PDA

View Full Version : 180 day visa clarification

XRM
26-10-2007, 20:14
A friend received a 1 year multiple entry visa August 07. Upon arrival in Aug, he registered with OVIR and they gave him a one year registration. Two weeks ago he went on a trip and prior to departure, he turned in his registration.

Yesterday when he came back, he went back to OVIR to get his new registration. They gave him a new registration noting that as of yesterdays date, he now had 180 days remaining in Russia - much less time that he was planning to stay according to his plans last August.

1. Is this consistent with what others are experiencing?

2. From a technical standpoint, if he leaves Russia 179 days from now, can he return when his visa expires in Aug 08 (with a new visa), or will he be required to wait 180 days after has left Russia this spring meaning that he would not be able to return to Russia until approx 20 Oct 2008?

3. Does OVIR require turning in your registration, even if leaving Russai just for one day?

Maxim
26-10-2007, 20:42
A friend received a 1 year multiple entry visa August 07. Upon arrival in Aug, he registered with OVIR and they gave him a one year registration. It was OVIR mistake.

They gave him a new registration noting that as of yesterdays date, he now had 180 days remaining in Russia - much less time that he was planning to stay according to his plans last August. Best way - to take a train to Ukraine and come back same day.

1. Is this consistent with what others are experiencing?Yes, it was a law: noone can stay more then 180 days (exluding some special visa). Now the law is more strict.

2. From a technical standpoint, if he leaves Russia 179 days from now, can he return when his visa expires in Aug 08He can return same day.

3. Does OVIR require turning in your registration, even if leaving Russai just for one day?YES!

P.S. What kind of visa your friend has? 1 year + 365 days stay? Business?

26-10-2007, 22:58
One year is a major mistake as even before the new law, registration was made for never more than SIX MONTHS.

vantru
27-10-2007, 11:47
One year registration is a major screw up now all you can get, by law, is 3 months.

It is true that you can stay 180 days, with a 1yr ME business visa, in the territory of Russia but not continuosly.

You have to exit the country after, a maximum, 90 days then you have to stay out of Russia 90 more days and then you can come back for another 90 days to complete your 180 days per year.
The new visas have all this written on the bottom part of the visa sticker that they put in your passport, I just did this the 18th of October.

As per the registration the law says that every time you leave Russia you have to turn your registration in and make a new one when you came back, also because if you keep the old registration the data, date stamp & MC number, will not match your new migration card.

Now looking at the registration from a different point of view it is impossible at this moment that the Fms office, the border patrol and the police that stop you in the street are on the same page therefore the only thing that can make the street police find out the the registration is old is the difference between the date stamp on the new migration card and the date stamp on the old registration......It is a long shot but I reccomend to do it every time you came back...less problems.

Steve_W
12-11-2007, 16:15
Why is it that things differ from case to case

On 13th September I was issued my 1 year multi entry visa at the Russian Embassy in Riga. I live in Voronezh (for the last 5 years) and am a UK citizen.

There is NO additional information printed at the bottom of the visa, nothing about 90 days at all. When I returned to Voronezh the OVIR gave me the usual 6 month registration. I visited England a few weeks ago and returned to Voronezh on 1st November...when I went to get the new registration they only gave me until 27th Jan 2008 stating that the new law applies to me.... and I cant return before 27th May.

So it seems that whether your visa was issued before the date of the new law or not, as mine was, it applies to everyone regardless of if your visa states this rule on it or not !!

I have a Russian wife and daughter that I will have to abandon for 3 months in the New Year !!!! There is no time to get temporary residence status because that takes 6-9 months from what I read on this forum. They really do hate us it seems to me !!

Steve

GMC
12-11-2007, 16:32
Sorry for your problem, I have the same. "They" don't hate us, the government hates us for many reasons. Firstly because it is our technology, expertise, and knowledge in the oil/gas banking manufacturing sectors.

