PDA

View Full Version : Who is Your Personal Hero?

Jas
31-08-2012, 16:47
Guys, from Joan of Arc to Zhukov, from Martin Luther King to Benazir Bhutto, heroes come in all shapes and sizes and they can be real or imaginary.

Who inspires you? Who do you think really qualifies for the title of hero?

Ok, my hero is Mary Magdalene. Why? Cos she got denounced by the mullahs of her time, she had some mental issues also cos of all the pressure she was under, she came to know God himself, and she died fighting for what she believed in Ephesues. She went from being a outcast cos of her sexuality- to teacher, and she wrote a gospel also. So she is a truly holy person.

Also I love Hypatia of Alexandria cos she was a scientist, apostate, free thinker- again, she got trashed by the mullahs of her time.

Both Mary and Hypatia inspire me and I think I will die like them also, torn apart by the mob. I wud love to preach, just like what they done.

Jas
31-08-2012, 17:26
Do people choose heroes that resemble them or support what they believe in?

TolkoRaz
31-08-2012, 17:28
yakespeare is my personal hero - he is so worldly wise, well travelled, speaks so many languages and has an answer for everything - he is my idol! :D

Jas
31-08-2012, 17:33
You know, sometimes and stuff, we choose heroes who are bad, but they got some quality we admire. Like me, me first hero was this notorious person and she was terrible actually.

kull-le-conquerant-1997-8800-967640483.jpg

Ian G
31-08-2012, 17:33
If you are talking about someone in public life, then I'd have to say Evo Morales, president of Bolivia. I respect him more than any other politician I can think of.

Judge
31-08-2012, 17:39
Yes,if someone in public life then it's gotta be
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaMPSpOwheXaVv9l755hp7V5EqYzO_WAcAprDr__pgm7SqJ4W4

Jas
31-08-2012, 17:40
If you are talking about someone in public life, then I'd have to say Evo Morales, president of Bolivia. I respect him more than any other politician I can think of.

So he must be more than just a politician?

Jas
31-08-2012, 17:40
Yes,if someone in public life then it's gotta be
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaMPSpOwheXaVv9l755hp7V5EqYzO_WAcAprDr__pgm7SqJ4W4

Yes, he is sort of a hero.

Jas
31-08-2012, 17:43
yakespeare is my personal hero - he is so worldly wise, well travelled, speaks so many languages and has an answer for everything - he is my idol! :D

And in turn.... Yakes' hero is Britney Spears.

Lost in moscow
31-08-2012, 18:35
Come to think of it....don't have one.

Plenty of people I respect for what they have accomplished. But, none of them I can say are my personal hero.

Korotky Gennady
31-08-2012, 18:40
Ok, my hero is Mary Magdalene.

My one is Salman Rushdy. If I spelled his name correctly...

Plus Spartacus...

My antihero is V. V. Putin. He is our the King of Darkness.

Korotky Gennady
31-08-2012, 18:52
Ok, my hero is Mary Magdalene. Why? Cos she got denounced by the mullahs of her time, she had some mental issues also cos of all the pressure she was under...

Also I love Hypatia of Alexandria cos she was a scientist, apostate, free thinker- again, she got trashed by the mullahs of her time.

. Jus, say... If I be trashed by mullahs, you will love me either ?

Korotky Gennady
31-08-2012, 18:53

quincy
31-08-2012, 19:02
Guys, from Joan of Arc to Zhukov, from Martin Luther King to Benazir Bhutto, heroes come in all shapes and sizes and they can be real or imaginary.

Who inspires you? Who do you think really qualifies for the title of hero?

Ok, my hero is Mary Magdalene. Why? Cos she got denounced by the mullahs of her time, she had some mental issues also cos of all the pressure she was under, she came to know God himself, and she died fighting for what she believed in Ephesues. She went from being a outcast cos of her sexuality- to teacher, and she wrote a gospel also. So she is a truly holy person.

Both Mary and Hypatia inspire me and I think I will die like them also, torn apart by the mob. I wud love to preach, just like what they done.

I thought #1 on your list would be the Great Prophet Mohammed!

Jas
31-08-2012, 21:47
Jus, say... If I be trashed by mullahs, you will love me either ?

Why wud the mullahs trash u though? That's the question.....

Jas
31-08-2012, 21:48
I thought #1 on your list would be CENSORED BY JAS!

Do u read me posts?

quincy
31-08-2012, 22:11
Do u read me posts?

are you saying you've suddenly stopped being an Ahmadi Muslim?

Jas
31-08-2012, 22:12

I think almost anyone who has read me even briefly knows the situation. However, I do defend me sect not on a religious basis but on humanitarian grounds as a persecuted minority.

scd167
31-08-2012, 23:34
Why wud the mullahs trash u though? That's the question.....

Tucker Max is the hero to all men...

