PDA

View Full Version : Where Tha F@k Are The Moderators In This Site?

Mvlzac
29-10-2007, 22:08
Hey!!!! kuku EPRU moderators!!!!

Have you realized the magnitude of this comment? what are you doing?

How this site can be called serious, if once I tried to advertise with you and then you sent me a letter telling me that I must pay you... well, in case you havent realized............EVERYBODY HERE ADVERTISES AS THEY WANT...

Then we have the ones who have already monopolized this site..... the obvious ones.....

Then you have someone threatening another someone who even do not know in real life?

How can you allow someone to write personal data about this other someone and let him be threatened!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just, please for one second stop doing your routinary activities and check this

As for the FSB I did talk to my friend and he pointed out that you have a Russian wife and daughter and said it might be better just to beat you, so that's what I will do.

Do you realize the magnitude of this sh·t?

Can every "someone" in this site threaten and blame as they want?

SalTheReturn
29-10-2007, 22:12
do you realize that your threads gets no audience and no one listen to someone who use dirty and unpolite language?

dude, get a life

i am off

Mvlzac
29-10-2007, 22:12
In fact I think and may bet that you will soon receive a visit from the "guys" upstairs.....

Wanna bet?

If the administration of this site is american or westerner..... you are kind of irresponsible.... If not..... you must not leave a group foreigners do as they want... seems they are ready for being free.. but that is not true....

Anycase.... good luck

SalTheReturn
29-10-2007, 22:15
In fact I think and may bet that you will soon receive a visit from the "guys" upstairs.....

Wanna bet?

If the administration of this site is american or westerner..... you are kind of irresponsible.... If not..... you must not leave a group foreigners do as they want... seems they are ready for being free.. but that is not true....

Anycase.... good luck

dude, since i never break the rules i have nothing to fear

sorry but i gotta work now

you take care and rely on a more polite language

your post has been reported to the MoscowTimes

Bels
29-10-2007, 23:15
dude, since i never break the rules i have nothing to fear

sorry but i gotta work now

you take care and rely on a more polite language

your post has been reported to the MoscowTimes

I have no doubt the Moscow Times will believe you Sal. They will probably put you on front page amongst the other fairy land tales.

As for forums, they are designed to be responded to with opinions. If you pay for an advert you will either get response or you will get nothing. There is no facility for comments like there are on forums.

However if you're good at marketing, and you believe in what you are marketing you would welcome the comments. And then you would use your answers to your advantage.

I advertise here, and I welcome the comments, and give my answers. It keeps you on top every answer you recieve. But of course some of the comments are garbage, but you shoul allow the common sense of the reader to understand that.

PLEASE KEEP FORUMS OPEN. Let's not get stuffy about it. A comment from a financial times administrator I read recently stated that if we were so strict about everybodies comments our threads would be boring and nobody would want to read them. "However there are limits and there are certain areas that we won't allow". I go along with that.

But please, let our arguments be constructive, and stop bickering.

Korotky Gennady
29-10-2007, 23:16
As for the FSB I did talk to my friend and he pointed out that you have a Russian wife and daughter and said it might be better just to beat you, so that's what I will do.

What can it mean ? :eh:

What is that all about ?

Bels
29-10-2007, 23:18

I don't understand either, and it's my native language.

TGP
29-10-2007, 23:55

What is that all about ?

I understood only that soon komu-to nab'yut mordu....but don't know what for and who is the lucky one :eh:
:eek:

SalTheReturn
30-10-2007, 00:23
I have no doubt the Moscow Times will believe you Sal. They will probably put you on front page amongst the other fairy land tales.

As for forums, they are designrd to be responded to with opinions. If ypu pay for an advert you either get response or you get nothing. There is no facility for comments like on forums.

However if you're good at marketing, and you believe in what you are marketing you would welcome the comments. And then you would use your answers to your advantage.

I advertise here, and I welcome the commments, and give my answers. It keeps you on top every answer you recieve. But of course some of the comments are garbage, but you allow the common sense of the reader to understand that.

PLEAS KEEP FORUMS OPEN. Let's not get stuffy about. A comment from a financial times administrator I read recently stated that if we were so strict about everybodies comments our threads would be boring and nobody would want to read them. However there are limits and there are certain areas that we won't allow. I go along with that.

But please, let our arguments be constructive, and stop bickering.

bels, then i will leave you...why you always quote my posts? by doing this you constantly accuse me of stuff i have not done

as regards you being an advertiser, thats not true given that you are not a paying advertiser

you would better class yourself as someone just taking the chance of offering his services

ezik
30-10-2007, 02:36
How this site can be called serious, if once I tried to advertise with you and then you sent me a letter telling me that I must pay you... well, in case you havent realized............EVERYBODY HERE ADVERTISES AS THEY WANT...

Thin line here. We as moderators push nice initiatives. Advertising is with another lot of people. Complaints: mail sales@expat.ru. Don't give us VOLUNTARY moderators complaints about your business. And if some people do get by getting some free publicity: then it is just because we feel the initiative deserves some attention, or we don't find the advertisement anything worth chasing after as we'll not get any cash for it.

Then we have the ones who have already monopolized this site..... the obvious ones.....

And who are they? They are not so obvious to me. Name them. And then we'll talk.

Then you have someone threatening another someone who even do not know in real life?

How can you allow someone to write personal data about this other someone and let him be threatened!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously read to little of this forum to be aware how we treat this sort of stuff. This is an allegation based on nothing.

Just, please for one second stop doing your routinary activities and check this

Are you f**king sleeping? No-one needs to be FSB to just read the forum posts and come up with the same info. If this guy went to the FSB to collect the info about Clean, I think he was really stupid, as browsing the forum for like 30 minutes would given him even a photo of the car he is driving.

If you would bother to actually read the forums before making all sorts of allegations, you would be able to tell the same, if not more about the subject user, who, as a matter of fact, is a real open person on the forum as in real life.

He has our full respect and he knows it.

Do you realize the magnitude of this sh·t?
Can every "someone" in this site threaten and blame as they want?

Yes we realise the magnitude. And as everbody nowadays claims to be FSB or know someone there, we are more and more comfortable with the fact that our site is outside their jurisdiction. Do you really think we never figured this sort of sh!t happening?

You'd better drop your suggestive remarks and turn to concrete allegations. We spend a lot of time minding the privacy of our users and you have no idea to what extend we have gone to guarantee it.

So, if you have a problem with us, better tell straight-up instead of creating some paranoid mood.

I'm even liberal enough to not interpret this as mod-bashing, but you are pushing the limits. You really p#ssed me off with your post. If you don't like it here, please leave.

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 09:18
.....well.....

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 09:32
I really tried to contribute in changing the motionless perspective of this site... (is everything but intellectual)

If you do not know who has already monopolized this site, just count the number of posts from certain specific members, but is not my aim showing up them.....

I think many members are also pis·%....

I have been here just for two months and nothing productive and constructive had found, just a group of clowns disclaiming each other, antagonizing nationalities and giving misinterpretations of the migration laws, and if you got so angry is because maybe some truth my words have....

Please delete all my posts and profile, I hadnt found where it can be done, or just tell me how by a PM

Anycase Garfield, nothing personal with you as a person..... but as an authority related with this site.............:bash:

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 09:38
время покажет.

Удачи.

Спасибо за внимание

TGP
30-10-2007, 10:51
I really tried to contribute in changing the motionless perspective of this site... (is everything but intellectual)

If you do not know who has already monopolized this site, just count the number of posts from certain specific members, but is not my aim showing up them.....

I have been here just for two months and nothing productive and constructive had found, just a group of clowns disclaiming each other, antagonizing nationalities and giving misinterpretations of the migration laws, and if you got so angry is because maybe some truth my words have....

Please delete all my posts and profile, I hadnt found where it can be done, or just tell me how by a PM

Anycase Garfield, nothing personal with you as a person..... but as an authority related with this site.............:bash:

I have to agree with Mvlzac that this site is monopolized by a few ppl who really got everyone. These quarrels, accusations, negative remars etc, etc, etc, scare off other members of the site. No one wants either argue with them (useless), or maybe write anything serious (will be screwed up anyway).
All this can be considered as the entertaining part of the forum, but when too much of fun, it is not funny any longer.

No personal offense, please.

SalTheReturn
30-10-2007, 13:46
I have to agree with Mvlzac that this site is monopolized by a few ppl who really got everyone. These quarrels, accusations, negative remars etc, etc, etc, scare off other members of the site. No one wants either argue with them (useless), or maybe write anything serious (will be screwed up anyway).
All this can be considered as the entertaining part of the forum, but when too much of fun, it is not funny any longer.

No personal offense, please.

I know I am part of the problem and that i am probably, alongside few others, overcoming the limit

personally i will correct my behaviour and hope other users will follow my example

here you are with the NewSal

Clean32
30-10-2007, 13:49
I know I am part of the problem and that i am probably, alongside few others, overcoming the limit

personally i will correct my behaviour and hope other users will follow my example

NewSal LOL better than that NoSal

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 20:53
Dear Garfield,

now what?

I received a letter from the "x'mas ghost", seems reasonable,

R u still p·%sed?

See? something positive and reasonable came from this? Touched certain nerves?..............of course.....

Who may else?

Garfield: are you the only mod? what is it needed for becoming one? who moderates you? can I know?

Do I make suggestive marks? I suposed they were concrete allegations...
As i still have an account here even I asked to be deleted, means I have certain legitimacy for asking this.....

Come on Garf! what did you expect?

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 21:03
If you agree that this site may be motionless, why do you accept polls like "what time do get up:duhhhh:...............

Is like: what is your favorite flavor? vanilla or chocolate? what is that?

Why not the moderators have a more active role? In fact I suppose that the figure of incitator is needed in this site......

I know that expats may need a space for discussing their topics,

Which topics?

Which expats?

Bels
30-10-2007, 21:05
bels, then i will leave you...why you always quote my posts? by doing this you constantly accuse me of stuff i have not done

as regards you being an advertiser, thats not true given that you are not a paying advertiser

you would better class yourself as someone just taking the chance of offering his services

I'm not an advertiser (noun). But I do advertise here, yes I get it free of charge and that's my point.(to advertise is a verb)

In so doing I accept all comments I may receive, and try to put it to my advantage. Because I'm confident in what I do,and I have nothing to hide.