Secondly because every time the government destroys the lives of the people, some one else has to step in and help; THUS THE INFERIORITY COMPLEX. They can't/won't/refuse/ to take any responsibility.
This is a result of 70 years of communism.

Thirdly and most importantly is CONTROL. any other viewpoint is ( from their point) is aggressive and provocative in nature( an attack from the west )

THe average person here has told me that this new visa policy is madness that will damage the country greatly. I agree. In a country with a huge labor shortage and declining population, anything as stupid as this only proves that decisions made are not exactly prudent for society and are only to maintain control

Do the math 410 billion in the reserve. 144 miliion russians.. find out how much
the gov. could help the people 284million for every russian. GREED IS SOMETHING IS"NT IT

Judge
12-11-2007, 16:46
Why is it that things differ from case to case

On 13th September I was issued my 1 year multi entry visa at the Russian Embassy in Riga. I live in Voronezh (for the last 5 years) and am a UK citizen.

There is NO additional information printed at the bottom of the visa, nothing about 90 days at all. When I returned to Voronezh the OVIR gave me the usual 6 month registration. I visited England a few weeks ago and returned to Voronezh on 1st November...when I went to get the new registration they only gave me until 27th Jan 2008 stating that the new law applies to me.... and I cant return before 27th May.

So it seems that whether your visa was issued before the date of the new law or not, as mine was, it applies to everyone regardless of if your visa states this rule on it or not !!

I have a Russian wife and daughter that I will have to abandon for 3 months in the New Year !!!! There is no time to get temporary residence status because that takes 6-9 months from what I read on this forum. They really do hate us it seems to me !!

Steve
They don't care if there is no additional information on the visa... a new law came into effect in oct that will hit all biz visas...
I'm in the same boat... i'm in my first month away from my wife... just 2 more to go..:)

Ales
12-11-2007, 22:55
I left Russia a few months ago after two years of work in Moscow. This is the first time that I hear about the fact that one has to actually stay out of the country for 90-day periods - that's absolutely crazy. So what do firms do when they want to keep a foreign worker in their Moscow office for a year or two?

xSnoofovich
12-11-2007, 23:00
have a work visa?

Ales
12-11-2007, 23:14
Do you mean the 90-day rule applies only to those with a business or tourist visa?

Bels
12-11-2007, 23:22
Yes

13-11-2007, 09:27
So what do firms do when they want to keep a foreign worker in their Moscow office for a year or two?

They get a work permit for the foreign worker, as a ME visa never allowed to work, and the new law concerns only ME visa.

Pyotr
16-11-2007, 16:36
Edited to go and double check facts

Pyotr
16-11-2007, 16:41
They get a work permit for the foreign worker, as a ME visa never allowed to work, and the new law concerns only ME visa.

Would you happen to know how much a work permit costs the employer? I've heard it is thousands of dollars, but can't see how that would work out for lower-paying jobs.

Bels
16-11-2007, 18:30
Would you happen to know how much a work permit costs the employer? I've heard it is thousands of dollars, but can't see how that would work out for lower-paying jobs.

Well it seems to work for EFL teachers :(

davtan
16-11-2007, 19:31
you say it only affects ME visa's, so does that mean we can get tourist visa every 3 months ?

Bels
16-11-2007, 19:42
you say it only affects ME visa's, so does that mean we can get tourist visa every 3 months ?

I've never had a tourist visa. But I would imagine you would have to register with a hotel. Very expensive way of living in Moscow, and inconvenient for many. And it would obviously look suspicious.

Eloy
20-11-2007, 17:34
If i understand this. I've been in Moscow for more tahn one year. I got my last Visa in May this year and left Russia since then for 3 or 4 weeks max. Does it mean that if i leave this weekend for few days i won't be let in? Or they will let me in for only 90 days? How does it work?

nikolaivtoroi
21-11-2007, 11:39
dont forget that you can get business visas for 3 months. so, get one for 3 months and then get another one issued straight away, no missing the family for 3 months. i will do this all next year until i get a temp. res permit (well, IF i get one)
if you are a non-tax paying expat like me, its a pain, but if you're official your employer should provide you with a work visa.

