PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy apartment in Moscow?

mrzuzzo
04-09-2012, 16:27
Hey everyone,

What's the best place to buy an apartment in Moscow/Moscow area right now? Budget is not big, just under $200K USD cash..

Main requirement is easy transportation and good area. So close to a train station would be best if outside of Moscow.

No 5-story Soviet brick houses, I prefer newer developments. Buying at the construction phase is possible. I guess the North/West parts of the city are preferable as they seem to have better neighborhoods.

Is now a good time to invest in Moscow real estate?

Thanks.

FatAndy
04-09-2012, 16:56
No one knows.
http://www.su155.ru/ru/sale/ - SU 155 builds 3 of 24-floor buildings near me, m. Chertanovskaya in 3 min by feet, plus 2 WNW - SSE chords (Balaklavsky-Obrucheva-Aminievka-Rublevka and Minskaya-Lomonosovsky-Nakhimovsky). Bitsevsky park in 15 min by feet.
Varshavka goes to South, under reconstruction/widening now.
Sber has some offers for credits for flats:
http://www.sbrf.ru/moscow/ru/person/credits/home/

mrzuzzo
04-09-2012, 17:08
No one knows.
http://www.su155.ru/ru/sale/ - SU 155 builds 3 of 24-floor buildings near me, m. Chertanovskaya in 3 min by feet, plus 2 WNW - SSE chords (Balaklavsky-Obrucheva-Aminievka-Rublevka and Minskaya-Lomonosovsky-Nakhimovsky). Bitsevsky park in 15 min by feet.
Varshavka goes to South, under reconstruction/widening now.
Sber has some offers for credits for flats:
http://www.sbrf.ru/moscow/ru/person/credits/home/

Ahh, Chertanovo, not the best neighborhood and the prices there start from 210K$, so out of my budget. :(

rubyrussia
04-09-2012, 17:46
Struck it rich have we? :)

FatAndy
04-09-2012, 17:46
No, buildings are in Zyuzino, Chertanovo is across the road.

rubyrussia
04-09-2012, 17:48
Why no five story soviet brick houses? You'd rather live in a panelniy khrustchyovka?

Also, make sure you know what you're doing if you buy novostroyka. A lot of construction companies have taken people's money and years later, still no building.

mrzuzzo
04-09-2012, 18:07
Why no five story soviet brick houses? You'd rather live in a panelniy khrustchyovka?

Don't want either of those.

Also, make sure you know what you're doing if you buy novostroyka. A lot of construction companies have taken people's money and years later, still no building.

Pretty aware of that, I guess it's safe to buy from the really big companies though (Donstroi, SU-155, etc)

Struck it rich have we? :)

I wish...

Nobbynumbnuts
04-09-2012, 19:47
Don't want either of those.

Pretty aware of that, I guess it's safe to buy from the really big companies though (Donstroi, SU-155, etc)

I wish...

I bought off plan back in 2006. I did some research about the building companies in the city where i bought and went for the best company. It paid off. While a majority of them went to the wall during the crisis, my apartment was completed and the keys were handed to me.
So, it's possible just shop around and do your homework.

Remington
04-09-2012, 20:02

I wouldn't buy a second hand or used flat. Not because it's old but registration problems. If a buyer managed to get everyone to de-register but missed one person... could be distant relative or a kid who moved out few years ago. They can come back and kick the buyer out of the flat and lose everything.

Best to buy flat that has never been registered.

BabyFirefly
04-09-2012, 20:05
My husband's parents live in Otradnoe, real close to the metro, it's a nice enough area, but don't know about prices, sorry.

Judge
04-09-2012, 20:29
I wouldn't buy a second hand or used flat. Not because it's old but registration problems. If a buyer managed to get everyone to de-register but missed one person... could be distant relative or a kid who moved out few years ago. They can come back and kick the buyer out of the flat and lose everything.

Best to buy flat that has never been registered.
Such stories like a distant relative coming out of the woodwork are a thing of the past.Maybe in some places where a scam is being set up, but nowadays in Moscow it's very safe to buy old flats..
A very good agent(trusted) is needed when buying... The agent will check and make double sure that nobody is registered and that all the paperwork is in order.

Judge
04-09-2012, 20:31
Hey everyone,

What's the best place to buy an apartment in Moscow/Moscow area right now? Budget is not big, just under $200K USD cash..

Main requirement is easy transportation and good area. So close to a train station would be best if outside of Moscow.

No 5-story Soviet brick houses, I prefer newer developments. Buying at the construction phase is possible. I guess the North/West parts of the city are preferable as they seem to have better neighborhoods.

Is now a good time to invest in Moscow real estate?

Thanks.

Depends what you want, 1 room or 2? you could find a decent 1 room flat in Moscow for that price ,close to a metro station... Red line ,north and south is good..North orange and Green line are also decent...
There are some good places 10 to 30km out of Moscow 'north' with good transport to Moscow... Novokosino would have been a good place to buy a few years ago,now they have their own metro station..

Nobbynumbnuts
04-09-2012, 21:16
While we're on the subject, has anyone seen evidence of prices rising again?

rubyrussia
04-09-2012, 21:51
The best offers for the vtorichka market are generally snapped up immediately by real estate agents that poach the most recent offers directly from a database that is called "Winner" and I believe pronounced wiener. :)

You can try cian.ru but I've had better luck searching on sob.ru

BTW, Real Estate agents are a waste of money. In general, they don't know much more than the average person. My advice? Read up in Russian about the process of how an apartment is bought and sold. The main and most important thing is to make sure no one is registered in an apartment if you buy on the vtorichka market.

MashaSashina
04-09-2012, 22:34
Mrzuzzo, if you want to fix your 200K and have no preferences of where to live, then just search by price. You'll hardly find something totally different from the market, it will be more or less same type of apartment.
And just to add to comments above: registered people are not the main thing to check when you buy a flat, the history of it's property registration is much more important.
(and about agents - yes, they tell you they double check and double sure, but they are just people with no more than generally accessible sources, but all risks are yours.)

Benedikt
05-09-2012, 05:49
plenty new buildings (high rises0 going up. Done by companies who are years
in the business and no fly by night operators.
Pig park nearby, water for having fun in summer and frozen in winter. prepared piste for skiing and hiking in winter. Plenty restaurants, though no nightlife (disco,strip clubs and the like).
Easy access to the MKAT. Shops, supermarkets,hypermarkets all nearby, even in walking distance ( might be quicker than by car, though schlepping home all the shopping is no fun) good and even BEST schooling, though this might not apply to you.
Prices are hight indeed but good things can be still found.