SalTheReturn
30-10-2007, 21:12
If you agree that this site may be motionless, why do you accept polls like "what time do get up:duhhhh:...............

Why not the moderators have a more active role? In fact I suppose that the figure of incitator is needed in this site......

Which topics?

Which expats?

could you propose something yourseld dude?

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 21:17
OK GARFIELD I GOT YOU THIS...

For example the person who I prefer call as the Teacher! He is a monopolizer...

What tha H@ll the teach does here? He explains what? if he wants to advertise, why not you open section specially dedicated to the Teacher! yeah, he may advertise for free but he must also answer all the online questions that the guests of this site may have............ why not?

He wins, you win..... and everybody knows where the teacher is, in fact can be two places, in fact can be a debate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I see that sometimes he loses himself in certain sadness and nostalgy related with his job but at the same time he tries to be professional I do not doubt he is not, but either he complains about being a teacher or he advertises, or he opens two accounts, why? because there may be more teacher who would like to advertise here for free..............

Just tell me and tell the members that the teacher hasnt monopolized this site.............. I am not telling he may not, but I guess that even you can not explain why? why yes and why not?

why not Garf?

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 21:19

Do you believe god is a capricious patriarcal entity as religion sometimes shows him?

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 21:20

Do yot think sexual attraction in the modality of love is a biological reaction or a state from the soul?

Bels
30-10-2007, 21:20

Which topics?

Which expats?

You may well have opened an interesting discussion. Yes what kind of topics do you and others suggest. However you do appear to be a little too serious in what kind of topics should be discussed. There is listing of different kinds of topics already on expat.ru. Have you got any more grouping you would like to add

However light easy going subjects such as "What time do you get up" appear to be popular. But there are many other topics that have a serious discussion. If you don't like the topics, then lead the way with what you think is an interesting. We are all free to do the same.

Suggestion for the next poll: What's you're favourite topic on expat.ru?

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 21:22

Why do I consider myself an expat?

a) hate my country
b) bohemian life?
c) i need to eat and my company sent me here
d) all above

Mvlzac
30-10-2007, 21:25
OK GARFIELD I GOT YOU THIS...

For example the person who I prefer call as the Teacher! He is a monopolizer...

What tha H@ll the teach does here? He explains what? if he wants to advertise, why not you open section specially dedicated to the Teacher! yeah, he may advertise for free but he must also answer all the online questions that the guests of this site may have............ why not?

He wins, you win..... and everybody knows where the teacher is, in fact can be two places, in fact can be a debate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I see that sometimes he loses himself in certain sadness and nostalgy related with his job but at the same time he tries to be professional I do not doubt he is not, but either he complains about being a teacher or he advertises, or he opens two accounts, why? because there may be more teacher who would like to advertise here for free..............

Just tell me and tell the members that the teacher hasnt monopolized this site.............. I am not telling he may not, but I guess that even you can not explain why? why yes and why not?

why not Garf?

any of my comments are intended to offend you or your integrity, and if you find offensive some, please let me now, in fact I try not to relate them with you as a person, just try to show my point to Garf.

Bels
30-10-2007, 21:30

What are you up to Sal:evil:

ridcully
30-10-2007, 21:54
Do yot think sexual attraction in the modality of love is a biological reaction or a state from the soul?

OK Mvizac, I've started a new thread:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/expat-cafe/45584-do-you-think-sexual-attraction-modality-love-biological-reaction.html#post304745

Let's discuss! :)

Bels
30-10-2007, 22:02
OK Mvizac, I've started a new thread:

http://www.expat.ru/forum/expat-cafe/45584-do-you-think-sexual-attraction-modality-love-biological-reaction.html#post304745

Let's discuss! :)

Errr! No thanks! Keep me out of that one :)

Bels
30-10-2007, 22:08
Why do I consider myself an expat?

a) hate my country
b) bohemian life?
c) i need to eat and my company sent me here
d) all above

Why do I consider myself an Expat?

Because I want a change, and live in another country.
Because I've been offered a job where the income is attractive.
Because I fell in love with a Russian, and it suits us to stay here for the time being, and ooops! we ended up with a family.

Bels
30-10-2007, 22:23
Dear Garfield,

now what?

I received a letter from the "x'mas ghost", seems reasonable,

R u still p·%sed?

See? something positive and reasonable came from this? Touched certain nerves?..............of course.....

Who may else?

Garfield: are you the only mod? what is it needed for becoming one? who moderates you? can I know?

Do I make suggestive marks? I suposed they were concrete allegations...
As i still have an account here even I asked to be deleted, means I have certain legitimacy for asking this.....

Come on Garf! what did you expect?

Why not suggest a new subject and you volunteer to be a mod, as far as I understand you can do this. As far as I know, it's an unpaid and sometimes not a thankful job. So start volunteering and offer your precious time.

MickeyTong
30-10-2007, 22:44
I started a thread on the subject of Terrorism, but it hasn't had as many responses as What Time Do You Wake Up? I'm not surprised, really: if we consider certain actions as "terrorist" rather than certain people, it can change the way we feel about social structures and processes we usually take for granted.

Bels
31-10-2007, 18:49
I started a thread on the subject of Terrorism, but it hasn't had as many responses as What Time Do You Wake Up? I'm not surprised, really: if we consider certain actions as "terrorist" rather than certain people, it can change the way we feel about social structures and processes we usually take for granted.

I'm sure your thread will be inundated by posts when the another major attack happens in Britain or the USA.

For example Britain states that an attack is inevitable , because they cannot have 100% security. And that we shouldn't be complacent. That's the problem. we have yet again become complacent. Look at some of the recent posts and you will see what I mean. I miss my liquids :cry:

Mvlzac
31-10-2007, 21:04
the funny thing is that the authorities cant guess who is a terrorist, even if they have stamped in their faces a wacko crazy radical face.... Then they put the pictures on TV............... rthis guys were the terrorist!?

are you serious? :duhhhh:

Famous
31-10-2007, 22:28

Hello new Sal :hooray:

Bels
31-10-2007, 22:44

And with a new name :) Moscow's Ali G :bowdown:

Bels
31-10-2007, 22:45

Where are you from? Is it that little island near France that's part of Britain?

Famous
31-10-2007, 22:55
Where are you from? Is it that little island near France that's part of Britain?

You mean truly belongs to France don't you?

Bels
31-10-2007, 23:01
Great Britain surely?

Of course, :agree: I didn't mean little Brittany.

ezik
01-11-2007, 00:20
After wondering for a while who could be Garf, or Garfield, I glanced at my avatar and saw the light. :D

The perspective of this forum (which is just one part of the site) is "live and let live".

The FSB case, then. We've had a few times people posing as either being FSB, or having connections with FSB. In general, we are not impressed by these sorts of statements. Why?
- The information "disclosed" by these people is always available publicly on the forum.
- Someone posing as an FSB member (just check the site for an example) will get her/his PM box full with questions. We are an open site to anyone, but anyone trying to intimidate a person because of his/her employment will get a hard time.
- In the case you quoted, I think the person in question is bluffing. His so-called classified info is (again) something that Clean32 posted on this site for anyone to read. Spend just one hour (for whatever reason) on checking all the posts of a certain user, and you'll be surprised about what you will find out. Check my posts and you will find out about my family situation, the metro station I live close to, the breed of my dog and the colour of my car. All up for grabs.

Indeed, posts like the one you mentioned may come across as intimidating, and I didn't take too much action in this case, as Clean32 would probably be way ahead of me. You are right, though, that this sort of posts is far from pleasant.

Still, you may appreciate that it is difficult to develop any policy on this. Any nutter can claim to be Napoleon here. Developing a policy on specific cases is a rather poor approach. We're better off with a general, more abstract rule. If you have a suggestion, I'll be happy to receive it.

As for some users monopolizing the site: we have fanatic posters and most of them are nice. However, we've had some rough times over the last months with a few people who seemed to be too prejudiced. The good ones have changed their ways and moved on to constructive posting. Some others are now in a dark corner without access to this forum overthinking their sins. Others left to some other site ;) . I think that most of the regular posters here are very reasonable. You can call it monopolisation, but another way of looking at it is building a core. Insults and prejudice, however, are never acceptable. From the other side, those who supposedly monopolise are at the same time the people who keep the forum going. No-one is going to object to you putting your stamp on what's happening here.

Indeed, moderating is a voluntary job for most (we have 4-5 active mods here, I'm definitely not the only one). All of us have a daytime job that does not concern this site. I'd classify modding as more thankful than not.

Voluntary or not, if a mod commits to doing something, he/she has to. Practically, however, there are millions of things that escape our attention, so a PM never hurts if you see something out of line.

Hope this answers your questions, but if it doesn't, feel free to comment more!

Ezik
(please don't do the Garfield or Garf thing again)

Bels
01-11-2007, 00:36
In some cases you have to understand us, this might be a problem if English is your second language. I'm sorry but that's the way it is, and especially with many Russians.

However I am trying to change this on the teachers folder, and we have a long way to go yet, but we are progressing and there will a few more threads to go yet.

Let's not forget it is a forum, and it's public. It's great great don't you think? because everyone has the oppurturtunity to say what they want. It's our little democracy.

Korotky Gennady
01-11-2007, 01:55

TGP, I am sorry... but not be so serious ! I have a lot very serious ppl on my job and if there are only politcorrectness, business-ethics and serious faces here, it will be very boring !

Relax girl... :bong:

Take a rest ! This forum is very good one and there a lot very good, witty and intellectual ppl here. It's very rare case to be so in the Internet.:fireworks:

Korotky Gennady
01-11-2007, 02:00

Sal ! :shhhhhh::shhhhhh: Remember that day ! Keep your word... ;)

I am glad to see that you are gonna be reborn at last. And maybe it allow you improve your dammed OLD SAL's Karma a little...

Mvlzac
01-11-2007, 06:22
TGP, I am sorry... but not be so serious ! I have a lot very serious ppl on my job and if there are only politcorrectness, business-ethics and serious faces here, it will be very boring !

Take a rest ! This forum is very good one and there a lot very good, witty and intellectual ppl here. It's very rare case to be so in the Internet.:fireworks:

Ok, so in your job you can threaten too...:shame:

Mvlzac
01-11-2007, 06:23
Sal ! :shhhhhh::shhhhhh: Remember that day ! Keep your word... ;)

I am glad to see that you are gonna be reborn at last. And maybe it allow you improve your dammed OLD SAL's Karma a little...

