PDA

View Full Version : What's the one thing you crave, would die for, and can't live without?

Jas
23-09-2012, 09:29
For me the answer is simple: just one word never fails to turn me on- FAME.

I obsess about being famous all the time. I have done so since I was a child and it's really deep rooted in me head u can say.
This is why I write novels: to get prizes, to make acceptance speeches, to have flowers showered upon me amidst thunderous applause as banks of cameras flash. It's like a drug. It takes u also to another reality, where u just have the world at ure feet and everyone hangs on ure every breath.
I think I wud handle fame really well also and I wud no how to handle it as such.
I just want to stand in front of thousands of people and feel I got them all lapping out of the palm of me hand like little cats. I want the glamour, the cars, the jewels, the furs, the fashion, the sex, the adulation, cos it's living life to the max cos once ure dead- that seems to be it.

I will never give up trying to get published and I KNOW I will do it sooner or later cos this is my destiny.

So guys, what can't you live without?

Here is me song and stuff. This sums up me struggle to hang in there even when I got these artistic issues with the literary agents.

Hall Of Fame - The Script feat. will.i.am (Lyrics) - YouTube

Benedikt
23-09-2012, 10:24
nothing that i can not do without, since i have everything i want, and what i can not get, it is not worth dying for. because, how would i enjoy it, if i would than be dead... ( i know the proverb is a only metaphor and nothing is worth dying for)

ddixon85
23-09-2012, 10:26
I think your answer doesn't fit your question, because you what you're craving you never had it, so you can live without it.

I must say very superficial dream you have.

For me, give me a watermelon and my mood changes xD

Jas
23-09-2012, 11:18
I think your answer doesn't fit your question, because you what you're craving you never had it, so you can live without it.

I must say very superficial dream you have.

For me, give me a watermelon and my mood changes xD

Can I live without fame though? I got serious ambition, I'm on a mission, and I got no plans of failing.

andymackem
23-09-2012, 15:18
Can I live without fame though? I got serious ambition, I'm on a mission, and I got no plans of failing.

Well, you're not famous. You're also not dead. So my money is on 'Yes, Jas can live without fame'.

However, I'd suggest if your reason for writing is to win prizes and have your photo taken, you're likely to struggle. Most novels worth reading are written because the novelist has something to say. If it's being in the papers that excites you, audition for X Factor or go on Big Brother or something.

MickeyTong
23-09-2012, 15:45
For me the answer is simple: just one word never fails to turn me on- FAME.

Sorry, Jas - I thought you had more depth.

Being British, you will know about "Jordan" - she is worth mega-millions, and very famous (for having a big mouth and very synthetic tits).

Jas
23-09-2012, 21:13
Sorry, Jas - I thought you had more depth.

Being British, you will know about "Jordan" - she is worth mega-millions, and very famous (for having a big mouth and very synthetic tits).

I do have depth I think and I want to be famous for the right reasons, for spectacular novels, for my political message, for the artistic voice that I got. Maybe somtimes I am a bit 'weak'.... but I got depth and I got artistic and political integrity.
If I didn't have that I would presumably be content to be a Pakistani girl with as u say- a big mouth (I can't stake a claim to the big tits though).

bydand
23-09-2012, 21:55
Food.

ddixon85
23-09-2012, 23:11
I do have depth I think and I want to be famous for the right reasons, for spectacular novels, for my political message, for the artistic voice that I got. Maybe somtimes I am a bit 'weak'.... but I got depth and I got artistic and political integrity.
If I didn't have that I would presumably be content to be a Pakistani girl with as u say- a big mouth (I can't stake a claim to the big tits though).

being famous for the right reasons? what is that?!

saying wanting to be famous for the right reasons is having no depth. specially if you say you have a political message and you want to become famous no matter what. The only thing that makes me think is that you will say anything or do anything to have your 1 second of fame.

scd167
23-09-2012, 23:22

Jas, I hope your novels have lots of pictures and STUFF. I am sure you WUD have lots of artistic integrity and STUFF as well. You are truly a genius and STUFF, or is that idiot savant and STUFF?

Russian Lad
24-09-2012, 04:39
I do have depth I think and I want to be famous for the right reasons, for spectacular novels, for my political message, for the artistic voice that I got.

I think you would become pretty famous here (see below). My question is - why wait?

Mental Asylum - YouTube

Jas
24-09-2012, 09:15
I think you would become pretty famous here (see below). My question is - why wait?

Huh, very funny.

Jas
24-09-2012, 09:52
Jas, I hope your novels have lots of pictures and STUFF. I am sure you WUD have lots of artistic integrity and STUFF as well. You are truly a genius and STUFF, or is that idiot savant and STUFF?

Why is everything about me? Wudn't u just like to comment on the post.... u know, like for a change?

Jas
24-09-2012, 10:07
being famous for the right reasons? what is that?!

As Mickey Tony told: not being famous for ure big mouth and big tits.

ddixon85
24-09-2012, 11:07
congrats Jas! You're famous!! in expat.ru!!

