm sure they will. I was just thinking whether the decision to give in and not to go to work was right. On the other hand, dragging a Down syndrome child kicking and screaming 135 km is not the way to handle it.

There's nothing wrong with taking a sneaky day off work... we all do it from time to time..

GalinaP
15-10-2012, 13:35
Ok, conscience clear then. The funny thing is, Tuesday's coming, and Vova's issue is slowly surfacing again. I start gently, ingratiatingly: 'Let's go to Klin tomorrow, lots of fun, trains, you love them.' He looks at me sideways, gives me this smile and I understand that tomorrow is going to be one hard day...