PDA

View Full Version : when is idleness excusable

GalinaP
03-09-2012, 10:11
I've got a question for you (Labour Day, after all).

What's your definition of idleness and how bad is it a vice? Or maybe not a vice at all? Who knows what creative ideas can a person generate when free of work?

Would you defend or attack an idle person in your household? Or would you pass it as none of your business?

TolkoRaz
03-09-2012, 10:19
Laziness, like sleep, is a sign of weakness! :book:

GalinaP
03-09-2012, 10:41

Do you go around with match stick in your eyes to keep them open? Or sleep standing, like horses do? :rolleyes:

But imagine a situation where you'd find yourself between the jobs, would you be cursing yourself every single minute for being idle? Maybe grabbing the first position available is not such a good decision, with better jobs possibilities that require a bit of patience finding?

TolkoRaz
03-09-2012, 10:55
I would not fill my time being idle - I would use the time wisely, even if it meant surfing Expat.Ru! ;)

Jas
03-09-2012, 11:23
I wud say if uve got a nothing job and it's rubbish, then if u can get out of work and be creative- that's a good thing. Like me, I used to work on me mum's market stall and waitress in a restauraunt- but I always managed to write plot notes, jot down story ideas, or just generally polish me creative writing. So that was time well spent.

mds45
03-09-2012, 12:20
Idleness is great if I'm doing it - for everyone else it's a disgrace !

GalinaP
03-09-2012, 13:48
Idleness is great if I'm doing it - for everyone else it's a disgrace !

My sentiments exactly!

GalinaP
03-09-2012, 13:53
I would not fill my time being idle - I would use the time wisely, even if it meant surfing Expat.Ru! ;)

Why diminish the significance of Expat.ru by 'even'?
- A source for inspiration
- A reference library
- A great beginning of the day with the news around the world
- A collective shoulder to cry on
- A good conversation

This is just the humble list of what Expat.ru may be, so there are numerous justifications for idling your time away here!

Benedikt
03-09-2012, 14:09
is creative thinking and gathering silent information for someone else.

robertmf
03-09-2012, 16:54

:iagree: Doing nothing with the brain gets boring very quickly.

Inola
03-09-2012, 17:02
Doing nothing is a very hard job because you can't stop and have a rest... :D

Remington
03-09-2012, 18:15

Drinking beer is idleness. Drinking vodka is not! :D

Remington
03-09-2012, 18:19
but I always managed to write plot notes, jot down story ideas, or just generally polish me creative writing. So that was time well spent.

If you manage to get your book published without cleaning up your English. I'll have to take a bottle of Ibuprofen before I open your book to read. :D

robertmf
03-09-2012, 18:23
Drinking beer is idleness. Drinking vodka is not! :D

Drinking is not idle :bong: You get important daily exercise bending elbow :mml:

rusmeister
03-09-2012, 19:09
If you manage to get your book published without cleaning up your English. I'll have to take a bottle of Ibuprofen before I open your book to read. :D

I'll have to treat it like a Popeye cartoon. But I'd need a can of spinach just to open me own bottle of Tylenol...