I think is the most far that you will get, if you really want to go further, I recommend you, stay away from the internet, disconnect yourself, and actually work... and work work... maybe you will find inspiration enough and get more stuff done.. more writting more possibilities right?

so if you're really serious about this superficial dream of you of being famous, stop wasting your time writing nonsense over here and start doing something about your dream!

Jas
24-09-2012, 11:12
congrats Jas! You're famous!! in expat.ru!!

I think is the most far that you will get, if you really want to go further, I recommend you, stay away from the internet, disconnect yourself, and actually work... and work work... maybe you will find inspiration enough and get more stuff done.. more writting more possibilities right?

so if you're really serious about this superficial dream of you of being famous, stop wasting your time writing nonsense over here and start doing something about your dream!

I can't do anything about it cos I am waiting to get back to Russia and not at all at ease where I am. Then I will start writing to literary agents again- when I am at home in me normal place of living and in the right frame of mind.

Ure right.... u want to be in the hall of fame- u got to work and work for it.
For me, I got no issue with that and I wrote 3 novels- that's 450,000 words in total- plus all the months of editing me stuff.

natlee
24-09-2012, 11:17
Love :inlove: and potatoes :D

Russian Lad
24-09-2012, 22:28
Weeds, black caviar, champaigne and group sex. :locked:

Jas
25-09-2012, 09:09
Weeds, black caviar, champaigne and group sex. :locked:

I like caviar, the synthetic stuff that costs 25 roubles a jar.

ddixon85
25-09-2012, 10:26
I can't do anything about it cos I am waiting to get back to Russia and not at all at ease where I am. Then I will start writing to literary agents again- when I am at home in me normal place of living and in the right frame of mind.

Ure right.... u want to be in the hall of fame- u got to work and work for it.
For me, I got no issue with that and I wrote 3 novels- that's 450,000 words in total- plus all the months of editing me stuff.

can't do is don't want to. pfff excuses... well.. 3 novels and nothing.. I could write 1 and be famous right away, as the same I can write 1000 and dont get anything.

By the way.. in theory you're a writer. shouldn't you be giving the example on writing very well?

Jas
25-09-2012, 11:20
can't do is don't want to. pfff excuses... well.. 3 novels and nothing.. I could write 1 and be famous right away, as the same I can write 1000 and dont get anything.

By the way.. in theory you're a writer. shouldn't you be giving the example on writing very well?

Dixon, if u look over me posts u will see many examples of writing.

So u cud write a novel and be famous, yeah? So what's stopping u and stuff?

scd167
25-09-2012, 11:35

That is exactly the point, your "examples of writing" here indicate that your novels must use the word "stuff" a million times?

:Loco:

Jas
25-09-2012, 12:23
That is exactly the point, your "examples of writing" here indicate that your novels must use the word "stuff" a million times?

:Loco:

Er, I'm not writing a novel when I type on this site I don't think thanks. So I can just write in a normal way- which is like we are speaking together just.

eve.ver
25-09-2012, 16:51
The difference between Knowing you're sh*t and knowing your sh*t! and stuff..:shhhhhh:

mrzuzzo
25-09-2012, 17:10
Jas can we see some links to your novels on Amazon?

The curiosity is killing me.... (and stuff)

ddixon85
25-09-2012, 19:03

Saying I could, doesn't mean I want. I'm not interested on such superficial things, and for what? for the purpose of feeling better because I'm too unsecure that I need to be reminded that I'm worth it by the "joyful" things that hypocrites say to me... pfff you have no idea.

You write well? like in normal conversations? really?

JAS: "Here is me song and stuff."

Jas
25-09-2012, 19:40
Jas can we see some links to your novels on Amazon?

The curiosity is killing me.... (and stuff)

Er, just go to ure local bookshop and ask for "Nightmares of a Byzantine Princess," or "Temptations of a Byzantine Princess," or "Triumph of a Byzantine Princess."
Go and ask also for a copy of "Rafaela's Madonna."
All of these are MY books that I done- first 3 is all finished, last is in editing.
Ok, they're not available to the public, yeah, that's right, but they are done.

If u want a copy..... wait until I get publis:queen:hed.

Jas
25-09-2012, 19:42
Saying I could, doesn't mean I want. I'm not interested on such superficial things, and for what? for the purpose of feeling better because I'm too unsecure"

Er, do u think I am writing cos I am unsecure? I think it's u who is unsecure and that's why u keep doing these posts. I am totally sure of myself thanks.
Are u sure of urself? I think no maybe.

ddixon85
25-09-2012, 19:59
Er, do u think I am writing cos I am unsecure? I think it's u who is unsecure and that's why u keep doing these posts. I am totally sure of myself thanks.
Are u sure of urself? I think no maybe.

JAS: "This is why I write novels: to get prizes, to make acceptance speeches, to have flowers showered upon me amidst thunderous applause as banks of cameras flash. It's like a drug. It takes u also to another reality, where u just have the world at ure feet and everyone hangs on ure every breath."

You said it not me. Just for the end of filling you ego, not because you like to do it.

Whatever you "think" about your impressions about me, I'm sure is just nonsense just like most of the things that you say, so it really doesnt intrigue me at all