Bels
21-11-2007, 11:44
dont forget that you can get business visas for 3 months. so, get one for 3 months and then get another one issued straight away, no missing the family for 3 months. i will do this all next year until i get a temp. res permit (well, IF i get one)
if you are a non-tax paying expat like me, its a pain, but if you're official your employer should provide you with a work visa.

Are you talking about using a personal invitation ? or getting one from an agency.

Wolverine
22-11-2007, 01:45
[QUOTE=vantru;303284]You have to exit the country after, a maximum, 90 days then you have to stay out of Russia 90 more days and then you can come back for another 90 days to complete your 180 days per year.
The new visas have all this written on the bottom part of the visa sticker that they put in your passport, I just did this the 18th of October.

QUOTE]

I got my 1 yr ME in the US issued on Oct 29 2007, and there is no mention of the 90 day thing. Does that mean I'm exempt if I don't have the 90 day sticker? I'm back in Russia, but I didn't register.

Maxim
26-11-2007, 17:49
I got my 1 yr ME in the US issued on Oct 29 2007, and there is no mention of the 90 day thing. Does that mean I'm exempt if I don't have the 90 day sticker? I'm back in Russia, but I didn't register.If "duration of stay" is 365 - yes, you can stay up to 180 days, then take 1-day break and 180 days again.

Bels
26-11-2007, 19:07
I'm getting a bit confused here for the moment. Wolverine , you are American. You have a 90 day restriction. Fom which Embassy did you apply, which country?

Maxim, you are American also, with no restricted visa. Why have you not registered?

SalTheReturn
26-11-2007, 19:22

actually a good question, and i imagine it would be great to find out how to mix 3 months bizness visa with 3 months tourist visa
i would say there is no law which can prevent tourists from entering in russia anytime and just having a girlfriend there could be just a good excuse

as concern getting registration with hotels, actually not so expensive, my aussie friend paid as little as 600py last year and it was valid 3 months

ezik
26-11-2007, 21:49
So, basically, the rule of keeping foreigners out of the country for 90 days after spending 90 days here doesn't work. You can apply for a new visa and return the next day if needed.

The rule is actually only valid for visas distributed from October 18th and onwards. Even if you have the sticker in your visa, there is no law to back that sticker if it was issued before October 18th. Let alone formal sanctions.

FMS, at my location, is registering for 180 days on a ME visa, business as usual. I got a 180 days registration on a visa that mentioned 90 days. And when I get back from my holiday break at New Year, they are going to do the same again.

Now, be aware: every visa issued on October 18th 2007 or after is going to be checked more thoroughly, if FMS and MID sort things out together. You might face serious problems if you overstay your visa.

Visas issued between January 15th 2007 and October 18th 2007: gray area. Expect some scrutiny when applying for a new ME business visa, but then ask about the law backing these rules: it was passed on October 18th and therefore wasn't effective before that date. But you might get a slight slap on the wrist and some harsh looks.

Now, one thing to realise here is that Russia is far from stupid imposing these new rules. Actually, although it at a glance may all look more difficult and unfriendly, these is some rational behind it that's not too bad really. Consider this:
- visa prices have decreased dramatically
- your inviting business hosts is responsible for your registration. So, not party is going to host you with a business visa unless they are serious.
- for those who use a ME business visa for private purposes: the Temp Residency Permit procedure seems to have become a lot easier. I know I'll be feeling better once I have a temp res. permit that actually is 100% fit for my situation.

The change in rules means that Russia is making a point out of fighting corrupcy and slowly moves toward a more honest immigration policy.

In the meantime, the chaos about the implementation of the rules provides confusion and at the same time breathing space. There has been no communication in English or any other foreign language from any official side. So how are we supposed to know? Most, if not all, Embassies refuse to take any responsibility for the change in rules that have been negotiated on a diplomatic level, i.e. by them!!!. Russia provides information in Russian, which we (uninformed ignorant foreigners) don't understand.