KG Do you visualize your karma?

Mvlzac
01-11-2007, 06:25
In some cases you have to understand us, this might be a problem if English is your second language. I'm sorry but that's the way it is, and especially with many Russians.

However I am trying to change this on the teachers folder, and we have a long way to go yet, but we are progressing and there will a few more threads to go yet.

Let's not forget it is a forum, and it's public. It's great great don't you think? because everyone has the oppurturtunity to say what they want. It's our little democracy.

Who`s judging if this site is public or not?

What is the relation between understanding, problem, my posts, english as a second language and Russians?

Mvlzac
01-11-2007, 06:30
Anycase is obvious I touched a sensitive nerve, and must confess I wanted to, seems strange for me that someone who calls himself liberal, and even having a garfield`s picture reacts like that, no offense, but I am talking respectfully..... :)

Well, thank you and I think that many members may be thanked to with this post.....

Lets move on.... but why not put that in another thread...

After wondering for a while who could be Garf, or Garfield, I glanced at my avatar and saw the light. :D

The perspective of this forum (which is just one part of the site) is "live and let live".

The FSB case, then. We've had a few times people posing as either being FSB, or having connections with FSB. In general, we are not impressed by these sorts of statements. Why?
- The information "disclosed" by these people is always available publicly on the forum.
- Someone posing as an FSB member (just check the site for an example) will get her/his PM box full with questions. We are an open site to anyone, but anyone trying to intimidate a person because of his/her employment will get a hard time.
- In the case you quoted, I think the person in question is bluffing. His so-called classified info is (again) something that Clean32 posted on this site for anyone to read. Spend just one hour (for whatever reason) on checking all the posts of a certain user, and you'll be surprised about what you will find out. Check my posts and you will find out about my family situation, the metro station I live close to, the breed of my dog and the colour of my car. All up for grabs.

Indeed, posts like the one you mentioned may come across as intimidating, and I didn't take too much action in this case, as Clean32 would probably be way ahead of me. You are right, though, that this sort of posts is far from pleasant.

Still, you may appreciate that it is difficult to develop any policy on this. Any nutter can claim to be Napoleon here. Developing a policy on specific cases is a rather poor approach. We're better off with a general, more abstract rule. If you have a suggestion, I'll be happy to receive it.

As for some users monopolizing the site: we have fanatic posters and most of them are nice. However, we've had some rough times over the last months with a few people who seemed to be too prejudiced. The good ones have changed their ways and moved on to constructive posting. Some others are now in a dark corner without access to this forum overthinking their sins. Others left to some other site ;) . I think that most of the regular posters here are very reasonable. You can call it monopolisation, but another way of looking at it is building a core. Insults and prejudice, however, are never acceptable. From the other side, those who supposedly monopolise are at the same time the people who keep the forum going. No-one is going to object to you putting your stamp on what's happening here.

Indeed, moderating is a voluntary job for most (we have 4-5 active mods here, I'm definitely not the only one). All of us have a daytime job that does not concern this site. I'd classify modding as more thankful than not.

Voluntary or not, if a mod commits to doing something, he/she has to. Practically, however, there are millions of things that escape our attention, so a PM never hurts if you see something out of line.

Hope this answers your questions, but if it doesn't, feel free to comment more!

Ezik
(please don't do the Garfield or Garf thing again)

Korotky Gennady
01-11-2007, 16:43
KG Do you visualize your karma?

No. Never... :duhhhh: How about you ?

But early often i spent a lot of time on thinking about what my "Karma" is...

Bels
01-11-2007, 20:27
Who`s judging if this site is public or not?

What is the relation between understanding, problem, my posts, english as a second language and Russians?

Mylzac,there is a problem. You cannot undertand me or other native speakers on this site. Yet you try to give strong opinions and views, without fully understanding our opinions.

And especially with your recent posts, I can't understand you in the slightest.

Hey, we've got another Sal here, but his English is a little better :)

Mvlzac
01-11-2007, 23:23
who can you judge my language? for someone who calls himself teacher,,,, your written skills are awful, in fact I do know how many people have criticized your english, I see that you try to analize people according their writing, but let me tell you that you dont have even the slightest idea about me, about my languages and............ Ok Bels, lets have a spelling contest.... I fkn dont care about my syntax and grammar, I paid to someone like you for doing that once I wrote my Bachlrs Disrtation and my Masters....

Mvlzac
01-11-2007, 23:24
Mylzac,there is a problem. You cannot undertand me or other native speakers on this site. Yet you try to give strong opinions and views, without fully understanding our opinions.

And especially with your recent posts, I can't understand you in the slightest.

You cant even understand how to get a permit in the RF.

Margo
01-11-2007, 23:34
I heard something about trolling. Possibly this is the case?

Clean32
01-11-2007, 23:35
I heard something about trolling. Possibly this is the case?...

Bang on margo,

TGP
02-11-2007, 00:50
KG, to be serious does not necessarily mean to stick to PC and carry the face of a Wall-street moneymaker. Sometimes it is the subject of discussion or argument.

And yes, I am a serious person! Though can be nuts, too. :p

Korotky Gennady
02-11-2007, 03:27

Hmm... ;) Do you mean that if Sal were a native speaker it will be better in sense to deal with him ?

I think that it is not quite right... :eh:

Becoz if i talk to russian and we can understand each other it not always depends on that fact that wether it's rusian or it's not russian whom i am dealing with... :drink:

Korotky Gennady
02-11-2007, 03:34
And yes, I am a serious person!

Don't worry... It's adjustable...

What does TGP mean ? :queen:

Korotky Gennady
02-11-2007, 03:35

Bang on margo,

She can't... :yikes:

Ghostly Presence
02-11-2007, 09:35
who can you judge my language? for someone who calls himself teacher,,,, your written skills are awful, in fact I do know how many people have criticized your english, I see that you try to analize people according their writing, but let me tell you that you dont have even the slightest idea about me, about my languages and............ Ok Bels, lets have a spelling contest.... I fkn dont care about my syntax and grammar, I paid to someone like you for doing that once I wrote my Bachlrs Disrtation and my Masters....

Dude, what is wrong with you? Why do you whine and grind all the time? You are not happy about so many different things that I even stopped counting! Pull yourself together! I remember that you wished everyone a good life and vowed to leave this forum in another thread. Why don't you stick to your promises?

Clean32
02-11-2007, 10:15
She can't... :yikes:

LOL Bang on = correct, IE to bang / hit the hail on the head, not to hit your thum ( ouch) , to hit the Nail bang on.

all so for builders and enginers it meens, square, leval horisontal or ir fitts correctly.

question: will it fit?, answer : shes bang on( yes it fits perfectly )

Mvlzac
02-11-2007, 12:34
Dude, what is wrong with you? Why do you whine and grind all the time? You are not happy about so many different things that I even stopped counting! Pull yourself together! I remember that you wished everyone a good life and vowed to leave this forum in another thread. Why don't you stick to your promises?

dono men, seems like a compulsion, obsession, addiction, obsession and dependence and at the same time my responsibility call, can not lets this mnkis do as they want… believe that I really want to get out of here… but not after I feel satisfied with my actions here…

Mvlzac
02-11-2007, 12:36
anycase lets take a break for some weeks..... need to think how to scare Liza Simpson more and more.... she is a monopolizer....

Clean32
02-11-2007, 12:39
dono men, seems like a compulsion, obsession, addiction, obsession and dependence and at the same time my responsibility call, can not lets this mnkis do as they want… believe that I really want to get out of here… but not after I feel satisfied with my actions here…

regardless of what you do to everyone else in the mean time ??

Mvlzac
02-11-2007, 12:46
regardless of what you do to everyone else in the mean time ??

Once everyone else tells me what I do to them, I will talk about that; but you are monopolizer my dear cleaner and you are not everyone else..... in fact it may be a pattern from the monopolizers.... thinking they are everyone...

meanwhile my dear monopolizer.............. gt a stk... see you in 5 or 4 weeks...:reindeer:

Clean32
02-11-2007, 12:48
Once everyone else tells me what I do to them, I will talk about that; but you are monopolizer my dear cleaner and you are not everyone else..... in fact it may be a pattern from the monopolizers.... thinking they are everyone...

meanwhile my dear monopolizer.............. gt a stk... see you in 5 or 4 weeks...:reindeer:

LOL i did say everyone else, i think it you did not understand that point ?

Korotky Gennady
02-11-2007, 14:29
. need to think how to scare Liza Simpson more and more....

Liza Simpson ? Is she from the Tween Picks movie ?

markmarkov
02-11-2007, 15:31
I understood only that soon komu-to nab'yut mordu....but don't know what for and who is the lucky one :eh:
:eek:

TGP, sorry for the off-topic but do you run a Thumbnail Gallery Post? :D

Ghostly Presence
02-11-2007, 15:33

What the hell is "monopolizer"? What are you even talking about?
Mzlav is living in his own world; a very-very strange world indeed.
I wonder what he is on.... That stuff must be good!!! ))))

Mvlzac
03-11-2007, 00:54
Liza Simpson ? Is she from the Tween Picks movie ?

No KG, is Homer`s daughter..

KG remember about karmas?, well mine in this site gets worse and worse, any case i will give them a show they`ll never forget.... in fact they think I am victim, well, they eat all, I respect you and please dont react as them, I just wanna show how western mentality reacts after they call themselves liberals.... I am sure they will not handle this liberalism.... so my Russian friends will understand that the expat mentality is full of cr@p and hipocrisy, they are doing that pretty good.... They think I am playing the sal rol, but................surprise surprise...

Yeah this was for KG, and for the pnks whom I wanted to read this....

Mvlzac
03-11-2007, 00:55
LOL i did say everyone else, i think it you did not understand that point ?

Ok cleaner, it was an irony from your irony..... got it?

ezik
03-11-2007, 03:50

Haha, very smart, Mvlzac.

You are banned for a month.

Judge
03-11-2007, 04:32
Mvlzac ,you know what??????the best time to post on this site, is when you are drunk...trust me it works...:drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

:bash::bash::bash::bash:

Judge
03-11-2007, 04:39

KG remember about karmas?, well mine in this site gets worse and worse, any case i will give them a show they`ll never forget.... in fact they think I am victim, well, they eat all, I respect you and please dont react as them, I just wanna show how western mentality reacts after they call themselves liberals.... I am sure they will not handle this liberalism.... so my Russian friends will understand that the expat mentality is full of cr@p and hipocrisy, they are doing that pretty good.... They think I am playing the sal rol, but................surprise surprise...

