PDA

View Full Version : Any vegans/raw vegans?

aerewenna
13-09-2012, 16:09
I'm interested if there are any vegans or even raw vegans in Moscow?
I'm the last one, actually.

May be, let's meet up or even make a dinner together? :)

Inola
13-09-2012, 16:13

There are lots of them (a couple of my friends are).. I eat what they eat when we meet up - out of curiousity and because we go to the places where such food is served :)

mrzuzzo
13-09-2012, 16:25
That's just wrong. Shame on you.

Inola
13-09-2012, 16:27
That's just wrong. Shame on you.

on the OP or on me? :D

mrzuzzo
13-09-2012, 16:37
on the OP or on me? :D

Both! Friends don't let friends eat grass!

Inola
13-09-2012, 16:42

shame on me because I don't know how to choose friends or because I don't drop friends who become vegans? :D

Potty
13-09-2012, 16:53
. I eat what they eat when we meet up -

Why don't they eat what you eat?

Inola
13-09-2012, 16:56
Why don't they eat what you eat?

let me guess... because they are raw vegans? :idea:

Potty
13-09-2012, 16:59
let me guess... because they are raw vegans? :idea:

ok, I'll try again. Why do they eat what they want and you eat what they eat?

mrzuzzo
13-09-2012, 17:01
shame on me because I don't know how to choose friends or because I don't drop friends who become vegans? :D

I would not be friends with a person who is a vegan. I actually find vegans offensive, self-centered, and unnatural. It's absolutely disgusting.

Inola
13-09-2012, 17:05
ok, I'll try again. Why do they eat what they want and you eat what they eat?

I happen to want (and do so every day) to eat fruit and vegetables :)

When we meet up we go to vegan restaurants because in others the choice of vegan meals is usually very limited - also you can be really surprised by inventiveness of the vegan restaurants chiefs - and I'm all for trying new recipes, etc.

When I feel like eating a good meat steak - I go to steak houses with friends - meat-eaters :)

Inola
13-09-2012, 17:11
I would not be friends with a person who is a vegan. I actually find vegans offensive, self-centered, and unnatural. It's absolutely disgusting.

just your bad luck I think - bashing you about how bad it is to kill animals or something?

my friends are great people - we don't discuss each other's habits, be it diet or smoking, etc - there are plenty of other interesting topics to discuss!

Potty
13-09-2012, 17:16

why?
Well, to be a vegan is a bit disguise or I don't know how to call it. When a human is born after several months (8, 9, 10) he/she NEEDS meat. Otherwise he will be weak and sick. So, I bet all inola's friends got all they needed while their organism was growing and meat (milk, whatever) was vital and now they claim that eating meat is something horrible. At the age after 22-23 or so you don't really need food of animal origin so you can become whatever. Or I don't know , maybe what I wrote doesn't contradict their theory.

Potty
13-09-2012, 17:17
I happen to want (and do so every day) to eat fruit and vegetables :)

When we meet up we go to vegan restaurants because in others the choice of vegan meals is usually very limited - also you can be really surprised by inventiveness of the vegan restaurants chiefs - and I'm all for trying new recipes, etc.

When I feel like eating a good meat steak - I go to steak houses with friends - meat-eaters :)

thats very nice of you anyway.

Potty
13-09-2012, 17:20

And I like not-indifferent to whatever it is people.

Inola
13-09-2012, 17:28
why?
Well, to be a vegan is a bit disguise or I don't know how to call it. When a human is born after several months (8, 9, 10) he/she NEEDS meat. Otherwise he will be weak and sick. So, I bet all inola's friends got all they needed while their organism was growing and meat (milk, whatever) was vital and now they claim that eating meat is something horrible. At the age after 22-23 or so you don't really need food of animal origin so you can become whatever. Or I don't know , maybe what I wrote doesn't contradict their theory.

First of all, not all my friends (see post above).

Secondly, not all of my friends-vegans/vegetarians claim anything of the kind : one of them - a raw vegan (she is 50) says she feels better this way, a couple of colleagues (simply do not eat meat) - same way.

The only one (stopped eating meat, chicken included, at the age of 22) who did so for moral reasons, never imposes her views on others - I think she only once said something - expressed her approval when first saw me in my new fake-leather jacket (I bought it because I liked it and it was cheap)...

I don't think she is cynical because she ate meat while growing - first of all, when you are a kid your parents decided for you what your diet should contain.. secondly, people stop eating meat at the age they decide it's wrong and decide to stop eating meat. As simple as that imho.

Potty
13-09-2012, 17:35
So , you actually have only one raw vegan friend. The others are just people who don't eat meat, like for example I don't eat caramel candies.

Potty
13-09-2012, 17:37
I don't think she is cynical because she ate meat while growing - .

Does she plan to feed her kids with meat?

Inola
13-09-2012, 17:38
So , you actually have only one raw vegan friend. The others are just people who don't eat meat, like for example I don't eat caramel candies.

I am acquainted with others - friends of that very friend :) and know a couple of other raw vegans but don't go to restaurants with them (mere acquaintances).