There has been a lot of talk about democracy on the forum, lately. Democracy means that you, the voter, have some influence on decisions or at the least a right to proper information. Our democratic representatives negotiated rules with Russia. Our democratic representatives therefore have a moral, if not legal, obligation to provide information and especially advice and support. The excuse "we are not authorised" does not count from their side. They have the information that we need. And the power to fix things when they go wrong.

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 22:03
So, basically, the rule of keeping foreigners out of the country for 90 days after spending 90 days here doesn't work. You can apply for a new visa and return the next day if needed.

The rule is actually only valid for visas distributed from October 18th and onwards. Even if you have the sticker in your visa, there is no law to back that sticker if it was issued before October 18th. Let alone formal sanctions.

FMS, at my location, is registering for 180 days on a ME visa, business as usual. I got a 180 days registration on a visa that mentioned 90 days. And when I get back from my holiday break at New Year, they are going to do the same again.

Now, be aware: every visa issued on October 18th 2007 or after is going to be checked more thoroughly, if FMS and MID sort things out together. You might face serious problems if you overstay your visa.

Visas issued between January 15th 2007 and October 18th 2007: gray area. Expect some scrutiny when applying for a new ME business visa, but then ask about the law backing these rules: it was passed on October 18th and therefore wasn't effective before that date. But you might get a slight slap on the wrist and some harsh looks.

Now, one thing to realise here is that Russia is far from stupid imposing these new rules. Actually, although it at a glance may all look more difficult and unfriendly, these is some rational behind it that's not too bad really. Consider this:
- your inviting business hosts is responsible for your registration. So, not party is going to host you with a business visa unless they are serious.
- for those who use a ME business visa for private purposes: the Temp Residency Permit procedure seems to have become a lot easier. I know I'll be feeling better once I have a temp res. permit that actually is 100% fit for my situation.

The change in rules means that Russia is making a point out of fighting corrupcy and slowly moves toward a more honest immigration policy.

In the meantime, the chaos about the implementation of the rules provides confusion and at the same time breathing space. There has been no communication in English or any other foreign language from any official side. So how are we supposed to know? Most, if not all, Embassies refuse to take any responsibility for the change in rules that have been negotiated on a diplomatic level, i.e. by them!!!. Russia provides information in Russian, which we (uninformed ignorant foreigners) don't understand.

There has been a lot of talk about democracy on the forum, lately. Democracy means that you, the voter, have some influence on decisions or at the least a right to proper information. Our democratic representatives negotiated rules with Russia. Our democratic representatives therefore have a moral, if not legal, obligation to provide information and especially advice and support. The excuse "we are not authorised" does not count from their side. They have the information that we need. And the power to fix things when they go wrong.

Why you never mentioned the fact that maybe Russia is doing this as a balance between migratory regulations from other countries.... I have two passports and one is from the US ...............I CANT STAY MORE THAN 90 in HOLLAND AND I NEED TO BE 90 OUT OF HOLLAND OR ANY OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRY!!!!! why dont you say that..... why cant you be objective..... why should Russians let others being in their country for more than 90 when other countries do not allow that................ either you just wanna see what is happening here or you just say or show what foreigners want to see....

Russia just may get a little profit from issuing visas, but noone will be rejected for a ME 90 180, as I can get and piss and smoke pot, and fk the prostitutes from your country without any visa, i cant get there on foot if I want but I CANT STAY THERE MORE THAN 90 DAYS........ IS THE SAME AS here MY FRIEND.

Garfield... either you become objective or this may become personal..... that is not fair.

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 22:04
why dont you say that this was a regular steps from the Russian goverment as many countries have the same regulations............including YOURS!!!

Judge
26-11-2007, 22:11
why dont you say that this was a regular steps from the Russian goverment as many countries have the same regulations............including YOURS!!!
We know this already ...
Expats in Russia don't need to know the visa rules for Holland or England , we live in Russia and that's all we bother about..