At the end of the day,nobody gives a S&IT.....IT'S the internet,,, the sooner yon know that the better you will be..Don't take everything to heart,like i said before ''it's all fun and games.''.

Many like you have come and gone on this forum, you wont be the last...

Instead of making an arse out of yourself try and get on with memebers here.

Judge
03-11-2007, 04:41
Haha, very smart, Mvlzac.

You are banned for a month.

This is a shame..... best way is to ride the tide....
i never like anyone to be banned....

ezik
03-11-2007, 12:56
This is a shame..... best way is to ride the tide....
i never like anyone to be banned....
True.
Lifted the ban. Did infraction thingy, which is more like a warning.

Bels
03-11-2007, 17:29

Read carefully and check for nationalities Mylzak, your " Russian friends" are against you.

And this is my 1000th post, just for you :)

Korotky Gennady
03-11-2007, 17:40

2 Mvlzac... No doubts you are a "right" man but why you are so agressive to people here? If you had the degree in social phychoanalisys why wouldn't it be for you to start to be more calm ?

Many your posts are very good. Some are not... Maybe it's worth for you to be more friendly to people who are here... ? :eh:

TGP
03-11-2007, 18:34
Don't worry... It's adjustable...

What does TGP mean ? :queen:

But I don't want to adjust it!

TGP is my charisma code :o

TGP
03-11-2007, 18:48

Signs of the middle age crisis? :ignore:

TGP
03-11-2007, 18:57
TGP, sorry for the off-topic but do you run a Thumbnail Gallery Post? :D

No. Just trying to understand some threads/posts on the forums, and the reasons of their origin.

TGP
03-11-2007, 19:21
What the hell is "monopolizer"? What are you even talking about?
Mzlav is living in his own world; a very-very strange world indeed.
I wonder what he is on.... That stuff must be good!!! ))))

GP, that's the charm of these forums: you always run a risk of being called something new, and you never know when and where from the godly wrath will reach you....

Mvlzac
04-11-2007, 00:36

точно!!!

30.... cкоро 31:confused:

Korotky Gennady
04-11-2007, 00:44
точно!!!

;) Man, how can it be that you are here ? Are you banned or not ?

Clean32
04-11-2007, 10:39
some one went liped wrist and let him back in

TGP
04-11-2007, 22:44
точно!!!

Молодой ишо, для кризиса среднего возраста-то..
Тогда просто кризис жанра. Это бывает...

Clean32
04-11-2007, 22:56
Молодой ишо, для кризиса среднего возраста-то..
Тогда просто кризис жанра. Это бывает...

maybe both?

Bels
04-11-2007, 23:00

All due respects to the man. He's advising other Russians how to run their business and how to give themselves a corporate image. He is also advising them how to speak. Now isn't that fantastic.He stated that it doesn't matter about his English translation because his business is directed to Russians.

What do potential businessmen that are Russians think about his business stated on his web-site?

TGP
04-11-2007, 23:14
I thought 40-48 is that very rusky age. Though, men enjoy escapades at any age :sunny:

TGP
04-11-2007, 23:20
All due respects to the man. He's advising other Russians how to run their business and how to give themselves a corporate image. He is also advising them how to speak. Now isn't that fantastic.He stated that it doesn't matter about his English translation because his business is directed to Russians.

What do potential businessmen that are Russians think about his business stated on his web-site?

I am not a businessman (businesswoman), and can't give comments from this point of view.
But you know how it works with Russians: many taught and still teach them what and how to do, Russians listen, agree and then do everything in their own way. :)

Bels
04-11-2007, 23:53
I am not a businessman (businesswoman), and can't give comments from this point of view.
But you know how it works with Russians: many taught and still teach them what and how to do, Russians listen, agree and then do everything in their own way. :)

Agreed to what I know from my Russian friends. Business or no business knowledge. :)

So, if do you you want advice on your corporate image? for example.

dick
05-11-2007, 07:11
Really funny how you people are, I went too far? This place is not the real world? Virtual you say? That's why Sal lost his job in the real world, and Clean32 likes to brag about it. I'm so bad, I said I would have the FSB throw Mr Know it all, I got nothing to do so I monopolize post with my views, and harass and insult anybody I don't like on this forum. What did you people do to Sal huh? I guess when I'm talking to someone on MY intro Clean32 can come in there call me a black ass from a worm place and say that I'm lying about where I am from, then follow me around on all my post repeating his unfounded accusations and he is a good guy with Respect from ezik, good to know you have respect for racist there ezik, makes you one too don't it? AndyB once said of Sal, He's an idiot but forgive him he's Italian, Sounds to me like he's Italian so he's an idiot, because all Italians are. Italians are a race of people not like Americans a bunch of mutts. Clean32 also said he can't be American because Americans are not violent. No the saying going postal came from somewhere else I guess. Maybe Italy they're all idiots there right AndyB? Do you know why people go postal? One they are not accepted in a social group and then they are harassed, insulted and belittled. I would really like to have my business advertised here on this forum and have these abusive posters and these wonderful racist mods come to my restaurant or bar for meetings and have someone who was verbally abusive and not protected and even dismissed by poor over worked mods as overreacting, go postal in my place of business. That would be great for business huh? Make this site famous too. But it can't happen here, I'm telling you my dear, that it can't happen here! Who could imagine that they would freak out in Washington DC, ac,dc,ac, dc,ac,dc, bop, bop bop, but it can't happen here! Did you ever ask yourself, what if? Take a day and walk around watch the Nazis run your town then go home and check yourself? You think I'm singing 'bout someone else. But your plastic people, Oh baby now your such a drag. And for all you people that like to talk bad about Russia, you are insulting half my family and most of my friends, and it is THEM who lived and many who have died here to judge, not you! As their guests. If you don't like something here you can go **** yourself all the way home. Sal if you want to get in good here just give some money to one of ezik's charities and you to can get away with what Clean32 does. I still believe Clean32 is just the site dog attacking anyone, people in the click don't like. Let me remind you of the rules, WHILE DEBATING AND DISUSSION IS FINE, WE WILL NOT TOLERATE RUDENESS, INSULTING POST, PERSONAL ATTACKS OR PURPOSELESS INFLAMMATORY POST, but of course this is all up to the mods here Sal and like they say, if you want to get ahead you have to give a little, so start sucking, Clean32 can show you how and who. Yes Clean32 you have won! You are a class act, and it was an honor to be racily slurred and verbally abused by such a class act as yourself. For everyone else remember this site is a business for entertainment and informational purposes, well and to make some money.

Say good night Gracy

Goodnight Gracy

Clean32
05-11-2007, 11:44
Dick, you doint have a very happy life do you.

Fortunatly, the majority of posters o this side can read and do understand when you are telling lies, distorting post etc. thay also know that you post under difrent logins, thats easy to see.

Mvlzac
05-11-2007, 13:55

Bels If I am not mistaken I wrote you this yesterday for keeping it cool and for me not to write more in this site....but seems that you are totally focused on judging me.... well, please remember that I wrote this..

In Reply to your Post 306371:

I dont need English speaking clients, our market is oriented to Russians and Europeans, and the writtenspeech there is just only for giving the central idea, but if you want to be a partner in that area, you are welcome...... I didnt want to insult you, I see that you are trying to be professional and making people see that you know all, I dont know if you have lived in the us and in whhich region, but I know that you could have a life time correcting people`s mistakes, any how I understand you.... but I dont buy you...... as I have developed myself professionaly speaking in an optimal way, I have written articles for many well know magazines, I had given conferences and as I told you once I am pretty proud of the language level I have in the four I mentioned..... so honestly speaking was pretty unfair judging what you dont know, is as the rude example I made when I questioned your incomes and lifestyle in Russia... I am pretty sure you are older than me in more than 20 years, in fact I almost visualize you..... knw you Bells, so you can not compare with me as I cant with you....... but my dear teacher as I told you once, never is too late for learning.... and as I try and tried to learn from your words, of course not from your observations, you may try to listen to me....... You may be more successful if you start using other teaching techniques....... Bells, really you are welcome to talk in real with me......

As for the forum..... is was my caprice and joy playing, I am not like that in real life, in fact I am the opposite, but if you know the word catharsis you may understand........ I mean this because I am not intending to write even a word.... of man?

Our professional world is too different, you teach i train, well the results as I said before.... will be and are shown within the time......

I see that you have some trouble in getting certain stability *professional speaking*, and if your pride allows you that, I can business-consult you for that desired stability......

As for the syntax, grammar and stylistics, dont worry, I do that all time, I just write as it comes, i dont check what I wrote, and sometimes all the inflections I mess them up.....

like.....Bells, Have a nice Life and see you anywhen!!!

Bells, you are such and old rancorous coward….. how could you state the stupidities you wrote?, once you have not the slightest idea of what we do? you cant even properly read and understand russian..........

But then again I need to understand your mentality….. let me guess, old British men after his 50 trying to get some respect in life after he has been a gooood dog for all his life……

Ok, let me directly explain you three things so you stop spitting stupidities, and at least in you rusted brain you may understand why you are not capable of criticizing or judging with your english language phallus…. Symbolically speaking because I bet that your ^british johnson stopped working looooong time ago^^

1.- I never asked you about teaching me English or correct me or smth like that, so if I missed something, you started me giving your opinion about how I am supposed to write……or show me up as certain type of example, or you got bitter because of my comments about your pragmatic english, and because you don’t know Russian; old man, you don’t understand… in fact I am thinking that I may know who you are……. And I may know where you work…..

2.- If I wrote more things about me was in a way of apologizing myself with this forum and with the bunch of stupidities I wrote, but in another post I explained and wrote that; seems to me that you even cant read properly.

3.- You have not even the minimal idea of my job here………I am not a teacher, and even you have not the minimal idea of what business consultancy is….. let me give you an example….

I am an old teacher, have been teaching English language for more than the last quarter of my life….. looking for respect and a decent paying and a I live in Russia…. Well… at least this teacher must….

1. Learn Russian……….if you live in Russia and have a Russian family!!!!........... how uneducated, incompetent and clumsy looks when a foreigner has been living in Russia for more than 2 years he or she is supposed to live more and he has no idea of the russian language...

