PDA

View Full Version : Being stalked by a forum member

RichardB
28-09-2012, 00:02
For the last couple of months I have been receiving random explicit text messages and phone calls from a forum member.

I know it is a forum member as this person has been stupid enough to give away far too many clues and topics in their messages.

Now, enough is enough.

I have a acquaintance who works for O2 Engineering Services (a UK mobile provider). This person did a triangulation location on the mobile phone (which is usually switch off but mobile phones always transmit a heartbeat 'pulse' to the base stations) sending me these messages and I now know:

Who the person is.
This persons address.
The phone number (obviously).
Their work details.
Contact details for their work colleagues.
Who lives at their home address.
Their email addresses.

Isn't it amazing what you can learn from the internet with a little bit of detective work :)

Now, you know who you are. I know who you are and you know that I know who you are.

This is going to stop. Now. It was never funny or interesting. You get a kick out of being anonymous but that kick will eventually backfire on you.

Comprende Senor?

Shooters
28-09-2012, 00:05
Publish all here right now :)

PeteD
28-09-2012, 00:05
Excellent detective work!!

Now I'm intrigued!

Was the "Senor" a clue?

TolkoRaz
28-09-2012, 00:06
Instead of writing the above, why did you not just send a text back detailing all of the above? :confused:

Shooters
28-09-2012, 00:06
Is the idiot AWESOME?

RichardB
28-09-2012, 00:09
Instead of writing the above, why did you not just send a text back detailing all of the above? :confused:

Bacause doing it this way will make this person realise that the anonymity that they have been hiding behind hasn't worked.

robertmf
28-09-2012, 00:10
Is the idiot AWESOME?

FlakeySnowballer :bong: :doh: That's my guess ;) or DDT

TolkoRaz
28-09-2012, 00:11
Its BaaaaaaaaaaaaaabyGirl! :)

If so, please share my mobilni with her :D

TolkoRaz
28-09-2012, 00:13
There is certainly one former member who springs immediately to mind - he / she had a habit of sending malicious text messages and e-mails to various site members and their partners! :book:

robertmf
28-09-2012, 00:16
There is certainly one former member who springs immediately to mind - he / she had a habit of sending malicious text messages and e-mails to various site members and their partners! :book:

Not to me ... ... :whisper: Кто :question:

sis
28-09-2012, 00:18
The good old shooters vs Drtnsnw soap opera is coming back to a forum near me :)

I don't know why people take things so seriously... To go to the trouble of writing messages from a 'secret' number... some things are beyond me.

I think that the best advice I could give to such spammers is to limit their forum use to once a week, that way you wont get so worked up about things

Shooters
28-09-2012, 00:25
ah? Give me a link please :)

Sending SMS from ANY phone number is easy; there are special devices that can spoof your real number and can do this, for sending SMS (and even for calls:)))

Interested people, please contact me, but I reserve the right to decline orders :)

The good old shooters vs Drtnsnw soap opera is coming back to a forum near me :)

I don't know why people take things so seriously... To go to the trouble of writing messages from a 'secret' number... some things are beyond me.

I think that the best advice I could give to such spammers is to limit their forum use to once a week, that way you wont get so worked up about things

RichardB
28-09-2012, 00:46

This person is a current member who posts regularly.

TolkoRaz
28-09-2012, 00:48
Well, I hope you get it sorted, but I would have thought that the direct approach would have been the best way to deal with it - Man to Man, unless of course, its a woman! ;) But the 'Senor' would suggest its a male! :10310:

Judge
28-09-2012, 00:52
This is a serious accusation towards a forum member, if it's from forum member.
No need for this thread to turn into a guessing game..

I suggest you PM Ezik with the info you have got and he will look into it.
Thread closed..