Bels
26-11-2007, 22:18

But, yes I do clearly understand that those EU countries who stupidly signed an agreement with Russia for a very stupid rule, agreed Brit Britain, Ireland and Denmark refused. They appear to be not affected yet, only one Brit has confirmed he has, But the overwhelming majority including my are not affected.

All I can say is get the guidence of the russian Embassy in the Embassy you are applying to get your visa to put you straight. As they are the one ones who0 should enforce the rules on you.

Bels
26-11-2007, 22:26
actually a good question, and i imagine it would be great to find out how to mix 3 months bizness visa with 3 months tourist visa
i would say there is no law which can prevent tourists from entering in russia anytime and just having a girlfriend there could be just a good excuse

as concern getting registration with hotels, actually not so expensive, my aussie friend paid as little as 600py last year and it was valid 3 months

Or get a personal invitation. However it all boils down as to why we are here. And, yes, there are some sense in the laws. Are you here to work officially, are you here to do business, or are you here to live because you have now a family. Sorry no more illegal employments or doing what you feel like. They should know what your purpose is. It makes a lot of sense.

Bels
26-11-2007, 22:38
Although this damn residency is a pain in the ass. They should be capable of making it a lot more efficient.

My guess is that it will eventually take much more than the the claimed six months time. Because they are in-undated with work mainly from ex-soviets. It took me seven months, and godness knows how long with getting all paperwork together and medical check-ups before-hand.

Come on please speed it up, because Britain has for the Spouse visa. It takes a matter of a few days. Yes it now costs 800 but it's efficient.

Now if this amount was charged for a few days for residency it would be much appreciated. Because the collected prices and our effort of time, it actually costs much more to get a residency in Russia.

SalTheReturn
26-11-2007, 22:41
Ezik, it is true. In none of your post you even mention that Russia is doing it in response to the visa restrictions applied to Russian nationals.
In addition you keep bringing forth the story of "the victimized expat in Russia" whilst the all of us have enjoyed rights we did not have and did not even pay taxes on profits.

If you do this in overly-efficient Holland, you get caught and deported in a second.

About MacCrap he does not understand that whilst a Russian entering the West may cause troubles, a Western entering in Russia makes up no big deal.

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 22:44
If I have two passports and then once my ME visa is finishing and I am just at the check out point, the guy also just stamped my passport.... suddenly I come back and tell him or her that I forgot to turn off the light, and then I show him a different passport with valid ME visa....

Does that mean that I am too coool?
Only cool?

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 22:49
Ezik, it is true. In none of your post you even mention that Russia is doing it in response to the visa restrictions applied to Russian nationals.
In addition you keep bringing forth the story of "the victimized expat in Russia" whilst the all of us have enjoyed rights we did not have and did not even pay taxes on profits.

If you do this in overly-efficient Holland, you get caught and deported in a second.

About MacCrap he does not understand that whilst a Russian entering the West may cause troubles, a Western entering in Russia makes up no big deal.

Yeah garfield!!! fk that..

About Mc Crap.... fk him too!!!!

Judge
26-11-2007, 22:49

Sal, Ezik didn't mention anything about it because we know it already and we have talked about it before.
This is a thread about the 90 day rule for Russia, not 90 day rules for the EU.

This part of the forum is for expats who want to know about the NEW 90 DAY RULE FOR RUSSIA.

Bels
26-11-2007, 22:53

About MacCrap he does not understand that whilst a Russian entering the West may cause troubles, a Western entering in Russia makes up no big deal.r

Sal, this is not true, yes you pay taxes.Even though stated from employers as net of taxes, I don't know why.

Restriction of Russian national I don't know what you are talking about.

What I do understand that Russia has to be careful. A warning from Britain. Be easy on our people and our companies. Stop this red tape. As britain is your biggest investor. Quotes from the Financial Times and the government.

