PDA

View Full Version : Ezik - Can we...

RichardB
29-09-2012, 00:30
.. have HTML enabled please?

I want to play with countdown timers etc in my sig.

:)

RichardB
29-09-2012, 01:09
And can we have the ability to delete our own posts turned on as well?

TolkoRaz
29-09-2012, 01:10

Planning an internet suicide?

TolkoRaz
29-09-2012, 01:10
And can we have the ability to delete our own posts turned on as well?

Just edit the post and delete the text!

RichardB
29-09-2012, 01:11
Just edit the post and delete the text!

I know that one already but other vbulletin sites have it :(

RichardB
29-09-2012, 01:12
Planning an internet suicide?

Nope, something much MORE irritating!

TolkoRaz
29-09-2012, 01:20
Nope, something much MORE irritating!

:D

Have you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19763649

RichardB
29-09-2012, 01:36

Have you seen this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19763649

And you believe Fox News??!!

TolkoRaz
29-09-2012, 01:39
And you believe Fox News??!!

I don't believe their apology! ;)

robertmf
29-09-2012, 01:56

Enabling the HTML for vBulletin users will open up the board to potential script insertion attacks. This is a well-known vulnerability.

ezik
29-09-2012, 02:27
I'm against it at the moment, as HTML would allow for some very powerful code, potentially compromising some privacy mechanisms. Especially in the light of recent reports of stalking, I'm not ready to open up the forum to technical experiments.

Playing with countdown timers?

No, not ready to open the door for that, sorry. It hardly makes a business case for this forum to risk its reputation.

RichardB
29-09-2012, 02:34
I'm against it at the moment, as HTML would allow for some very powerful code, potentially compromising some privacy mechanisms. Especially in the light of recent reports of stalking, I'm not ready to open up the forum to technical experiments.

No, not ready to open the door for that, sorry. It hardly makes a business case for this forum to risk its reputation.

Boo... How about the aMP3 mod then?

RichardB
29-09-2012, 02:46
Many moons ago I was a member of a forum that had html enabled and those of us who were technically adept at html soon realised that we could have bunches of flowers and the likes flying about the screen, annoying mdi music playing etc on selected threads.

Ah, those were the days :)

ezik
29-09-2012, 02:53
Noted as a request for change, in the category Nice-to-have.

There's some other matters that have priority over it.

Happy to give it a think, but not something I'm gonna implement just right now. Especially as some other changes are coming up.

Thanks for the idea.

Benedikt
29-09-2012, 08:22

I don't believe their apology! ;)

they do anything and everything for their ratings. sensational and yellow journalism at its best.

Periwinkle
29-09-2012, 09:03

I am not that tech savvy but Richard, aren't you an IT guy? If it means people can alter messages and snoop, that's not cool.

TolkoRaz
29-09-2012, 11:06
Many moons ago I was a member of a forum that had html enabled and those of us who were technically adept at html soon realised that we could have bunches of flowers and the likes flying about the screen, annoying mdi music playing etc on selected threads.

Seems like another reason not to have it enabled! :book: