PDA

View Full Version : What is the most offensive thing someone has ever said to you?

Potty
11-09-2012, 22:08
For me it was when I was working full time while a student at university. I'd missed a lot of lectures and the professor told me: "It's obvious that this degree doesn't interest you seeing that you are missing so many lessons. One day you'll marry a man who you don't love and you'll live with a person who you don't love for the rest of your days "

I was very passionate about learning but at the same time I was supporting myself at that time and had to work. It wasn't an option for me to only attend classes.

scd167
11-09-2012, 22:27
For me it was when I was working full time while a student at university. I'd missed a lot of lectures and the professor told me: "It's obvious that this degree doesn't interest you seeing that you are missing so many lessons. One day you'll marry a man who you don't love and you'll live with a person who you don't love for the rest of your days "

I was very passionate about learning but at the same time I was supporting myself at that time and had to work. It wasn't an option for me to only attend classes.

So, his job was to teach and you missed a lot of lectures, what did you expect him to say... of course, he was offensive... to you, but it seems he was just doing the job he was supposed to be doing?

:groan::groan::groan::groan:

Potty
11-09-2012, 22:42
So, his job was to teach and you missed a lot of lectures, what did you expect him to say... of course, he was offensive... to you, but it seems he was just doing the job he was supposed to be doing?

:groan::groan::groan::groan:

the second part. about marrying a man i wouldnt love.

scd167
11-09-2012, 22:52
the second part. about marrying a man i wouldnt love.

Sorry Potty, I have done that so many times (marrying a woman I wouldn't love) I thought that was just natural... funny what appears to be the standard to some of us old warped farts.

:rasta::rasta::rasta::rasta::rasta:

Potty
11-09-2012, 22:54
Sorry Potty, I have done that so many times (marrying a woman I wouldn't love) I thought that was just natural... funny what appears to be the standard to some of us old warped farts.

were they rich at least?:10475:

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 00:15

What was the connection between lecture missing and loveless marriage? I have a feeling the professor was at the loosing his faculties' stage! I hope you proved him wrong!

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 00:18
Dear Potty,

I'm (as you can very well guess) a proud collector of nastiness from the others. Just name the topic (love, marriage, household, business etc), and I'll give you not just one, but my top ten or something list of things people said.

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 00:26
Also, thanks for reviving the forum for me, when your head is spinning from mental exhaustion, all you feel like is chatting.

Potty
12-09-2012, 01:59
I hope you proved him wrong!

oh no. I had no energy for that :(

Potty
12-09-2012, 02:04
Dear Potty,

I'm (as you can very well guess) a proud collector of nastiness from the others. Just name the topic (love, marriage, household, business etc), and I'll give you not just one, but my top ten or something list of things people said.

I know the world is cruel but sometimes you have moments in life when you are so weak and down, when even something insignificant from someone you don't even care about can emotionally kill you.

PeteD
12-09-2012, 02:14
I would suggest that the lecturer might have been trying to say something provocative, using different baits / triggers, to get a reaction - the reaction that he was looking for was for you to attend the lectures.

It doesn't mean that he meant it, just that he was trying to find your "motivation" button...

There are many facets to teaching - nurture, cajole, kick up the ar*e, etc.... There is a time and a place for all of them.

You shouldn't be offended, but try to see it from the teacher's point of view. He saw that you weren't attending - presuming that you would ultimately fail, which would, correspondingly, reflect badly on him (her).

Potty
12-09-2012, 02:35
PeteD, you have too high opinion about my professor. Trust me, he was very far from what you are talking about.
Anyway, the thread is not about me ;-) You are supposed to share your situations. Mine was just an example.

PeteD
12-09-2012, 02:39
PeteD, you have too high opinion about my professor. Trust me, he was very far from what you are talking about.
Anyway, the thread is not about me ;-) You are supposed to share your situations. Mine was just an example.

OK, I will trust you on this! ;)

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 07:56

Agree with you. Much too often, Russian university teachers are nothing but taking it out on students and bringing them down, heard millions of stories about that.

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 08:02
I know the world is cruel but sometimes you have moments in life when you are so weak and down, when even something insignificant from someone you don't even care about can emotionally kill you.

