PDA

View Full Version : Anyone living in the Khimki area??

abhogan
15-09-2012, 00:07
I am considering taking up a teaching position with a school called Language Practice Centre located there, but I want to know what it's like living in Khimki. Is it a safe area? Thanks! :)

Remington
15-09-2012, 00:38
It's safe area but it's very close to Sheremetyevo airport so you may hear planes flying. There is a big MEGA shopping mall there too.

Dolgoprudny Neil
15-09-2012, 08:48
Very busy traffic - airport and shopping. Nearest metro stations Planernaya and Rechnoy Vokzal, both a short bus ride away (maybe even walk to the former, depending on exactly where in Khimki you will be living). Good shopping facilities, but they are busy. Also football stadium which can lead to further traffic problems.

Bars etc, you will be better off going into Moscow if you want a hectic social life. Khimki is marginally more lively than neighbouring Dolgoprudny (not difficult).

Potty
15-09-2012, 08:59
I am considering taking up a teaching position with a school called Language Practice Centre located there, but I want to know what it's like living in Khimki. Is it a safe area? Thanks! :)

I don't like Khimki. I think it is very nosy and ugly. There is no place to walk there (parks or even trees) and hard to get to the city. Pretty depressing area i think.

tvadim133
15-09-2012, 09:35
I don't like Khimki. I think it is very nosy and ugly. There is no place to walk there (parks or even trees) and hard to get to the city. Pretty depressing area i think.

there is an old town (to the right from the route to SVO) and a new (to the left), what is deperessing area for you?

Dolgoprudny Neil
15-09-2012, 10:16
there is an old town (to the right from the route to SVO) and a new (to the left), what is deperessing area for you?

There is a bit of green there. It's not that bad. Just not very lively.