Inola
13-09-2012, 17:39
Does she plan to feed her kids with meat?

have no idea... but she does feed her cat properly :)

Potty
13-09-2012, 17:47
have no idea... but she does feed her cat properly :)

thats interesting. is it possible to find such food for cats? my cat used to eat water melons and cucumbers though

viktor
13-09-2012, 19:18
its not a grass its cadavers of plants

molly picon
14-09-2012, 01:26
Back to the original question- my husband is Russian and a vegan, though lately he hasn't been super strict about it. I'm sure we wouldn't mind a food social kind of thing, but haven't sought it out. We do eat a lot of tofu and beans (I go along with the vegan thing but I usually add cheese and sour cream to whatever we cook).

Benedikt
14-09-2012, 08:02

sorry the clip is in german but if you click on the pictures you will see what can be done with vegan cooking. In vegan cooking heat up to +40/45 C are allowed. So in many instances a dehydrator is being used do prepare vegan food.
As we know i am a Chef and i have tried some of the things in the pictures. Having no dehydrator so i am using my normal convection oven to -dry?cook?- the food items prepared.
If one has a convection oven the temperature can be kept at under or around the temperature required by vegan cooking.

Inola
14-09-2012, 10:22
sorry the clip is in german but if you click on the pictures you will see what can be done with vegan cooking. In vegan cooking heat up to +40/45 C are allowed. So in many instances a dehydrator is being used do prepare vegan food.
As we know i am a Chef and i have tried some of the things in the pictures. Having no dehydrator so i am using my normal convection oven to -dry?cook?- the food items prepared.
If one has a convection oven the temperature can be kept at under or around the temperature required by vegan cooking.

hi, Benedikt, where to find the clip? :)

prd
14-09-2012, 10:32
I keep getting that response being vegetarian,however I don' thave the same lack of tolerance towards barbarians.Joking aside,I feel there is a sense of control .From a lot of the jokes revolve around control,why can't people eat what you give them.DO we have to eat what we hear too?I suppose I ate meat because I was given some and if I did not it would be put in the mashed potatoe or anywhere else but the bin.
Unfortunaltely I can't help vegans but you can read about it on internet,i was a vegan for many years but di dnot know about it.Beware that some vegans don't eat honey as they are made by an animal ,as in contain animal cells....

Benedikt
14-09-2012, 11:17
hi, Benedikt, where to find the clip? :)

http://kurier.at/freizeit/genuss/4509062-rohkost-kueche-ohne-herd.php#vor

sorry these are just pictures. but you can see what can be done with -grass-.
and if you want to read PROMT will translate it quite good. or if you have the Google Chrome browser he translates the whole site into english or whatever language you had set it up to translate.

http://simplyrawbakery.blogspot.co.at/
and here is another link about vegan food. sorry it is in German again, don't seem to find anything in english language equivalent.
and typing in vegan cooking or vegan food does not seem to bring any good results.

shurale
16-09-2012, 12:39

There is nothing original about being a raw vegan; I have never met a cooked vegan.

RichardB
16-09-2012, 13:30

You judge people and decide whether to like them or not simply based on what they EAT????

How does your mind work?

:D

Benedikt
16-09-2012, 21:55

how do you -cook-? do you use a dehydrator or is your oven good enough to get +40C. that is the temperature vegans are allowed to use. or at lest this is the way i cook when doing vegan.( in a commercial kitchen we can get our ovens down to as low as +10C, so no problems there)

mrzuzzo
17-09-2012, 00:19
You judge people and decide whether to like them or not simply based on what they EAT????

Yessir! I don't need friends like that!

RichardB
17-09-2012, 01:06

:D

robertmf
17-09-2012, 01:39
There is nothing original about being a raw vegan; I have never met a cooked vegan.

I like vegans because they leave more meat for me :)

Benedikt
17-09-2012, 10:26

though everyone has a right to live/eat/do what they want and what makes them happy. as long as they don't force it onto others. and try to convince people that only THEY are right and the rest is wrong.
i am a Chef any way ,so no convincing will success that eating meat is wrong.Though I will listen to anyone as long as it is done within reason that something must be and will be and is done to make sure that animals that we breed for eating are kept under conditions that are not degrading. but for that we also have to be prepared to pay.

robertmf
17-09-2012, 10:28
though everyone has a right to live/eat/do what they want and what makes them happy.

Do you eat tofu :question:

Benedikt
17-09-2012, 10:42
Do you eat tofu :question:

being a kraut of course sausages and the like are more on my menu. but there are occasions, also in the kitchen, when i am using Tofu. -Silken Tofu- (good quality) has the consistency of Fetaxi, a sort of Feta cheese. it can be cut into cubes for salad, crumbed and fried like a schnitzel. and there is also smoked tofu, taste just like smoked suluguni cheese.
nothing wrong with eating tofu.

Uncle Pasha
01-10-2012, 15:18
Vegetarianism - especially in its pure form - seems to have gone down in popularity. Russia is moving towards cannibalistic stage of its cycle so vegetarianism is kind of out of place here at the moment. But there are still a few hangouts like Jaghannath (sp.?) or White Clouds or that newly-opened one on Khoroshevskoye (?) that still seem to be active. Do you need a list of real and virtual vegetarian hangouts? Mine is shamefully outdated so I won't even give you a link here but if asked I'll be happy to update and share it..

Vaishnavi
19-11-2012, 00:18

There are plenty of vegans in Moscow!! If you are interested in it, I could introduce you to them and bring you into the places where only pure veg food is served.