:idea:

Jas
01-09-2012, 13:54

Not the first time you mentioned me sect.....

martpark
03-09-2012, 10:38
A true Stud.https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/527901_10151035384797749_2144857499_n.jpg

yakspeare
03-09-2012, 10:59

I am fairly well travelled but you are probably more so, and some of my travels were wasted on me as a youth or child.

I have studied a lot of languages but I am fluent in less than some forum members. But languages are a particular passion of mine.

As for knowing it all-I am guilty of knowing a lot, but you haven't met my father! lol. My nicknames at school were dictionary and encylopedia..which i tried very hard to take as a compliment, even though they probably weren't! I am no expert on the English language and never professed to be, but I am a teacher.

And Judaism is so rich in lore, I could never become an expert on it. The babylonian Talmud takes 7 years of daily reading alone to finish! And I am becoming a doctor, a profession where it is guaranteed you can never know it all(but one must at least try.)

My personal hero is a personal friend of mine, who I sponsored up Mount Everest twice.

He is a one armed mountaineer, tour bus driver fluent in Japanese and has a black belt in various martial arts. Have a read of his story, it is pretty impressive:

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2008/06/12/2273190.htm

TolkoRaz
03-09-2012, 11:28
Wow, guys like Paul Hockey are a true inspiration to the rest of us more able bodied people :)

Mucho respect to him! :respect:

yakspeare
03-09-2012, 11:33
Wow, guys like Paul Hockey are a true inspiration to the rest of us more able bodied people :)

Mucho respect to him! :respect:

Yeah and he is a really cool guy too. If i ever make a ton of money, I wil sponsor him up K2. Everytime I have to resort to my walking stick and grumble about my knees, I think of him climbing Everest with one arm.

Jas
03-09-2012, 11:41
Yeah and he is a really cool guy too. If i ever make a ton of money, I wil sponsor him up K2. Everytime I have to resort to my walking stick and grumble about my knees, I think of him climbing Everest with one arm.

What's up with ure knees?

yakspeare
03-09-2012, 12:05
What's up with ure knees?

Jumping out of aviation fire trucks onto cement every day, often with full firefighting gear and 18kg of breathing apparatus strapped to my back. Totally destroyed them. The trucks, after a bunch of us got military pensions, have been redesigned.

Jas
03-09-2012, 12:24
Jumping out of aviation fire trucks onto cement every day, often with full firefighting gear and 18kg of breathing apparatus strapped to my back. Totally destroyed them. The trucks, after a bunch of us got military pensions, have been redesigned.

So was u a firefighter then?

yakspeare
03-09-2012, 12:30

Aviation Firefighter in the Navy.

martpark
03-09-2012, 12:38

Jas, seriously, stop using 'U' 'wud' and 'shud' Also it's simple, "So, WERE you a...

People are trying to practice/learn standard English, have some respect.

Jas
03-09-2012, 12:42
Okay Martpark, I got it all under control.

mrzuzzo
03-09-2012, 12:52
Definitely Charlie Sheen:

Best quotes from Charlie Sheen's interviews - YouTube

Russian Lad
03-09-2012, 13:06
Charlie Sheen raises hell at Plaza Hotel - YouTube

Charlie Sheen Found Naked and Drunk in Hotel Room - YouTube

Potty
10-09-2012, 23:13
The forum died without Jas. Or everyone just finally started working?
My personal hero is TolkoRaz. I dream some day he will take me to one of his trips to rescue elephants.

robertmf
10-09-2012, 23:51
Charlie Sheen raises hell at Plaza Hotel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_OB-W3FQM)

Charlie Sheen Found Naked and Drunk in Hotel Room - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV9vqW8Y1gY)

He made money out of the house arrest :bong: He made commercials for Fiat right in the house and showing the ankle bracelet.

Fiat 500 House Arrest With Charlie Sheen - YouTube

:drink:

TolkoRaz
12-09-2012, 15:52
The forum died without Jas. Or everyone just finally started working?
My personal hero is TolkoRaz. I dream some day he will take me to one of his trips to rescue elephants.

Potty, if your husband is happy, then I would be more than happy for you to join me on my next venture into the bush - but please be aware, there will be no 5 Star treatment or comforts, but you will be in a very safe pair of hands apart from when washing or doing other private things behind the nearest rock! ;)

Potty
12-09-2012, 16:31
there will be no 5 Star treatment or comforts, but you will be in a very safe pair of hands apart from when washing or doing other private things behind the nearest rock! ;)

elephants don't even know how much they are loved.

TolkoRaz
12-09-2012, 16:34
Neither do some humans! :book:

sashadidi
13-09-2012, 10:43
This guy is my type of hero, just got stuck in to help people and never looked for praise and in fact shunned it . I was priviledged to shake his hand after the event. It was a severe earthquake in my home town in Christchurch where I lost my friend of 20 years duration
The Real Samoan Hero - Christchurch Earthquake Feburary 2011 - YouTube