'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me', is my motto. Hasn't always been like that for me, though. How about, for instance, when one of my first boyfriends, when trying to make clean getaway from me and swap me for a well-off friend of mine, said in our last conversation, 'Who are you, anyway? Look at you! A nurse, a joke of a job! You're nobody and will never amount to anything.' Got me depressed for a couple of months afterwards, but essentially was nothing but pure stupidity of his! Words like this are a great laugh when recollected.

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 08:05

Ultimately, though, it all works for your benefit, I'm sure. Helps you build up your strengths.

mds45
12-09-2012, 11:47
'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me', is my motto. Hasn't always been like that for me, though. How about, for instance, when one of my first boyfriends, when trying to make clean getaway from me and swap me for a well-off friend of mine, said in our last conversation, 'Who are you, anyway? Look at you! A nurse, a joke of a job! You're nobody and will never amount to anything.' Got me depressed for a couple of months afterwards, but essentially was nothing but pure stupidity of his! Words like this are a great laugh when recollected.

It would be really interesting to ask this previous boyfriends opinion of nurses if he was lying in hospital with some terrible malady needing help.

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 11:57
It would be really interesting to ask this previous boyfriends opinion of nurses if he was lying in hospital with some terrible malady needing help.

E-e-e-xactly, just another loser, you know, of whom we have plenty in Russia. :bash:

But this one doesn't take the cake. Here's my conversation with a child psychiatrist about Vova, my DS youngest.

Her: - In my opinion, you should give up this child.
Me: ????????
Her: Just think how you're going to burden your oldest son with responsibility should you die in a car crash and your husband dying there too.
Me: ????!!!!
Her: All you need to do is sign up this blank sheet, and I'll take care of everything for you (i.e. institutionalise Vova)
Me and Vova: run for the office exit, my head full of foul language.

Inola
12-09-2012, 12:04
Some people are disgusting. Good that not every one is the same...I once heard somebody say to a woman with a son with special needs: Our God knew you'd be a great mother to your child that's why he sent him to you...

antfidel
12-09-2012, 12:18
ex once called me "literally hitler"

Potty
12-09-2012, 12:36
''Who are you, anyway? Look at you! A nurse, a joke of a job! .

if i was a man i would marry a nurse. I mean a good nurse who loves her job and is kind to people.

Potty
12-09-2012, 12:46
But this one doesn't take the cake. Here's my conversation with a child psychiatrist about Vova, my DS youngest..

As mrzuzzo would say : "I hope you kill yourself and die painful death". Or do you think it is a too evil answer to that lady?

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 14:19
As mrzuzzo would say : "I hope you kill yourself and die painful death". Or do you think it is a too evil answer to that lady?

No answer is too evil for this lady, as, a couple of years later she told me, on examining my oldest before school, that he is 'a retard, too, and will find himself in special education correction school in no time at all'. I guess it was a pure miracle he made it to his 11th school year without any adventures of this kind. The lady is raving mad, I issued a complaint against her at one point, when it got too much for me, but, as everything in Russia is, she got her a** covered.

Potty
12-09-2012, 14:27
ex once called me "literally hitler"

She really did mean it? In what situation?

Potty
12-09-2012, 14:42
, a couple of years later she told me, on examining my oldest before school

why does this bitch have to be around your family? No chance to get rid of her? Well, people with covered a** can be very sensitive )) I know at least 4 cases when such people had heart attack after somebody had written a complaint letter. They were not fired and continued working after the complaints handling, but the heart was not the same.

NotMe
12-09-2012, 18:00
I was once called "fat cow with big boobs" :D

LOL...:D

GalinaP
12-09-2012, 21:08
why does this bitch have to be around your family? No chance to get rid of her? Well, people with covered a** can be very sensitive )) I know at least 4 cases when such people had heart attack after somebody had written a complaint letter. They were not fired and continued working after the complaints handling, but the heart was not the same.

She isn't around the family, I'd rather die than make her my family doctor, she's on the disability committee. But it's a story of the past, all water under the bridge now. My ex always dealt nicely with her. When unnerved, I sent him to her for visits, and anything she said, he just shrugged his shoulders and mumbled something like 'whatever', and then she would shut up. I was always the emotional one, needing lots of valerianka after such visits, and Vova always kept closer to her office door, ready to run for safety.

Potty
12-09-2012, 21:41
I was once called "fat cow with big boobs" :D

LOL...:D

seems you liked it.

NotMe
12-09-2012, 21:52
seems you liked it.

I always appreciated a good sense of humor. :p