2. Register or invest his little money in a company or school as a partner or owner…. Registration costs no more that 2000usd and licenses not more than 3000usd.

3. Start working decently and show the world what he is capable for and not showing stupid people in a site how he can know the "perfect" English language.

4. If you could have done that…… then you wouldn’t have a problem for entering here, why? because your firm easily will get you any permission for working and doing any constructive work for this society…. But I see that you don’t respect Russians too much…

Well teacher…… as I told you, you even can not understand how to get a permission, that is part of my job,,,, and as I see, you own my some soulmoney that life will charge to you because you disrespect me, even I tried to be polite and decent…… well, all dogs the older they become the more they bark……………isn’t it?

How many languages do you speak Bels, at least two fluenty? Which?..... and as I see, you know more about me and you haven’t exposed more about you……

YOU CAN LAUGH, BUT LIFE IS NOT SMILING AT YOU, how much time do you have Bels, do you want your time reinvested?......... aren’t you bitter that the role of a teacher in Russia is just as a nanny who knows English……

Are you intelligent Bels? Or experienced?....... you know Bels, Nietzsche said about the servant mentality….. this is based in a inherent attitude towards service…. I know that you are the best teacher on the block, always decent, always clean, and you like the brown color….. your accent has not changed and your pride is you attitude towards service…… but you think that life is unfair…… then you grab the immediate power phallus you had obtained in all these years…………………yeah your pragmatic, unreal, scholastic and absurd English phallus….. then you start measuring people with this phallus, then again they need to get in their kneels and kiss you phallus, but you know that is only with people that maybe need you as a teacher nanny for a while….. also you have your phallus deep in this site and of course you need to show you authority randomly to those, whose language seems not proper…………………….bels dear…. YOU GOT THE WRONG GUY……. I am lightyears away from you………………in all senses………in fact my offer for helping you was real………..but your words bels, are full of poison and rancor, you talk about me with bitterness and malice, why? because you have read every post I wrote to you, because you know all are true, and because you know that your virtual friends give you support YEAH BELLS you are the man, of course that a good bristish servant can not show anger and expose his speech freely to that person…..in fact, you may answer……………

“I see that your English has improved, but a good speaker blablabla…” “I see” “Hey Clean what is this LOL talking about” ...........................((( Kakoi kashmar!!!

All the questions I had made to you, you just avoid them. Just need third parties….. that is also cowardice……..

Well, someone needs to be intelligent and I see you cant be…. I showed up a white flag and you persisted in attacking me…

Just one story I may tell Bels…..

I got a catholic formation, anyway I never bought it….. well one day I was at Church with my mother and saw this old man….. his face covered with all type of wrinkles that life had given to him, he was poorly dressed but was obvious that he really wanted to be accordingly dressed to jc, well I understood something….. this man a has terrible awful life, betray, poverty and hell knows what else…. But he, he deeply wanted to believe that on the side, will be the opposite….. and someone who may really deeply love him….. well I was 21yo and that was the last time I criticized religion in front of these people……

How this is related with you bells……….I don’t want to cut your English phallus, but you need to be tolerant and respectful, and not act like a pnk, gang banging people that are not like you or criticize just because you think that……. I know this man George, in fact he is Russian, but all his life was dedicated to speak and think like british, and even natives buy that…. He is almost 75 or 80, last year we got an argue…. Maybe its you….. but you know, who cares?

Hope something positive you get from this as I am sure that I got it too.

My conclusion is that you as a human and not as a teacher, are a bitter jealous man, who tried to depict my person according to one of your strengths, well, I explained that I was playing with the icons and with the virtual role of the members, come YOU DONT EVEN USE YOUR REAL NAME, I only see Garfield, liza, a rock star, a kangaroo and a public toilet….. then Bels, I exposed who I am, and you persisted…………… That is cowardice old servile dog….. and if you are intelligent enough please move your topics to another area, because I think that in almost a complete book I wrote to you, you haven’t been able to defend yourself and justify your stupidity… just compare the amount of words I wrote and the ones you had…. You wont. And if the others are also intelligent, they will not interfere.

Have a decent life Bels...............and if you need a working *rasreshene* maybe my company can do that for you. Dont hesitate in asking for it.:rolleyes:

For the moderators

Ok, I don’t care if I get banned for a lifetime again, *as if reregistering again may be so hard, but that`s not the point ans I wont* because is more than obvious that here the things are not objective and fair…… As an oligarchy…… One more inanity from you (MODERATORS), you accuse me of being rude once every rudeness was totally corresponded from another that I previously received……. I apologized and exposed my reasons for being like that and not being toxic in this site………..in anycase I touched many things that you really dont wanna listen, but if your emotional subjective point of view can be put apart…….. I am not more or less toxic than the ones who have ideologically and physically monopolized this site.

Bels
05-11-2007, 15:07
Strange! I don't feel as bitter as you appear to be. My last few posts were not intended to be bitter, and If you were offended I appologise. The immediate post after you showing your web-site was intended to be respectful opinion for your company. However as you stated you are not concerned about the English speaking market.

Much of what you have said about can be found in all my previous posts. You know full well that with my wife working with me as a team that we are fully capable of dealing with future business matters on our own.

That includes entrepeneurs license, forming a company, and licensing a school. Why do you know that? Because it's in my posts, some of it way back over several years.

Yes, you know where I am and you could find me. Why? because it's in my posts. And because many people PM and I tell them exactly where I am and who I am. I have nothing to hide, both my wife and I believe in trying to do things in the most honest and open way.

I am very happy living with my Russian family and we are all ambitious and looking forward to a happy and profitible future.

So stop upsetting yourself all the time, and I wish your company a prosperous future. I admire and respect all who are ambitious and industrious enough to run their own business.

Bels
05-11-2007, 15:17
And another thing, :) (keep smiling bels) I have always stated that I am a teacher here because I have no other choice in this country (and yes it's in my archives) A private teacher because no one had offered me a family income, so we had to do it ourselves, hence private teachers. It's all a matter of survival.

But I do see myself as a business man, I have been one of them for over 25 years. And my old man age is in my profile, so have no need to guess.

But you had obviously sussed my mature ways of life RIGHT??? :)

Bels
05-11-2007, 15:33
QUOTE: come YOU DONT EVEN USE YOUR REAL NAME, I only see Garfield, liza, a rock star, a kangaroo and a public toilet : QUOTE FROM MYLZAC

Many of the members here know my real name and my address. Many of them communicate to each other by pm. Some have even met each other. In fact I know very few here who are secretive about their identity.

The public toilet is a Tardis and a police phone box. Don't you know who Doctor Who is?? Shame on you.

Mvlzac
05-11-2007, 16:06
ok, understood, you understood and life goes on........ ..... good bye Bells..... and lets see if I can return to my delightful hibernation:hooray:...

for the 34th time..... Have a nice life Bells..... hope it is the last:applause:....

.....really?????? it looks like a public toilet...... would be hard changing my mind but I will try...

Bels
05-11-2007, 16:14
Unless I can re-awaken you:thumbsup:

Mvlzac
05-11-2007, 16:23
Unless I can re-awaken you:thumbsup:

unless)))) dear Bells.........

Bels
05-11-2007, 16:39
Have a nice life Bells..... hope it is the last....

Well I wouldn't mind another one, mines about running out. Do you have any offers of re-incarnation???

TGP
05-11-2007, 16:53
Really funny how you people are, I went too far? This place is not the real world? Virtual you say? That's why Sal lost his job in the real world, and Clean32 likes to brag about it. I'm so bad, I said I would have the FSB throw Mr Know it all, I got nothing to do so I monopolize post with my views, and harass and insult anybody I don't like on this forum. What did you people do to Sal huh?

If Sal has lost his job due to the idiotic quarrels here, it is NOT FUN AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.

I think such incidents make the site potentially dangerous for anyone who disagrees with the general opnion. I also think it might be one of the reasons why no new posters contribute to the discussions. Just read once again what these discussions are about! But whatever they are, it is too much to report to someone's management about the posts of their employee. OK, let's report on each other to the appropriate embassies in Moscow. Cool! Real democracy and freedom of speech. KGB can have a rest...

I am really sorry for Sal, if what's written about him is true. I also think I was very lucky to be jobless when I was taking part in hot abusive discussions on the old site.

]

Bels
05-11-2007, 17:02
Come on please, it can't be true. These must be rumours, surely Sal didn't lose his job due to entries in a forum?

ezik
05-11-2007, 18:23
We don't know of anyone losing his job over entries here.

Of course, we don't know what goes on beyond the idiotic quarrels (thanks for that one TGP).

And indeed, this site can be potentially dangerous if someone starts having a fight with another user who sits in that room across the hallway in the office.

As for KGB, FSB, MI6 or whatever secret service, I think that boasting to have contacts there is rather childish, a bit like referring to your bigger brother when you have a fight on the playground.

I don't think there is one general opinion here, by the way. Of course, when there is a core of people who play a main role in the discussions, you are going to have a certain overall mood that is being determined by those who post the most. But to me this looks like something that can hardly be contained. I don't think there are any monopolisers here. And calling this forum an oligarchy as there is a core of frequent contributors is IMHO a bit too easy and lame.

Just coming in here and calling the site and its users cr@p is hardly going to help the forum. And if you complain, just make sure that you have something constructive to offer in return. Otherwise your complaint is just aimed at complaining (out of boredom or frustration or God knows what else).

It's remarkable that those who spit at the forum have hardly ever made a serious attempt at helping a newbie with a question. Sad.

TGP
05-11-2007, 18:32
Come on please, it can't be true. These must be rumours, surely Sal didn't lose his job due to entries in a forum?

Shortly before he was banned, Sal wrote me that someone from this forum had contacted his company. I don't think he was joking, as he sounded really shocked.

BTW, despite all the rubbish which he wrote here, he really hepled me with obtaining some information when I needed it.

Mvlzac
05-11-2007, 19:20

Of course, we don't know what goes on beyond the idiotic quarrels (thanks for that one TGP).

And indeed, this site can be potentially dangerous if someone starts having a fight with another user who sits in that room across the hallway in the office.

As for KGB, FSB, MI6 or whatever secret service, I think that boasting to have contacts there is rather childish, a bit like referring to your bigger brother when you have a fight on the playground.