Do they honestly want us all to pull out????

Judge
26-11-2007, 23:02
If I have two passports and then once my ME visa is finishing and I am just at the check out point, the guy also just stamped my passport.... suddenly I come back and tell him or her that I forgot to turn off the light, and then I show him a different passport with valid ME visa....

Does that mean that I am too coool?
Only cool?

You best watch out doing this,i tried this once in a none eu country, i have 2 passports and used the wrong one because i left my passport at home. The passport guy wanted to write in my passport that i have 2 passports,no one should ever be able to write in your passport.

So really it in isn't a cool thing to do..

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 23:05
r

Sal, this is not true, yes you pay taxes.Even though stated from employers as net of taxes, I don't know why.

Restriction of Russian national I don't know what you are talking about.

What I do understand that Russia has to be careful. A warning from Britain. Be easy on our people and our companies. Stop this red tape. As britain is your biggest investor. Quotes from the Financial Times and the government.

Do they honestly want us all to pull out????

No Bells, they dont want that.... in fact a person like you I guess is really needed.... not sarcastic I am. They are just selecting and ordering, remember that here a foreigner is any non Russian.... imagine that.... you have a family and you will be one of the firsts to be adopted here.... will be smth like the US american policy for green cards.... believe me that........... but please dear Bels, start learning some Russian.:agree:

Bels
26-11-2007, 23:07
Sal, Ezik didn't mention anything about it because we know it already and we have talked about it before.
This is a thread about the 90 day rule for Russia, not 90 day rules for the EU.

This part of the forum is for expats who want to know about the NEW 90 DAY RULE FOR RUSSIA.

this all started with a 90 ninety day rule with those in in agreement in Russia. What I can't understand why those agreed. Ther was no advantage except a cheaper visa. So Denmark, Britain and Ireland refuse? Because they are the richest countries in the EU and of the highest demand of Entry. They couldn't offer such requests as Russia requested. They are also small sized countries. They are over populated. Why can't they understand that !!!!

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 23:12
You best watch out doing this,i tried this once in a none eu country, i have 2 passports and used the wrong one because i left my passport at home. The passport guy wanted to write in my passport that i have 2 passports,no one should ever be able to write in your passport.

So really it in isn't a cool thing to do..

Yeah man but my passports will have the ME visa each , one i will get after three months.... of course if I show one passport without registration they will fk me, but if there is, then is ok........man you should have a look at my psprts, they are so scratched and stamped, who will care even if I write there a phone number.......

Well.... i think that I can take that as....... I am boldly cool.

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 23:25
this all started with a 90 ninety day rule with those in in agreement in Russia. What I can't understand why those agreed. Ther was no advantage except a cheaper visa. So Denmark, Britain and Ireland refuse? Because they are the richest countries in the EU and of the highest demand of Entry. They couldn't offer such requests as Russia requested. They are also small sized countries. They are over populated. Why can't they understand that !!!!

the only fact is that they need to go every three months to their motherland for a couple of weeks meanwhile they get a work permit or a residency. No other choice..............ME for 1 year byebye

Mvlzac
26-11-2007, 23:26
the only fact is that they need to go every three months to their motherland for a couple of weeks meanwhile they get a work permit or a residency. No other choice..............ME for 1 year byebye

hey Garf and you say that i do not contribute here... come on

ezik
27-11-2007, 20:20

If you didn't pay tax, then that's your problem. I do pay tax.

I've seen enough in Holland to know about how they are ridiculous about immigration. Still, they don't put cotton pads up your tube.

Come on Sal, you are where you are and have no immigration problems of your own. What are you trying to tell the people who are dealing with immigration in Russia? And may I kindly remind you that this site is about Russia and we have all rights to discuss immigration rules here? Why are you so against us discussing this here?

ezik
27-11-2007, 20:22
hey Garf and you say that i do not contribute here... come on

You are repeating something that has been written all over the site.

