PDA

View Full Version : Frustration!!!!

littlejohn
24-10-2007, 14:59
I returned to Moscow on Monday and my secretary has tried to get my Visa registerred. The post office that we used only one month ago refuses to accept documents for registration and told her to go the local militsia. The local militsia refused saying it was the wrong office, the office they sent her to is closed.

Is anybody aware of the rules regarding registration through the post office - have they changed?

Proper Bostonian
24-10-2007, 18:22
That's strange... I was at the P.O. today sending a fax & I saw people registering there. I specifically asked if this was this section for registration and was told yes. I was only asking for future reference as I've never used the P.O.

24-10-2007, 18:51
Why did the PO refuse to register?

littlejohn
25-10-2007, 08:23
Their reason is that I am registerred at my office not my apartment, this is totally legal as registration can be at any place where the person is. However the militsia have now said that anybody who is registerred at a place which is not residential has to go directly to them for registration and not through the post office. To me this is total BS and I need to know if anybody else is having this same problem and did they find a solution?

On another point is there any mechanism for making a complaint about being refused registration?

J.D.
25-10-2007, 08:34
I think the only mechanism in place for a foreigner to make a complaint is

Expat.ru

25-10-2007, 09:05
Their reason is that I am registerred at my office not my apartment, this is totally legal as registration can be at any place where the person is. However the militsia have now said that anybody who is registerred at a place which is not residential has to go directly to them for registration and not through the post office. To me this is total BS and I need to know if anybody else is having this same problem and did they find a solution?

On another point is there any mechanism for making a complaint about being refused registration?

It is maybe BS but they are right. anyway registration at a business place doesn't look very legal, as you do not LIVE in your business place (I assume so!).

Complaint? Write to the Federal Migration Service...

ФМС России
г.Москва
ул.В.Радищевская, д.4, стр.1

Телефон: (495) 698-00-78
Факс: (495) 698-00-06

The boss is the "подполковник" Яцив Михаил Михайлович

Good luck :jester:

More seriously, to solve your problem, register at the place you are living!

littlejohn
25-10-2007, 09:33
It is maybe BS but they are right. anyway registration at a business place doesn't look very legal, as you do not LIVE in your business place (I assume so!).

Complaint? Write to the Federal Migration Service...

ФМС России
г.Москва
ул.В.Радищевская, д.4, стр.1

Телефон: (495) 698-00-78
Факс: (495) 698-00-06

The boss is the "подполковник" Яцив Михаил Михайлович

Good luck :jester:

More seriously, to solve your problem, register at the place you are living!

Thank-you for the contact details. For your information my registration is totally legal at my office as the law does not stipulate that registration is at a residential address for a work visa, it has also been confirmed that it is a legal registration by both the Militsia and Chamber of Commerce. The reason it was done this way is that my landlord lives in St Petes, so is not able to register me every time I travel. I should add that I am the only person I know who does not have to leave the country each time to get a new 1 year ME visa, but rather I just pay 400 roubles to have it done here, so some things are easier.

25-10-2007, 11:19
Well when I wrote "doesn't look very legal", I simply mean that the registration normally is for the places people live. I know it is accepted at work places, and even many agencies register hundreds of people in their office...

By "work visa" what do you mean? As you write "ME" too... A ME visa does not allow to work, but a work permit does.

About the "leaving the country to renew"... I know at leats 10 foreigners that don't leave at all. That isn't because of this that it is legal :)

For your problem now, assuming it is a ME visa, better contact UVIR than FMS, as it is the job of UVIR. But who issued your ME visa? It is the responsibility of the "sponsor" to make it register!