I don't think there is one general opinion here, by the way. Of course, when there is a core of people who play a main role in the discussions, you are going to have a certain overall mood that is being determined by those who post the most. But to me this looks like something that can hardly be contained. I don't think there are any monopolisers here. And calling this forum an oligarchy as there is a core of frequent contributors is IMHO a bit too easy and lame.

Just coming in here and calling the site and its users cr@p is hardly going to help the forum. And if you complain, just make sure that you have something constructive to offer in return. Otherwise your complaint is just aimed at complaining (out of boredom or frustration or God knows what else).

It's remarkable that those who spit at the forum have hardly ever made a serious attempt at helping a newbie with a question. Sad.

...PM

Bels
05-11-2007, 19:26

Well, I think this site is great. Its the number one, and only one for expats. But it could be even better if we had a lot more "Monopolisers" (It's getting a popular word isn't it) So please all you newbies and quiete ones start contributing and make it a fantastic site. Because many minds together can only be a good thing. I don't think others bite newbies here, they are most welcome.

Let's have another competition and give advantage to the newbies and the quiete ones. Just a suggestion :)

dick
05-11-2007, 20:14
Sorry Bel it's ( getting to be a... And there is another site for expats here and people don't do the things they do here. Red Tape - Making Russia Easy - Home Page (http://www.redtape.ru) take a look.

Bels
05-11-2007, 20:29
Sorry Bel it's ( getting to be a... And there is another site for expats here and people don't do the things they do here. Red Tape - Making Russia Easy - Home Page (http://www.redtape.ru) take a look.

Sorry, I mn ot going to even look at this copy cat site again. This is the origonal and number one site> Stop trying to promote boring garbage, it's just like moscow teachers and it died. And so will this copycat site. Stick with the long established. Ha Ha, even Moscow Times took quote from them, what does it say about this newspaper.

Bels
05-11-2007, 20:33
My opinion?? For what's it's worth. Cut all posts that recommend this copy site. Or you may have another opinion, that you don't feel threatened. Because it's boring garbage.

Clean32
05-11-2007, 20:38
TPG. Based on Sals posts, He firstly started by saying he got the sack, for posting in Expat. Then he was saying he only got a Disciplinary. The people who know him say he never actually worked in Russia, or so he told them.
But imagine if Sal was working as an Italian Language teacher, and both students and his colleges were to read what he writes here. I would not be surprised at all if it created problems at his place of work.

If Sal has lost his job due to the idiotic quarrels here, it is NOT FUN AT ALL. NOT AT ALL.

I think such incidents make the site potentially dangerous for anyone who disagrees with the general opnion. I also think it might be one of the reasons why no new posters contribute to the discussions. Just read once again what these discussions are about! But whatever they are, it is too much to report to someone's management about the posts of their employee. OK, let's report on each other to the appropriate embassies in Moscow. Cool! Real democracy and freedom of speech. KGB can have a rest...

I am really sorry for Sal, if what's written about him is true. I also think I was very lucky to be jobless when I was taking part in hot abusive discussions on the old site.

]

Bels
05-11-2007, 20:41
Let's make this the number one site for expats. Let's go for it as we already are. But let's do it without the slightest doubt, Who's in and newbies and silent ones, we need you. Please come in now.

dick
05-11-2007, 20:46

I think such incidents make the site potentially dangerous for anyone who disagrees with the general opinion. I also think it might be one of the reasons why no new posters contribute to the discussions. Just read once again what these discussions are about! But whatever they are, it is too much to report to some one's management about the posts of their employee. OK, let's report on each other to the appropriate embassies in Moscow. Cool! Real democracy and freedom of speech. KGB can have a rest...

]

Yes it makes it bad for anyone who disagrees with Clean32 he is the only one who I read saying to Sal that he would write someone to check on Sal and seems to think it was very funny that Sal lost his job. Clean32 also thinks I have many nicks on this site. If I did I wouldn't have that little red thing over there I would have a bunch of green ones like him. I don't live my life on this site like Clean32 I have other things to do. I came here and on my third day here I was called a liar and a black ass. I would still like him to prove any of his false accusation. He seems to like to accuse people of things. It's some how fun for him to hurt people. He is very spiteful.

So Sal if you are wondering who could have made you lose your job I would say look to the person who would have the most to gain or who would like to hurt you most here on this forum, I think Clean32 is the most likely. What do you thnk?

Bels
05-11-2007, 20:54
And the first fight against this copy-cat site is that all members here should not contribute to this site. There's only room for one, and it's this site, the original and the survivor. Who's in because although I made a few posts there, I promise that I won't be contributing again. who else is in with my agreement. I repeat this site has survived for many years, don't split it, as we are all best together as one.

Competition is great, but in this case it's only an attempt to split us all up.
Let us all ex-pats and English speaking Russians stick together in one place.
DON'T SPLIT US UP !!!! I am very angry about this situation.

Bels
05-11-2007, 21:06
Yes I'm angry, I'm not playing games this time. This issue is serious as I dont want expats and English speaking Russians split up 50/50. It makes no sense at all for us to be apart. competition is one thing, but this is ridiculous, there can only be on and that's the original who has been successful. So the typical moscowteachers forget it. Let's stick together. Who's in as I'm in. Expat.ru is the only one. Everything else in this copy cat site of topics is garbage and very boring.

And Moscow Times. If you want quotes it comes from expat.ru not garbage. expat.ru is the original, perhaps as old as you are..

Let's all get together and prhaps we all might stop complaining of who the monpilisers are and we might be combined as a great force. In one forum. Who's in ????

Judge
05-11-2007, 21:12
Bels, why you so angry about redtape? what happened is in the past and should stay in the past....The problems between the two sites have settled down now,why bring it all up again..

dick
05-11-2007, 21:15
TPG. Based on Sals posts, He firstly started by saying he got the sack, for posting in Expat. Then he was saying he only got a Disciplinary. The people who know him say he never actually worked in Russia, or so he told them.
But imagine if Sal was working as an Italian Language teacher, and both students and his colleges were to read what he writes here. I would not be surprised at all if it created problems at his place of work.

I wasn't talking about what Sal said Clean32 I'm talking about what you have said and you said it many times.

dick
05-11-2007, 21:17
Yes I'm angry, I'm not playing games this time. This issue is serious as I dont want expats and English speaking Russians split up 50/50. It makes no sense at all for us to be apart. competition is one thing, but this is ridiculous, there can only be on and that's the original who has been successful. So the typical moscowteachers forget it. Let's stick together. Who's in as I'm in. Expat.ru is the only one. Everything else in this copy cat site of topics is garbage and very boring.

And Moscow Times. If you want quotes it comes from expat.ru not garbage. expat.ru is the original, perhaps as old as you are..

Let's all get together and prhaps we all might stop complaining of who the monpilisers are and we might be combined as a great force. In one forum. Who's in ????

Sorry guy Clean32 and all the mods here use that site, I for one have never posted on that other site.

Bels
05-11-2007, 21:40
Bels, why you so angry about redtape? what happened is in the past and should stay in the past....The problems between the two sites have settled down now,why bring it all up again..

Because I'm a business thinking person. I have seen what happeneted in my home city Luton. Where there was a leading free newspaper for example. Soon there were a few more and it did no good for the advertisers, it just splits us all up and we had to pay more.

I do believe we should stick as one , and in this particular case, although I believe in strong competition, in this case all it is doing is an attempt to split us apart. And I am not for this. We must stick together and forget the other very boring forum. Who's in ?????

No more promotions from this site or the dead Moscoeteachers please. Because this site is now dead if you now support my belief.

Bels
05-11-2007, 21:45

The site is not established, it's still new and I hope it doesn't exist in the near future. Why?? because we should be together as one with an established forum. Who's in because I've always been in.

Judge
05-11-2007, 21:49
Because I'm a business thinking person. I have seen what happeneted in my home city Luton. Where there was a leading free newspaper for example. Soon there were a few more and it did no good for the advertisers, it just splits us all up and we had to pay more.

I do believe we should stick as one , and in this particular case, although I believe in strong competition, in this case all it is doing is an attempt to split us apart. And I am not for this. We must stick together and forget the other very boring forum. Who's in ?????

No more promotions from this site or the dead Moscoeteachers please. Because this site is now dead if you now support my belief.

Healthy competition mate, that is all...There's room for a few expat sites...Bels you can't tell people where to go and where not to post,like Dick said many from here post on both sites.

By the way, i thought Luton was a town not a city.:)

Len Ganley Stance
05-11-2007, 21:51
my home city Luton.

Calling Luton a City is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on here.:):):)

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:02
Healthy competition mate, that is all...There's room for a few expat sites...Bels you can't tell people where to go and where not to post,like Dick said many from here post on both sites.

By the way, i thought Luton was a town not a city.

As I said, healthy competition in some respects. I gave you the exmple of local newspapers. And the advertisers having to split additional costs to fre newspapers. Now I don't want to see expats and english speaking Russians split up. It only causes a weakness. Stick to the authentic Expat site. That's all I ask. Don't split yourselves up. Let us stick together. Yes healthy competition is one thing, but in some cases all it does is split us up. Let's stick as one. Who's in on this one.

Judge
05-11-2007, 22:07
As I said, healthy competition in some respects. I gave you the exmple of local newspapers. And the advertisers having to split additional costs to fre newspapers. Now I don't want to see expats and english speaking Russians split up. It only causes a weakness. Stick to the authentic Expat site. That's all I ask. Don't split yourselves up. Let us stick together. Yes healthy competition is one thing, but in some cases all it does is split us up. Let's stick as one. Who's in on this one.

OK, good look with your crusade...may the force be with...:vader::vader:

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:09
Calling Luton a City is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on here.:):):)

Why? Is it not big enough? What about St Albans. It's tiny by comparison., In fact it's probably as big as Paris. Yes they have been argueing about the status for years. Lets not forget been a boom town for many years. It has a big expanding population and continues to grow. The villages and towns surrounding it are afraid of their identity. So, what's so funny.

Len Ganley Stance
05-11-2007, 22:10

I think that's called Market forces and advertisers choosing where they want to place their adverts. It's a bit like people choosing to post on whatever forum they want. It's their decision and there is plenty of room for two, if not even more forums like this one and redtape.

Your rant above is more likely to chase people away from here.

Clean32
05-11-2007, 22:13
You realy doint know what you are talking about do you. cool spread some more of your shit.