Moreover you called this site anti-Russian.

You had an infraction before.

Bels
27-11-2007, 20:48

I've seen enough in Holland to know about how they are ridiculous about immigration. Still, they don't put cotton pads up your tube.

Come on Sal, you are where you are and have no immigration problems of your own. What are you trying to tell the people who are dealing with immigration in Russia? And may I kindly remind you that this site is about Russia and we have all rights to discuss immigration rules here? Why are you so against us discussing this here?

I agree with a lot of what you say in your posts, Ezik. However I know it as a fact, they don't stick pads or umbrellas and then open :) up your tube, it's impossible and I have been through the medicals, they are not aproblem.

So please, don't terrify our poor members who are going through residency at this very moment.

Bels
27-11-2007, 20:55
And Sal, do you have any immigration problem here, NO! because you are not here. Perhaps you can explain your immigration situation here if you plan to come here on December as you have stated. Let's be factual Sal. WELL! the best we can , there is no argument that their is confusion. And that includes the Italiens especially. Your country signed the agreement WOW!

SalTheReturn
27-11-2007, 21:31

I am against you who keep arguing the same stuff all over failing at recognizing that the russian government cannot be blamed for making its laws more international, trying to cut tax-evaders, and telling foreigners "hey this is not the zoopark"

as regards the paying taxes thing, lets leave it there because we know how it is going to end up...:trooper:
of course if you tell me you pay, i interpretate your statement and almost believe it

ezik
27-11-2007, 21:41
I am against you who keep arguing the same stuff all over failing at recognizing that the russian government cannot be blamed for making its laws more international, trying to cut tax-evaders, and telling foreigners "hey this is not the zoopark"

as regards the paying taxes thing, lets leave it there because we know how it is going to end up...:trooper:
of course if you tell me you pay, i interpretate your statement and almost believe it

LOL!

More international! Check the MID website. Check your Embassy website. What is more international here? No information on your Embassy's site as they are "not authorised" to tell you anything. No information on the Russian website as you have to be fluent in Russian to understand it.

If you read my posts carefully, you will find out that in principle I fully support the new immigration laws. I just have my reservations against the fact that it is not being communicated by ANY of the parties involved to those who have to deal with this on a day-to-day basis.

And as you are just infrequently visiting and not at all in a situation that concerns (semi-) permanently living here, I suggest you put your journalistic efforts into research rather than commenting before you have dealt with the situation yourself.

You can have anything against me for argueing something. But at the same time you have no right of passing any judgement, as you are happily living in the EU and don't have to face ANY of the problems mentioned here.

Empathy is something that makes a good journalist. And you are lacking it.

Bels
27-11-2007, 21:44

Taxes!! this is a bit in the middle. Wrk for a school and give you net!! and hope the school sorts it out properly. I don't know how private teaching, tranlations, proof reading, freelancing is going to work in the future. But every one to their own responsibilities. For me , pay 6% entrepeneur on declared income. Whatever! but try and appear to look legal for a non-worrying life.

So Sal! Do you have any worries about coming to Russia in regards to visas where others have been straight and honest about it.

Pyotr
13-12-2007, 02:04
One year is a major mistake as even before the new law, registration was made for never more than SIX MONTHS.

I understand that that is the law and that a mistake might have been made.

But it would be great it you could explain what happens when foreigners have received registration for one year (like their visas) from OVIR. This has happened many times.

Who is in the wrong when these people apply for new visas or temporary residency? OVIR gave them stamped documents. Does OVIR have no responsibility? Or does the foreigner bear responsibility for the mistake of OVIR, for giving them one-year registration?

A foreigner gets one-year registration in good faith from the OVIR, and then can't get another visa/temporary residence permit because OVIR screwed up?

Is it getting as bad as the USA here?

BabyFirefly
10-10-2011, 04:28
So this only applies to visas issues IN the EU or visas issued TO EU citizens? Like I'm an American citizen but might do a visa run in Europe. would I be affected?