PDA

View Full Version : When do you think it will start snowing?

Obarra
13-09-2012, 13:51
When do you think it will start snowing?

Lost in moscow
13-09-2012, 13:54
Middle of November. end of November if lucky, end of October if not.

okiey
13-09-2012, 14:43
Middle of November. end of November if lucky, end of October if not.

Hopefully January!

Benedikt
13-09-2012, 14:49

or so the Grannies say. And they know more than the weather forecasters.
But it will not stay.
Last year real snow that than also stayed, fell only on the 22nd of december.

Inola
13-09-2012, 14:51
Hopefully January!

Disagree with that! The days are shorter and shorter, the sky is almost constantly grey in the end of the year and it really is depressing until there is white snow on the ground to reflect light.

Despite winters lasting for about 9 months and daytime lasting only a few hours in the extreme north, people there are far less depressed in general, than people in the central part of Russia. Why? because everything around is white and a randrom ray of the sun is reflected and intensified a zillion times :thumbsup:

okiey
13-09-2012, 14:54
Disagree with that! The days are shorter and shorter, the sky is almost constantly grey in the end of the year and it really is depressing until there is white snow on the ground to reflect light.

Despite winters lasting for about 9 months and daytime lasting only a few hours in the extreme north, people there are far less depressed in general, than people in the central part of Russia despite winters lasting for about 9 months there. Why? because everything around is white and a randrom ray of the sun is reflected and intensified a zillion times :thumbsup:

Snow is fine when its really cold, but I detest the mushy stuff you get in late October/November, which sticks for a few hours/days and then starts melting.

But I'm sure the dry cleaners love that :)

mrzuzzo
13-09-2012, 15:14
Hopefully January, yes!

But realistically, mid-November.

Potty
13-09-2012, 15:15
Snow doesn't even know how much it is loved :jester:

mrzuzzo
13-09-2012, 15:18

I love snow, I'm a semi-pro skier and used to work as a ski instructor for a few years.. But my getaway points in the winter are the Alps and the Rockies.

Snow in Moscow is just brutal because it instantly becomes dirty and black.

Do you remember how late winter ended this year? We still had snow in April!

And besides, I want to ride my motorcycle for as long as possible this season! :jester:

Inola
13-09-2012, 15:19
A colleague just told us they predict an early winter this year and the "heating season" will start end of September...

mrzuzzo
13-09-2012, 15:20
A colleague just told us they predict an early winter this year and the "heating season" will start end of September...

Noooooooooo. I will hang myself :(

Inola
13-09-2012, 15:25

Enjoy the current "indien" summer instead :) Hope the sunny weather lasts through the WE...

scd167
13-09-2012, 16:24

Will you sell tickets to the lynching?

:iagree:

Benedikt
13-09-2012, 22:23

that the heating season will start at the end of September (do they know something we don't?) or if the temperature is +10C or below, on 5 consecutive days. I still remember it was a few short years back +8C.

TolkoRaz
13-09-2012, 22:36

Ask Rusmeister to ask God - he surely has the answer! ;)

TolkoRaz
13-09-2012, 22:37

That's very true, it melts in my hands! :p

GalinaP
13-09-2012, 22:40
That's very true, it melts in my hands! :p

Seeing you as a ball of fire, I'd say it burns in your hands!

Benedikt
13-09-2012, 22:44

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm024.html

you have to call this lady, when she shakes out her pillows it will be snowing.:rofl:

scd167
14-09-2012, 08:09

Most definitely the best source for the answer!!!! Go right to the source....

:tgif:

Benedikt
14-09-2012, 10:15
http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm024.html

you have to call this lady, when she shakes out her pillows it will be snowing.:rofl:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:: GalinaP (Yesterday), TolkoRaz (Yesterday)