Yes it makes it bad for anyone who disagrees with Clean32 he is the only one who I read saying to Sal that he would write someone to check on Sal and seems to think it was very funny that Sal lost his job. Clean32 also thinks I have many nicks on this site. If I did I wouldn't have that little red thing over there I would have a bunch of green ones like him. I don't live my life on this site like Clean32 I have other things to do. I came here and on my third day here I was called a liar and a black ass. I would still like him to prove any of his false accusation. He seems to like to accuse people of things. It's some how fun for him to hurt people. He is very spiteful.

So Sal if you are wondering who could have made you lose your job I would say look to the person who would have the most to gain or who would like to hurt you most here on this forum, I think Clean32 is the most likely. What do you thnk?

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:25
Unfortunately, Britain thinks that a city should have a cathedral, and Luton doesn't have one, but wow , they have a quite a few mosques,. So the crazy thing is itdoesn't matter. Anyway to me Luton is a city because it's big and everyone hates it's expansion. It's a boom-town, at the moment it's the airport, in the past it was hats for the whole world, and there was Vauxhalls of course. It now continues in vehicle manufacture and international flight.

Len Ganley Stance
05-11-2007, 22:27
Why? Is it not big enough? What about St Albans. It's tiny by comparison., In fact it's probably as big as Paris. Yes they have been argueing about the status for years. Lets not forget been a boom town for many years. It has a big expanding population and continues to grow. The villages and towns surrounding it are afraid of their identity. So, what's so funny.

Luton has a population of 230,000 according to Wiki. It is not a City. St. Albans is a City because it has a Cathedral and a select group of places in the United Kingdom has this status granted to them by the Monarch.

The population of Paris by the way is about ten times more that Luton.

The reasons the villages and towns surrounding Luton are trying to protect their identity is probably because it's 'Luton'.

Wiki lists a band called UK Decay, amongst other famous people from Luton. Being from Luton, they seem to be appropriately named.

Luton makes Milton Keynes seem like a nice place.

I'm desperately trying to be polite here!!!!

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:33
I think that's called Market forces and advertisers choosing where they want to place their adverts. It's a bit like people choosing to post on whatever forum they want. It's their decision and there is plenty of room for two, if not even more forums like this one and redtape.

Your rant above is more likely to chase people away from here.

I don't think so. I think people comments will become mor diluted if they split. We must stick together. Choose one or the other as I'm sticking we with the original. which is expat.ru and I promise you I won't contribute with other sites. There can only be oen, because we will only weaken ourselves.

Len Ganley Stance
05-11-2007, 22:34
Unfortunately, Britain thinks that a city should have a cathedral, and Luton doesn't have one, but wow , they have a quite a few mosques,. So the crazy thing is itdoesn't matter. Anyway to me Luton is a city because it's big and everyone hates it's expansion. It's a boom-town, at the moment it's the airport, in the past it was hats for the whole world, and there was Vauxhalls of course. It now continues in vehicle manufacture and international flight.

Bels,

Vauxhall's HQ is in Luton BUT they stopped manufacturing there in 2004.

Having an airport certainly creates employment locally but I don't really think that many people go to Luton for their holidays.

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:41
Luton has a population of 230,000 according to Wiki. It is not a City. St. Albans is a City because it has a Cathedral and a select group of places in the United Kingdom has this status granted to them by the Monarch.

The population of Paris by the way is about ten times more that Luton.

The reasons the villages and towns surrounding Luton are trying to protect their identity is probably because it's 'Luton'.

Wiki lists a band called UK Decay, amongst other famous people from Luton. Being from Luton, they seem to be appropriately named.

Luton makes Milton Keynes seem like a nice place.

I'm desperately trying to be polite here!!!!
I know where you are comig from:) but Luton is a fantastic place, other cities and villages are jealous of it's massive expansion, that's where you get the readings. Luton is a progressive city, fighting fot it's status. It's big, let's be fair about that. Much bigger than you stated, well outdated, the figures were higher when I was there.

dick
05-11-2007, 22:45
You realy doint know what you are talking about do you. cool spread some more of your shit.

Isn't that what you do?

It is poven by your post for the world to see.

Like your lack of spelling and your ignorance.

Judge
05-11-2007, 22:46
Bels,

Vauxhall's HQ is in Luton BUT they stopped manufacturing there in 2004.

Having an airport certainly creates employment locally but I don't really think that many people go to Luton for their holidays.

Easyjet put Luton airport on the map,before easyjet ,the airport wasn't worth a visit.

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:51
Problem is , so it is in every town, village and city vastly expanding in the Uk. And they find it a problem to cope.

Len Ganley Stance
05-11-2007, 22:52
I know where you are comig from:) but Luton is a fantastic place, other cities and villages are jealous of it's massive expansion, that's where you get the readings. Luton is a progressive city, fighting fot it's status. It's big, let's be fair about that. Much bigger than you stated, well outdated, the figures were higher when I was there.

The figures I quoted are from the 2006 Census, so they don't get much more up to date than that. Luton is 77th in the list of population centres in England.

Judge
05-11-2007, 22:53
Problem is , so it is in every town, village and city vastly expanding in the Uk. And they find it a problem to cope.

That is true, the ever expanding demand for houses is ripping apart the country side.

dick
05-11-2007, 22:54
Is this the chat room?

Judge
05-11-2007, 22:56
Is this the chat room?

Da da da, it's fun isn't it????

So Dick, how is the music biz going in Russia?? if i remember right, you said you are in the music biz.:jester:

Judge
05-11-2007, 22:58
Dick, this is the right thread for us to chat freely in,,, it's about the mods and they aren't around so we can do what the f*ck we want....

Bels
05-11-2007, 22:59

By the way, i thought Luton was a town not a city.:)

Ther's no room for one in this case. It's one or the other. And let's stop this crap about copy-cat sites and stick to the original. Who's in, I am staying here.

dick
05-11-2007, 23:03
Dick, this is the right thread for us to chat freely in,,, it's about the mods and they aren't around so we can do what the f*ck we want....

It's going good thanks.

But how are the Clean32 loving racist mods going to find my post and ban me?

Judge
05-11-2007, 23:08
It's going good thanks.

But how are the Clean32 loving racist mods going to find my post and ban me?
Good to hear things are going well, what do you do in the music world here.
About getting banned
That's easy mate, you can just ban yourself .Don't post anymore,but why would you want to be banned?

Clean32
05-11-2007, 23:12
Isn't that what you do?.

Show 1 post where you have helped offerd advice, or contributed to this site ?

It is poven by your post for the world to see..

Correct, as are your posts

Like your lack of spelling and your ignorance.

Yes my spelling is crap, but I am far from ignorant. Again what knowledge have you contributed to this site, apart from threats and lies, what have you actually done here, or in life. Apart from the obvious, have you lived in any other counties? Speak any other languages, if so how many? Where do you live in a cardboard box a house an apartment. Do you own your apartment if so how many do you own, do you work if so what as?

As you have only stated that you have American citizenship and I am one of 3 people who posted that you don’t appear to be American, yet you only repeat in part and out of context complete with distortions my posts?? Is it your inferiority complex ? That some one like me can carve out a living in Russia, or any of the other countries I have lived in??

You resort to verbal threats, and threats of violence, yet my movements are usually posted, my location is available, and you know where I am in the future even. So why bother making hollow childish threats in the first place, when your not even really a true man.

What you don’t know. Is how I came to be in Russia, where I have been, and why I got temp res in 3 weeks and res in 5 months.

dick
05-11-2007, 23:16
I don't really care much for this place and I only come here to give Clean32 a bad time. He thinks he's the judge, jury, and executioner. But he's just a racist fool. How do you like being a racist Clean32?

Clean32
05-11-2007, 23:21
I don't really care much for this place and I only come here to give Clean32 a bad time. He thinks he's the judge, jury, and executioner. But he's just a racist fool. How do you like being a racist Clean32?

LOL peaple that know me know im not, so what you say means Squat.

Keep posting, its good for my Greens LOL

dick
05-11-2007, 23:28
It is you who have the inferiority thing going on that's why you come here to act like you know things but don't. I know you are a racist that you showed in my intro.

You came here to runaway from something and be with your mail order bride.

I have offered to meet you many times and hide your face in photos on this site.

dick
05-11-2007, 23:30
LOL peaple that know me know im not, so what you say means Squat.

Keep posting, its good for my Greens LOL

That's why you were warned in my intro not to use racist remarks.

it's good for my greens too take a look. I don't give them to myself like you do though.

Clean32
05-11-2007, 23:44
It is you who have the inferiority thing going on that's why you come here to act like you know things but don't. I know you are a racist that you showed in my intro..

Am i LOL thats just what you say i am

You came here to runaway from something and be with your mail order bride...

run away from what ?? and as to my wife LOL mail order i doint think so, do you have a wife no you doint thays why you spend all your time online trying to chat up teenagers
But then you post about america as if you hate the place, i supose you are in the RF becouse maybe you cant be sent back there, what are you running from then

I have offered to meet you many times and hide your face in photos on this site.

well come on up to Yaro then doint just talk about it. besides the only thing you have offerd is to beat me up, and to have the FSB cancel my visa, LOL

dick
05-11-2007, 23:47
People who are not racist don't call other people black asses.

It does not matter how much money you have, it's the respect you show for others that makes you a good person.

and you show none.

Bels
05-11-2007, 23:48
Oh! Oh where are we going again.Nowhere!

Bels
06-11-2007, 17:51
Easyjet put Luton airport on the map,before easyjet ,the airport wasn't worth a visit.

I went to Florida from Luton, and it wasn't Easy Jet. It's a great city, and of course Luton is furious from recent articles about it. A nice are just 20 minutes to the centre of London. What else could you posibly want. And lovely pubs in every corner :)

Also with some of the most beautiful country side views and villages surrounding the city .

Len Ganley Stance
06-11-2007, 18:06
Bels,

I'll type this very slowly as you obviously haven't got the message yet....

LUTON IS NOT A CITY

The most recent BEST THING that ever happened to Luton, was in 1985 when Millwall supporters rioted in the TOWN and caused thousands of pounds worth of IMPROVEMENTS :ignore:

Judge
06-11-2007, 18:07
Bels,

I'll type this very slowly as you obviously haven't got the message yet....

LUTON IS NOT A CITY

The most recent BEST THING that ever happened to Luton, was in 1985 when Millwall supporters rioted in the TOWN and caused thousands of pounds worth of IMPROVEMENTS :ignore:
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Down and out TOWNS love it when Millwall visit.

Bels
06-11-2007, 18:13
It's a city, because I say so. If I said to foreigners here it was a town they would think it was tiny like a village.

And because Luton continues to put the pressure on to make it a city. It will happen eventually with the official stamp.

ezik
06-11-2007, 18:22
People who are not racist don't call other people black asses.

It does not matter how much money you have, it's the respect you show for others that makes you a good person.

and you show none.

I suppose that Dick and Clean32 have never met in person.

Dick, stop crying about one remark in one post. If this is your only point to be on this forum, please go and get a life elsewhere.

Maybe indeed a good idea, Dick, if you show up for paintball. You might find out that users here, especially Clean32, are NOT a racist bunch. And we may find out that you're a likeable person, too.

Gents, really, quit the mud throwing. I've had enough of it.

Judge
06-11-2007, 18:24
It's a city, because I say so.

I thought Brown was the leader of England..:jester:

Bels
06-11-2007, 18:26
I thought Brown was the leader of England..:jester:

Not even he is going to stop me calling it a city :)

Judge
06-11-2007, 18:33
Found this,looks like your wish will come true..

Discover Befordshire and Luton - the official leisure, entertainment and tourist guide for the county of Bedfordshire (http://www.discoverbedfordshire.co.uk/article.php?id=60&issueopen=0)

Bels, i tell russians i come from a small village, no shame in that..

Bels
06-11-2007, 18:47
Thanks for that, I like it " A city in all but name " And it's official name will come eventually.

Yes, you're right. I don't like living in cities and I live in a village now.
However once forced into an argument I get rather stubborn now and again.

Len Ganley Stance
06-11-2007, 18:58
Bels,

This is from the Urban Dictionary website..........

Urban Dictionary: luton (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=luton&defid=1243204)

Seems fairly accurate.

I think you'll find also that it takes a tad longer than 20 minutes to get from Luton to the centre of London. Thameslink takes about 50 minutes from Luton Parkway (the airport in other words) to Kings Cross.

Bleedin' hell you doggedly arguing that Luton is a City (it's NOT!!!!) has gotten me so annoyed that I'm remembering train timetables in the UK :groan:

Where did I leave that anorack.

Bels
06-11-2007, 19:23
No, you are wrong. I've been on that train. If we are talking about the express, it takes 20 minutes and no stops until it reaches London and staraight through the tube to centre. A train every twenty minutes on peak period. You got on the wrong train, the slow one that hits every stop such as Hearpendon an St albns. There are also the M1 and the M25 links taking a 30 minute drive. London is a mere 30 miles away.

Bels
06-11-2007, 19:31
Bels,

This is from the Urban Dictionary website..........

Urban Dictionary: luton (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=luton&defid=1243204)

Seems fairly accurate.

I think you'll find also that it takes a tad longer than 20 minutes to get from Luton to the centre of London. Thameslink takes about 50 minutes from Luton Parkway (the airport in other words) to Kings Cross.

Bleedin' hell you doggedly arguing that Luton is a City (it's NOT!!!!) has gotten me so annoyed that I'm remembering train timetables in the UK :groan:

Where did I leave that anorack.

It's amazing what garbage you may find on the web. Who wrote it, YOU??
No I think you will find Judges address a lot more professional than this garbage.

QUOTE:
LUTON IS A CITY IN ALL BUT NAME AND WILL CONTINUE TO FLOURISH AND EXPAND ITS ECONOMY

Len Ganley Stance
06-11-2007, 20:07
It's amazing what garbage you may find on the web. Who wrote it, YOU??

No, I didn't write it. Having been to Luton on a number of occasions I would have been far less generous in my appraisal of the place.

QUOTE:
LUTON IS A CITY IN ALL BUT NAME AND WILL CONTINUE TO FLOURISH AND EXPAND ITS ECONOMY

Considering the link that Judge posted is the official leisure, entertainment and tourist guide for the county of Bedfordshire it's hardly surprising that they paint Luton in anything other than glowing terms.

That said though, this paragraph from the article paints a slightly gloomy picture in my books -

Mr Chick concluded: “Luton in many respects was like an industrial manufacturing town transplanted into the Chiltern Hills, and it’s a town that has had to reinvent itself. It’s a town that’s grown on a strong manufacturing base, but had to change following the decline of the hat businesses and then following the loss of car manufacturing, the closure of Croda and Laportes and electrical product manufacturing at Electrolux.

“It’s a town that could have felt sorry for itself, but instead, Luton has a great story to tell – and now it’s ready to reinvent itself again.”

Here's another link I'll throw at you. Some crime stats for Luton.

Crime Figures for Luton - UpMyStreet (http://www.upmystreet.com/local/police-crime/figures/l/Luton-4298.html)

Sounds like a nice place

Bels
06-11-2007, 20:22
It's a city, what do you expect.

What's the crime statistics in London. In fact what's the crime statistics where you live. We have crime and we have to live with it. I never personally experienced any of these statistics.

It looks like even you couldn't keep away from Luton. It's like a magnt isn't it.

Len Ganley Stance
06-11-2007, 21:20
It's a city, what do you expect.

Len bangs head on wall :rant:

What's the crime statistics in London. In fact what's the crime statistics where you live. We have crime and we have to live with it. I never personally experienced any of these statistics.

You can get the crime stats for London on here -

Crime Statistics for England and Wales (http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/page1.asp)

As I live in Moscow and have done since 2001, the only crime statistics I could probably get my hands on would probably be from the Moscow Times and we all know how reliable a source of information that particular journal is.

It looks like even you couldn't keep away from Luton. It's like a magnt isn't it.

Fortunately any visits I had to make to Luton were to see it's main (and only redeeming) attraction - the airport's Departure Lounge :agree:

Bels,

On that thread 'where are we all from' or whatever it's called, you said you were originally from Scotland but spent some time living near London (I guess that was Luton you were writing about). You also said that you had been in the Merchant Navy, which presumably means that you travelled the world, I would have thought that you would have seen some interesting places on your travels and perhaps recognised that Luton really is not the fantastic place you make it out to be. Then again, if your time in the Merchant Navy was spent on the Gravesend Ferry (between Gravesend and Tilbury), perhaps Luton does seem attractive.

Bels
06-11-2007, 22:28
I have travelled the world from the age of 16yrs. I loved many places including New Zealand, Peking, Trinidad, the Panama, Sweden, Norway Finland, Africa including Durban and North and Est of Africa, can,t remember for. First ship up the Nile before the mines.Peking and Singapore. To mention a few, But when I got back to London I missed my family and friends in Luton.

And of course the pubs where I had a fantastic and friendly time. That's what it's all about, your family and friends in the place you live.

Yes, I was born in Scotland,in Greenock and I was only a young child. I have been back there a few times. I was lucky to back there a few times and explore the area in a car and yes I tried the ferries . It was beautiful.

But in the end you miss your family and your friends in where you live most.

ezik
07-11-2007, 02:40
This thread got completely hijacked and it sort of answers the question:
we mods are nowhere. We let very suggestive threads being hijacked by evil Luton-born spirits. Or by anybody for that matter.

Guys, shall we close this one? I think all that needed to be said has been said? Luton doesn't deserve a new thread, but anyone who thinks it does, is welcome to start a new one.

Unless I get very heavy resistance, this thread will be closed soon.

Judge
07-11-2007, 04:25
It's a nice title to have at the top of expat.ru...WHERE THE F*UCK ARE THE MODS....:jester::jester::jester:Newbies will be thinking that it's the wild west here with no mod control....
I agree with shuting the thread down..:agree::agree::agree:
and we have come to an agreement that Luton is a TOWN..:shhhhhh::shhhhhh:

MickeyTong
07-11-2007, 04:39
Luton..........a big suburb, pretending to be a city.

Len Ganley Stance
07-11-2007, 07:40
This thread got completely hijacked and it sort of answers the question:
we mods are nowhere. We let very suggestive threads being hijacked by evil Luton-born spirits. Or by anybody for that matter.

Guys, shall we close this one? I think all that needed to be said has been said? Luton doesn't deserve a new thread, but anyone who thinks it does, is welcome to start a new one.

Unless I get very heavy resistance, this thread will be closed soon.

CLOSE IT DOWN!!!!

Luton that is and you may as well close the thread as well.

Bels
07-11-2007, 11:21
Well, I won't be going to my beloved city for a long time :) I've just got my residency :fireworks: :fireworks:

:fireworks: :fireworks:

Yes you close the thread now :)

And it's Scottish born. Give me the last word on this thread :)

SalTheReturn
07-11-2007, 11:26
True.
Lifted the ban. Did infraction thingy, which is more like a warning.

yes Ezik keep just banning Sal (or approving his banning by not fighting back the choice of other mods), thats the best way to show you and the other mods are taking measures whilst all you are actually doing it is eliminating the top of the iceberg

as i see the site is still full of swear words and unpolite expressions

hijack? dont crack me up, there are at least 5 people who should be banned coz of that

now if you decide to ban me permanently i am fine with that, just do not block my IP because i need to see whats going on in Moscow and the rest of Russia. Even on redtape i was banned but by the end they finally accepted to make me read the forum.

Regards

A.

SalTheReturn
07-11-2007, 11:30

]

Sal has not lost his job, he was formally warned. Thats it...can you people read for gods sake?

Andy B
07-11-2007, 11:57
Thats it...can you people read for gods sake?

LOL, even when sombody defends you, you make a scene!

SalTheReturn
07-11-2007, 14:00
LOL, even when sombody defends you, you make a scene!

Really???

Nobody except TGP, Judge, Jheisel, Moscowmail on few occasions, and few others have ever defended me

Actually what the above mentioned people did was just saying the truth (exception it is Moscowmail), not even defending.
I need no people defending me, i need people saying the truth.
There is no reasons to lie about me, because I do not give a crap to my virtual website friends (who are they? do they know me? what can they give me?) and hence always tell the truth.
Truth that i would rather avoid telling in a one to one conversation where i care of my interlocutor.

It seems like here to say I had sex with a 20yo girl becomes "sal hook up with underaged chicks" or "i have received a formal warning" becomes "sal has been sacked"

what a bunch of losers really.

regards